chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Birmingham (LC) *****

12 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Jesus wept what is it with you people....

New player from U23, once played a whole 45 min for Wroxham reserves on loan... fans get a whiff of him when watching a training session at the Costa Del Colney

"Look at that bor, putem in tha first team, bor can kicka ball"

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"We have brought in Sara and Hayden to be first choice midfielders but hey, if Gibbs does ok against Birmingham B team in a pointless cup match he can become first choice!"😂

Gibbs is a defensive midfielder so he will be competing with Sorensen and Hayden for a place. 1 position for 3 players.

Hayden is out for about 4 more weeks. So 1 position for 2 players. 

So I don’t think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that Gibbs could be first choice for our next league game if he plays well tonight? Not sure why the need to mock a pretty fair comment…

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"We have brought in Sara and Hayden to be first choice midfielders but hey, if Gibbs does ok against Birmingham B team in a pointless cup match he can become first choice!"😂

Also we spent £9 mil on Tzolis only for him to be behind Rowe and Springett by the end of the season…

I predict Hugill will do nothing for 70mins. Smith will bring Sargent on to replace him as a “told you Sargent was better” FU to us lot on here, only for Sargent to trip over his own legs and miss a one-yard sitter in the 89th. 

Birmingham to win 1-0, Super Sorenson OG. 

Edited by mrdi
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Gibbs is a defensive midfielder so he will be competing with Sorensen and Hayden for a place. 1 position for 3 players.

So I don’t think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that Gibbs could be first choice for our next league game if he plays well tonight? Not sure why the need to mock a pretty fair comment…

Add that to Gibbs fairly decent pre season then it's a very fair comment. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

image.png.78515599ec6497d323feade1f2a96bba.png

The bible of all knowledge worth knowing about football (aka FM says your wrong)

Just now, Nexus_Canary said:

image.png.78515599ec6497d323feade1f2a96bba.png

The bible of all knowledge worth knowing about football (aka FM says your wrong)

Ah yes let’s use football manager as a basis rather than the actual position he played during all of pre season…

I see Colchester are playing some local team also tonight. Maybe both of us will meet in the next round.

Not sure Gibbs is a defensive midfielder. I think he might have just looked better than Soresnen when he replaced him in a pre season game.

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Ah yes let’s use football manager as a basis rather than the actual position he played during all of pre season…

Yeh but Dean Smith put him there so that means nothing about tactical knowledge. 
Besides according to our fan base Lungi can play any position on the field so I go with FM all day.

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

To be fair they use researchers for specific clubs. That will be based on where he's played un u23s games.

Just now, KiwiScot said:

I see Colchester are playing some local team also tonight. Maybe both of us will meet in the next round.

Would be nice to play Colchester again.

Just now, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

That's the only option I'm seeing??

So you bought the international video package and only have audio? I’d be fuming personally as there’s no reason for this not to be available to you by the rules they set out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Would be nice to play Colchester again.

Agreed. By my reckoning we still have an aggregate deficit to pay back from the 2009-10 season. 

5 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

image.png.11c924c40e6eb5bc4f1e593123738334.png

Well F**k Me.... guess everyone is right 

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

So you bought the international video package and only have audio? I’d be fuming personally as there’s no reason for this not to be available to you by the rules they set out.

Yeah ... it's my impression it's not being televised at all anywhere?

2 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Yeah ... it's my impression it's not being televised at all anywhere?

Nope, there’d be streams available if so 😂 

2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Not sure Gibbs is a defensive midfielder. I think he might have just looked better than Soresnen when he replaced him in a pre season game.

I stand corrected if that is right - sorry @Nexus_Canary

I still think the original comment is valid though, Gibbs could certainly find himself playing fairly regular first team footy if he plays well tonight as I can quite easily see him being picked over Sorensen. Then when Hayden comes in who knows? We know that Farke stuck with players performing well no matter their prior rank in the team.

Also if he isn’t a CDM cover option then we are quite light in that area of the pitch!

Rangers are playing in Europe if yous can't watch this game and need to watch something. They need to overturn a 2 goal aggregrate. Should be a laugh.

Could this game end with penalties - really hope not cannot bare the strain

Edited by baldy09

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I stand corrected if that is right - sorry @Nexus_Canary

I still think the original comment is valid though, Gibbs could certainly find himself playing fairly regular first team footy if he plays well tonight as I can quite easily see him being picked over Sorensen. Then when Hayden comes in who knows? We know that Farke stuck with players performing well no matter their prior rank in the team.

Also if he isn’t a CDM cover option then we are quite light in that area of the pitch!

No worries, have some binner mates who rated Gibbs (lol) so know hes a attacking minded mid.
Just pulling a few legs so dont really take me too seriously.

I just always find it hilarious how the fans pick a folk hero based on nothing. Someone (forgot who) best put it last year on these forums. The more some people play the "worse" they get while those with zero game time become the "saviours".
Rowe and Andy O was going to keep us up on their own last year if you asked some fans and dont get me started on "Mr all positions" Lungi. 😄 

Again just taking the pi$$ dont take me too seriously, certainly dont mean to offend. 

2 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Rangers are playing in Europe if yous can't watch this game and need to watch something. They need to overturn a 2 goal aggregrate. Should be a laugh.

Only if they lose.

18 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Is there anyone at the game who can see if there are even any cameramen there?