Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

Colchester

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

2nd best team in East Anglia.

I'm not sure the mighty Blue and White's of Peterborough Utd will be happy with that claim.

The Scum managed to lose 15,000 fans since the Bolton game last week. Back to the good old days of 11 to 12,000 gates tonight which saw Colchester win at Scum HQ for the first time since the month and year i was born and i am 71 in a couple of months.

The highlights on Sky are hilarious. Their goal was from a pass that even Ben Gibson would have thought was absolutely Stutter Rap. 

8 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The Scum managed to lose 15,000 fans since the Bolton game last week. Back to the good old days of 11 to 12,000 gates tonight which saw Colchester win at Scum HQ for the first time since the month and year i was born and i am 71 in a couple of months.

There's plenty to laugh about when it comes to 1p5wich but having lower attendances in The EFL Cup seems very desperate. I'd be surprised if any clubs matched their league attendances.

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

There's plenty to laugh about when it comes to 1p5wich but having lower attendances in The EFL Cup seems very desperate. I'd be surprised if any clubs matched their league attendances.

True but we dropped around 7,000 and they by 15,000 Squit and it was a local derby.

Edited by TIL 1010

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

I am sure you are right, ours attendance was down 6500 on Saturday but 15,000 is a hell of a drop for what was something of a local derby.........

7 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I am sure you are right, ours attendance was down 6500 on Saturday but 15,000 is a hell of a drop for what was something of a local derby.........

Our attendance was out of line with normal. The CSF marketing was good as was the pricing structure. Good to see young people enjoying the game. Entertaining football at an affordable price.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, essex canary said:

Our attendance was out of line with normal. The CSF marketing was good as was the pricing structure. Good to see young people enjoying the game. Entertaining football at an affordable price.

I may be wrong - but if the Binners are getting 27,000 in Div 3 I would imagine their “pricing structure” is cheap as ? 

42 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I may be wrong - but if the Binners are getting 27,000 in Div 3 I would imagine their “pricing structure” is cheap as ? 

I would have thought they’ll have to pay people to go soon.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I would have thought they’ll have to pay people to go soon.

They have denied press reports that they are employing stewards to throw people into the ground on match days......

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

That ba5tard roundabout near the uni...

This video makes it look quite serene but I agree, it’s a ****!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

The highlights on Sky are hilarious. Their goal was from a pass that even Ben Gibson would have thought was absolutely Stutter Rap. 

Wow, is that even possible?

Why is it out of line? We're normally amongst the biggest attendances in the early stages of the cup and normally approaching 20,000. Most likely because it's one of very few occasions when families and groups of friends can actually buy tickets together. 

Edited by Mr.Carrow

11 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Why is it out of line? We're normally amongst the biggest attendances in the early stages of the cup and normally approaching 20,000. Most likely because it's one of very few occasions when families and groups of friends can actually buy tickets together. 

Stevenage match 4 years ago was under 12,000. The most recent comparator for the First Round of this competition.

Edited by essex canary

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Stevenage match 4 years ago was under 12,000. The most recent comparator for the First Round of this competition.

Huge difference in pulling power between Stevenage and Birmingham. But 12k against very small opposition is still way better than most clubs. 

Edited by Mr.Carrow