Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Why no option to watch this match?

If its not shown on Canaries TV it usually means broadcast rights elsewhere although I can't see it listed anywhere. The other option is its at club discretion and they wanted people to attend rather than sit at home.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If its not shown on Canaries TV it usually means broadcast rights elsewhere although I can't see it listed anywhere. The other option is its at club discretion and they wanted people to attend rather than sit at home.

If so that’s a dumb premise. They need to understand live entertainment and TV are different.

Even if they were worried about local supporters there’s plenty who live hundreds if not 1000s of miles away.

• Like 1

One thing you won't see much of on Canaries TV this season is football. 

I'm listening on Radio Norfolk. Rubbish game so far.

Living in Cornwall I cannot get the match on Radio Norfolk even though part of my license fee goes to help Radio Norfolk.

Ifollow is no longer an option.

Canaries TV is more of an obstruction to watching it.

There are ways that coverage of our games could be shown at a reasonable price but there is no will to do it.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Living in Cornwall I cannot get the match on Radio Norfolk even though part of my license fee goes to help Radio Norfolk.

There are ways that coverage of our games could be shown at a reasonable price but there is no will to do it.

Not being pedantic KGD, but doesnt your licence fee go to help Radio Cornwall, if any local BBC Radio? 

I do get you point, and it must be frustrating for genuine exiles. 

Quite happy to pop you a text say every 15 minutes to keep you updated* 

* Network coverage permitting / Home League games only - others are a bonus.   

Well, penalty shootout aside, you didn't miss much on Radio Norfolk last night. They spent half their time discussing why Sara's shin pads kept falling out. Thrilling.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think the EFL needs to get its act together over streaming in general. 

I did ifollow last time and thought it was okay, but really was put off by the number of games they weren't showing; if you can't pay to see the lot, you might as well persist with the hooky methods. 

I live in France so there's no way I can get to games, but I absolutely do want to see them and am happy to pay for good quality, reliable service, but not when games are going to be randomly witheld because RMC sport happens to be showing one random game. 

It just amazes me that, with streaming becoming so dominant for entertainment, nobody in football outside the Premier League has cottoned on that going to an exclusive subscriber streaming model could potentially make a lot more money than relying on selling TV rights that most broadcasters aren't really willing to pay much for, but they're completely undermining their own efforts by letting broadcasters cherry pick. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Not being pedantic KGD, but doesnt your licence fee go to help Radio Cornwall, if any local BBC Radio? 

I do get you point, and it must be frustrating for genuine exiles. 

Quite happy to pop you a text say every 15 minutes to keep you updated* 

* Network coverage permitting / Home League games only - others are a bonus.   

Why can I listen to Radio Norfolk but as soon as the football starts, they play music? Its completely stupid. I can hear all the pre game talk but just before the whistle blows bleddy James Last or Mantovani starts up.

Your pedancy is accepted but mustpoint out my contribution to Radio Cornwall is a ferret and two starlings.

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Why can I listen to Radio Norfolk but as soon as the football starts, they play music? Its completely stupid. I can hear all the pre game talk but just before the whistle blows bleddy James Last or Mantovani starts up.

Your pedancy is accepted but mustpoint out my contribution to Radio Cornwall is a ferret and two starlings.

It's not the BBCs fault, it's a rights issue, but is daft I know. 

Are the starlings and ferrets carried on either end of a stick on your shoulder as that's the image I have. 

2 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I think the EFL needs to get its act together over streaming in general. 

I did ifollow last time and thought it was okay, but really was put off by the number of games they weren't showing; if you can't pay to see the lot, you might as well persist with the hooky methods. 

I live in France so there's no way I can get to games, but I absolutely do want to see them and am happy to pay for good quality, reliable service, but not when games are going to be randomly witheld because RMC sport happens to be showing one random game. 

It just amazes me that, with streaming becoming so dominant for entertainment, nobody in football outside the Premier League has cottoned on that going to an exclusive subscriber streaming model could potentially make a lot more money than relying on selling TV rights that most broadcasters aren't really willing to pay much for, but they're completely undermining their own efforts by letting broadcasters cherry pick. 

I used the original ifollow four years ago and it was a fiver. Next season, no ifollow so used a stream. 

We haven't moved on. There is money available to clubs and a satisfactory system that could help the likes of you and me as well as home supporters when we are away.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

It's not the BBCs fault, it's a rights issue, but is daft I know. 

Are the starlings and ferrets carried on either end of a stick on your shoulder as that's the image I have. 

In my donkey jacket

• Haha 1

Having seen the highlights and how well covered by clearly professional camerawork it was I’m even more bemused why this wasn’t available to International Video Pass subscribers.

I feel sorry for anyone who’s paid that money having absolutely no idea when or if they can watch a game. It seems pretty poor.

Sky showed Sheff Wed v Sunderland last night so I guess they have TV rights for the entire competition? Wouldn't NCFC have to buy similar rights? That's feasible for an entire season, not for a cup competition you might get knocked out of 1st round.

I'm still not clear what Canaries TV's offering is in terms of live video.

On 09/08/2022 at 19:39, hogesar said:

Maybe a question for the fans committee to ask at the next meeting @Feedthewolf ?  There were cameras there, a proper production, so why wasn't it available anywhere for those willing to pay for it? 

18 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Only guessing, but I think that Radio Norfolk will only have the rights for Norfolk: national and international rights will be sold separately (and obviously for more money). I used to listen to the radio on the internet quite a lot and live sport often had problems of this nature.

14 minutes ago, Badger said:

Only guessing, but I think that Radio Norfolk will only have the rights for Norfolk: national and international rights will be sold separately (and obviously for more money). I used to listen to the radio on the internet quite a lot and live sport often had problems of this nature.

You are probably right. Strange that international listeners can access but I cannot.

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Sky showed Sheff Wed v Sunderland last night so I guess they have TV rights for the entire competition? Wouldn't NCFC have to buy similar rights? That's feasible for an entire season, not for a cup competition you might get knocked out of 1st round.

I'm still not clear what Canaries TV's offering is in terms of live video.

That possibly makes sense. Do think the club need to be more transparent with what’s not available and why, not a great service for international subscribers so far and you have no idea what you’re actually getting for your money.

I think where this is going is pretty clearly clubs selling individual rights to their own games. Might want to be careful what we wish for - seems like a cast-iron way of the rich getting even richer, to me.

54 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

You are probably right. Strange that international listeners can access but I cannot.

I presume that you can if you pay for it.

15 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Hey, steady on there. I'm a Norfolk Starling who does not want to be donated to C ornwall. plus I live 7,500 miles from there.

40 minutes ago, LaUnionCanary said:

Hey, steady on there. I'm a Norfolk Starling who does not want to be donated to C ornwall. plus I live 7,500 miles from there.

I knew a Starling from Norwich

18 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

The BBC is paid for by the license

Yes, but the BBC don't own the rights to broadcast the match nationally, now do they broadcast it nationally. Somebody will do so, but will require payment, I imagine.

Just now, Badger said:

Yes, but the BBC don't own the rights to broadcast the match nationally, now do they broadcast it nationally. Somebody will do so, but will require payment, I imagine.

So is it the BBC or Radio Norfolk or even NCFC?