Sign in to follow this  

What a goal from Sorensen. Really hope he gets plenty of games this season and not just seen as a stand by player. 

Good penalty shoot out, good for Josh to get the winner, Nunez has that bit of cheek in a player that every team needs.

Sinani looks to be a strong player, Gibbs looks confident and able.  Dowell looked up for it.

That's just from the highlights mind.......

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

What a goal from Sorensen. Really hope he gets plenty of games this season and not just seen as a stand by player. 

Good penalty shoot out, good for Josh to get the winner, Nunez has that bit of cheek in a player that every team needs.

Sinani looks to be a strong player, Gibbs looks confident and able.  Dowell looked up for it.

Lucky we don't have Farke as if Nunez had screwed up that penenka penelty and missed we would never see him play for us again!😉

• Like 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Lucky we don't have Farke as if Nunez had screwed up that penenka penelty and missed we would never see him play for us again!😉

He didn't miss and that is the difference. Tzolis was a similar one to Snodgrass, ok to take it on - but do that and you'd better not miss or you look a right plumb and deserve all the flak you get.

Tzolis took the ball from Idah for the penalty though, IIRC. It wasn't so much that Tzolis missed, it was that he took it off another player that irritated Farke.

McLean missed his, our first, which should be your strongest taker, does that mean he won't play for us again?

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Tzolis took the ball from Idah for the penalty though, IIRC. It wasn't so much that Tzolis missed, it was that he took it off another player that irritated Farke.

I think its a combination of both, if you take it away from the nominated taker (who would be expected to score) and you miss, you deserve the flak you get.

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

I think its a combination of both, if you take it away from the nominated taker (who would be expected to score) and you miss, you deserve the flak you get.

Fair point, if you take the ball off the designated person, it kinda comes with the territory that you're expected to bury it.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Just like Snodgrass against Cardiff.

23 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Sorensen hasn't looked good enough to start in midfield for us but I expect him to get some gametime at left back, particularly if McCallum is now out.

28 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Even off the back of a good strike, I cant really see what Sorensen offers, other than versatility. I dont mind him filling in and covering a LB position but I dont think he'll ever be good enough to play CM in my opinion. 

38 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

McLean missed his, our first, which should be your strongest taker, does that mean he won't play for us again?

It's called a joke, I know you don't seem to understand those but I'm not exactly being seriouis. I was making a quip about Tzolis

You should know by now not to take anything I say seriously.. Not that you ever have of course 😉

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

31 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Yet you think McLean has?

McLean has regularly proven himself at this level, you ignored my last post citing his 3 goals and 6 assists in the first title win in only 1300 or so minutes. 

Even out of form Lungi hasn't been able to get into midfield ahead of him, under 2 experienced managers and coaching teams. When McLean came on yesterday we were immediately more dynamic in moving the ball through the lines if nothing else, his runs from deep actually opened up space for others. 

Look. You have your opinion on McLean. It's at odds with 2 experienced managers, one of the best in our recent history and a Prem winning first team coach. You're entitled to it.

• Thanks 1

Overall seems poor to have to go to penalties against birmingham having been 2 up. BUT the highlights at least show some decent play and much better opportunities being created. Bit of luck we couldve had 4 or more goals.

Key thing Smith needs to work on appears to be our mental fragility.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Overall seems poor to have to go to penalties against birmingham having been 2 up. BUT the highlights at least show some decent play and much better opportunities being created. Bit of luck we couldve had 4 or more goals.

Key thing Smith needs to work on appears to be our mental fragility.

True, but mental fragility is normal after a season like last year's and when playing a young team.

It's also strengthened by almost squandering a game which you then go on to win on penalties. A few more wins, especially with late winners or a comeback and confidence will start flowing again. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, 1902 said:

True, but mental fragility is normal after a season like last year's and when playing a young team.

It's also strengthened by almost squandering a game which you then go on to win on penalties. A few more wins, especially with late winners or a comeback and confidence will start flowing again. 

Exactly this. The old quote "competition gives honour to our victories" (Honore de Balzac) springs to mind.

Sure, a degree of confidence is restored by a thumping win, but it's in tough situations where mettle and fragility are particularly tested.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 1902 said:

You can say its mental fragility but its also **** poor defending which is something we have seemingly had for three or so seasons now.

'What are they doing in training' has never been more appropriate 

27 minutes ago, hogesar said:

McLean has regularly proven himself at this level, you ignored my last post citing his 3 goals and 6 assists in the first title win in only 1300 or so minutes. 

Even out of form Lungi hasn't been able to get into midfield ahead of him, under 2 experienced managers and coaching teams. When McLean came on yesterday we were immediately more dynamic in moving the ball through the lines if nothing else, his runs from deep actually opened up space for others. 

Look. You have your opinion on McLean. It's at odds with 2 experienced managers, one of the best in our recent history and a Prem winning first team coach. You're entitled to it.

Backhanded way to say you think I'm wrong 😉 

I just don't get your love in for Mclean. Actually,  I think I do. It's controversial. 

26 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You can say its mental fragility but its also **** poor defending which is something we have seemingly had for three or so seasons now.

'What are they doing in training' has never been more appropriate 

They were poor, but there's also signs of miscommunication which happens at the start of the season. The first goal is really just due to a complete misunderstanding in the midfield. Not particularly surprising given its a youngster and a guy back from injury playing.

As for the defending when the ball is lost, again, it's a back line not entirely comfortable with each other, it's normal for a second string side.

I'm not that surprised to see goals like this conceded given the team we put out, the levels of match fitness and the stage of the season.

When it comes to the corner, well if Norwich aren't concerning crap goals from set pieces, are we even Norwich?

5 minutes ago, 1902 said:

They were poor, but there's also signs of miscommunication which happens at the start of the season. The first goal is really just due to a complete misunderstanding in the midfield. Not particularly surprising given its a youngster and a guy back from injury playing.

As for the defending when the ball is lost, again, it's a back line not entirely comfortable with each other, it's normal for a second string side.

I'm not that surprised to see goals like this conceded given the team we put out, the levels of match fitness and the stage of the season.

When it comes to the corner, well if Norwich aren't concerning crap goals from set pieces, are we even Norwich?

It is admittedly well hit but it is a sidefoot shot from outside the penalty area and hardly right into the corner. I think Gunn got his positioning slightly wrong, in that he was up to a yard further back than he should have been.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's called a joke, I know you don't seem to understand those but I'm not exactly being seriouis. I was making a quip about Tzolis

You should know by now not to take anything I say seriously.. Not that you ever have of course 😉

Is that your get out for everything you post on here?! 

Oh I was only joking!

Does that include the allegations of bullying, and people following you around, replying to your multiple threads etc etc. 

12 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

It is admittedly well hit but it is a sidefoot shot from outside the penalty area and hardly right into the corner. I think Gunn got his positioning slightly wrong, in that he was up to a yard further back than he should have been.

Yeah, you are possibly right. 

I was more talking about the slight indecision about whether to back off or close him down and who would cover the winger. There was a hesitancy there, but given the time and space I'm not sure there's much that could be done. 

It's a classic case of one major error in midfield followed by a group of slight errors that cost you. 

40 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I think I do. It's controversial. 

Hoggy controversial - never! 😉 

Although I am worried ive been agreeing with him recently  - Im ambivalent over Mclean though.  

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Is that your get out for everything you post on here?! 

Oh I was only joking!

Does that include the allegations of bullying, and people following you around, replying to your multiple threads etc etc. 

I mean, you do tend to follow me around and it is a bit odd, so much so that other posters have called you out for it. Thats not a joke.

And Whats not a joke is you not asking me out for a meal either. Like I said, I like a nice Indian 😉

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean, you do tend to follow me around and it is a bit odd, so much so that other posters have called you out for it. Thats not a joke.

And Whats not a joke is you not asking me out for a meal either. Like I said, I like a nice Indian 😉

Its almost impossible not to post on a thread you're on. 

Funny how you're selective in your comments as others have offered things too, WHEN you're at Carrow Road, for a first team match. Let me spell it out to you, you NEVER go so we all quite safe! 

I also didn't say I'd take you out for a meal, my actual comment was I'd buy you one. I have no intention of attending, you're boring enough in here! 

So, when do you intend attending a first team match at carrow Road? Others have also called you out for ignoring the question previously. Thats not a joke either. 

Maybe the next round of the Cup, if we get a home tie, and especially if there isn't a stream. Draw is tonight, I'll expect you to start a thread on it.

2 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I just don't get your love in for Mclean. Actually,  I think I do. It's controversial. 

I would play McLean ahead of Sorensen if that was the choice in that role/position. Last night I saw things from Sorensen he simply doesn't do in the middle of the park. If he was braver, and replicated some of what he did last night, when playing in the centre of the pitch, I wouldn't hesitate.

He's still pretty unproven.

2 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

It's not a love in. I just defend him against people on here who have picked him, despite being proven at this level, and I agree with ex pros who say that most fans are incapable of recognising everything McLean does for the team, but managers and players do.

It's also not even slightly controversial. Only against some loud voices in here. At the games, in the lower barclay, McLeans name was sung even last season. People all around me are generally supportive of him.

26 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

So, when do you intend attending a first team match at carrow Road? Others have also called you out for ignoring the question previously. Thats not a joke either. 

What does it actually have to do with you or anyone else for that matter? Why do you even care? And why on earth would he tell anything about himself to someone who comes across as the forum's Norman Bates? 

Following another poster around and hassling him on a daily basis is weird as f*ck and you've been at it for months now. 

Simply click the ignore button on him and move on. It's gone beyond a joke now; not that it was that funny to begin with.

OTBC 

• Like 1