Sign in to follow this  
benchwarmer

Milk Cup Final 1985

15 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

joining Greavsy in trying to instigate a pile on did it. 

No instigation of anything from here. 

YOU posted it, then, as I've posted before needed to be told by at least two posters before accepting it was "probably was a bit clumsily written and in poor taste" 

I've just removed my quote so as not to add to it. 

Hope thats OK with you? 

Edited by Greavsy

17 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

YOU posted it, then, as I've posted before needed to be told by at least two posters before accepting it was "probably was a bit clumsily written and in poor taste" 

All within an hour! An acceptable time range for some light reflection and a retraction I feel.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

All within an hour! An acceptable time range for some light reflection and a retraction I feel.

Probably....... ☺ 

7 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Probably....... ☺ 

I've deleted my poor taste post. 

If it were about the 1925 incident it might have been amusing, but I'd not considered that his mates/any siblings are probably only in their early 60s like many posters on here. Fair play, I simply got that one a bit wrong.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I wonder whether Pete Raven or somebody else from Archant could actually search their archives (assuming digitalised) to answer this question and determine whether its a myth or fact.

I’ll have a look. I remember being told similar when growing up.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I've deleted my poor taste post. 

If it were about the 1925 incident it might have been amusing, but I'd not considered that his mates/any siblings are probably only in their early 60s like many posters on here. I got that one a bit wrong.

Respect for that, got there eventually. 

Just a pointy of order, I was out to work in 1985, and am, nearer 50 than 60! 😊 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I wonder whether Pete Raven or somebody else from Archant could actually search their archives (assuming digitalised) to answer this question and determine whether its a myth or fact.

The incident 100% happened.

David Sadler, 24 years old of Caister, was the victim.  I believe that a collection for his family was taken at a subsequent home match. The incident happened on the Norwich > Kings Cross line with the body being discovered at Finsbury Pk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, NewNestCarrow said:

The incident 100% happened.

David Sadler, 24 years old of Caister, was the victim.  I believe that a collection for his family was taken at a subsequent home match. The incident happened on the Norwich > Kings Cross line with the body being discovered at Finsbury Pk

RIP David, you'll always be one of us.  OTBC.