RobertRosariosBeefTomatoes

Would you be upset to lose Rashica?

Wow. That was an abject performance from Rashica. He touched the ball 41 times of which 25 were attempted passes and 2 (unsuccessful) crosses. He only completed 12 successful passes and lost possession an incredible 17 times.

Worst of all he had numerous opportunities to create openings for other players but never once completed the final pass; even when intercepting the ball on the edge of the Bournemouth box he took a heavy touch which went out of play.

You could say he's low on confidence; I say he's low on ability. Particularly he lacks the intelligence and awareness to spot runs and exploit overloads.

I'll say it again: he's the worst signing in the club's history in terms of the money and minutes wasted. Hopefully he'll remain peripheral to the first team because I'm convinced that the more first team minutes he plays, the worse the team will fare this season. 

Edited by Petriix

As said on Twitter:

If we can get 5 bob, a quarter of liquorice torpedoes and a half-eaten satsuma for Rashica before the window shuts, I’d ****ing take it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I think we’d all be happy to see him go If the price was good, the question is where do people feel that price is?

Before the season started I felt like we might be able to hold on for £13/15m, now I’m thinking we’d do well to get £7m..

Packet of Skittles is a decent fee for him I reckon 

just get him out of the club asap, terrible signing and plays with no heart or desire what so ever. 

Rowe etc deserve his spot in the team

On 09/08/2022 at 09:25, RobertRosariosBeefTomatoes said:

It was commented several times on Saturday that Farke had a team watching Rashica on Saturday. Probably explained why Rashica was closer to a 6/10 performance than the usual 4. I fail to see what he actually brings to the team, especially in comparison to the threat posed by Hernandez on the opposite wing. I'd personally bite their hand off but would anyone be sad to see him go?

Rashica isn't good enough for us, some good stuff but he couldn't cross a ball if his life depended on it

21 hours ago, Petriix said:

Wow. That was an abject performance from Rashica. He touched the ball 41 times of which 25 were attempted passes and 2 (unsuccessful) crosses. He only completed 12 successful passes and lost possession an incredible 17 times.

Worst of all he had numerous opportunities to create openings for other players but never once completed the final pass; even when intercepting the ball on the edge of the Bournemouth box he took a heavy touch which went out of play.

You could say he's low on confidence; I say he's low on ability. Particularly he lacks the intelligence and awareness to spot runs and exploit overloads.

I'll say it again: he's the worst signing in the club's history in terms of the money and minutes wasted. Hopefully he'll remain peripheral to the first team because I'm convinced that the more first team minutes he plays, the worse the team will fare this season. 

I don't buy that he isn't good enough overall but for some reason it just doesn't work for certain players at certain clubs and I don't see it happening for him here. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go back to Germany and have a solid career in the mid-to-lower end of the Bundesliga but it just seems destined to never be here.

The thing that is noticeable with him is that he seldom gets a clean cross in, often they're straight at the defender. Don't know if it's because he dithers, there's no one to aim at or a bit of both, but it's not working at the moment.

If we do get rid then we'll definitely need a replacement as without it's starting to get a bit bare bones in wide positions.

He's either sh*t or he hates it so much here that he can't bring himself to even try to look like a footballer.

Either way, lets cut our losses. 

If we can get £3m for him then flog him and take a punt on whichever winger people are getting excited by in League One at the minute. 

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The thing that is noticeable with him is that he seldom gets a clean cross in

His shots as well are always weak and straight at the keeper, doesn't seem to be able to place a shot.

Its like he didn't do the whole "aim for the corners thing" that 11 year olds get told to do. 

LMAO...

and this was the guy everyone was getting fizzy pants over last year and who if he left it would be the end of the club.

hilarious.

I do think there might be a player in there, but I don't see it ever happening here. 

There's not even the odd game where you think 'yeah more of that please' 

I reckon Dean Smith is giving him a shot at this season early doors, but the patience with him surely won't go much further. 

If someone came in now with a bid that would see us recoup what we paid, then obviously we'd snap their hand off. 

Edited by Chelm Canary

46 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The thing that is noticeable with him is that he seldom gets a clean cross in, often they're straight at the defender. Don't know if it's because he dithers, there's no one to aim at or a bit of both, but it's not working at the moment.

If we do get rid then we'll definitely need a replacement as without it's starting to get a bit bare bones in wide positions.

I said last night to my mate, who came to Carra for the first time, Rasicha rarely gets a decent cross in, he seems to just give up trying to beat the man and tries to cross through him. Same with shots. So many shots/crosses just hitting the man standing in front of him. I saw exactly the same attitude with Danny Mills when his head started to get turned by his own hype.

49 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

One of his 12 'accurate passes' was when he had the ball in a dangerous area on the right. Cantwell had a yard on his man and was bursting into the box. All Rashica had to do was gently slip the ball into Cantwell's path and he would have had a clear opening. Instead he blasted the ball straight at Cantwell on the edge of the box and possession was lost. 

He lacks vision and intelligence. It's like he only knows one way of playing and can't comprehend adapting to the movement around him. I play with several amateurs just like this on a regular basis. All they want to do is dribble, shoot or cross; they'll never play a simple pass or a through ball and they'll never spot decent movement off the ball. 

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

I play with several amateurs just like this on a regular basis. All they want to do is dribble, shoot or cross; they'll never play a simple pass or a through ball and they'll never spot decent movement off the ball. 

… are you secretly Teemu?!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Could always bring Josh Martin back into the fold.

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Could always bring Josh Martin back into the fold.

Can we though? Even at Christmas? I'm not so sure. 

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Can we though? Even at Christmas? I'm not so sure. 

Dont think that Josh has gone anywhere yet? Although if we were to get rid of Rashica (which I think we should) I dont see Josh being what we require. We've already got tricky but slow wide players (Sinani, Cantwell and maybe Dowell), what we need is a pacy winger who can actually just beat his man once then pass or shoot (ie an upgraded Hernandez!!)

16 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Dont think that Josh has gone anywhere yet? Although if we were to get rid of Rashica (which I think we should) I dont see Josh being what we require. We've already got tricky but slow wide players (Sinani, Cantwell and maybe Dowell), what we need is a pacy winger who can actually just beat his man once then pass or shoot (ie an upgraded Hernandez!!)

Isn't there a guy called Placeta somewhere who is supposedly like that?

16 minutes ago, LaUnionCanary said:

Isn't there a guy called Placeta somewhere who is supposedly like that?

Yeah apart from the beat his man part.

18 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yeah apart from the beat his man part.

And the passing and shooting part too.

• Like 1