RobertRosariosBeefTomatoes

Would you be upset to lose Rashica?

Unless I’ve missed something he has had 2 games for us in the championship in a team finding it’s way and trying to regain confidence. I think we have to give him a while in a settled side to see if he can realise his potential.

There we’re some good signs tonight, Sara looked to have a real engine to get box to box, gibbs oozed class, Dowell and Sinani always seemed to have time on the ball. Even Hudgil looked pretty sharp and like he had lost some timber. 

I feel like we need to get that first league win under our belts asap and this team and squad might start to take place. Rashica will be a weapon at this level. 

Never shown anything to suggest he's worth even close to what we paid for him. If we can get our money back on him I'd probably be okay with him leaving. Cantwell seems a better fit at LW. I'd like us to reinvest the money in an actual RW though please!

40 minutes ago, Big O said:

Unless I’ve missed something he has had 2 games for us in the championship in a team finding it’s way and trying to regain confidence. I think we have to give him a while in a settled side to see if he can realise his potential.

There we’re some good signs tonight, Sara looked to have a real engine to get box to box, gibbs oozed class, Dowell and Sinani always seemed to have time on the ball. Even Hudgil looked pretty sharp and like he had lost some timber. 

I feel like we need to get that first league win under our belts asap and this team and squad might start to take place. Rashica will be a weapon at this level. 

It just feels exponentially less likely to get that win with Rashica in the starting 11. I'm not sure what you're basing your assumption on, but there's been no evidence yet that he'll be a 'weapon'.

It's pretty funny that we signed 30m worth of attackers last summer and 12 months later our best options could quite well be a player that was here all along in Cantwell and a million euro punt signed from F91 Dudelange in Luxemburg. I'd imagine we'll get more from Pukki with the latter too.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Petriix said:

It just feels exponentially less likely to get that win with Rashica in the starting 11. I'm not sure what you're basing your assumption on, but there's been no evidence yet that he'll be a 'weapon'.

Dangerous I know, but if you look at videos of when he was in the bundesliga he thrives on getting the ball early, using his pace and being direct. I believe he gives us that option and hopefully now with Nunez (and maybe Sara) we have the ability to play that type of ball for him. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Big O said:

Dangerous I know, but if you look at videos of when he was in the bundesliga he thrives on getting the ball early, using his pace and being direct. I believe he gives us that option and hopefully now with Nunez (and maybe Sara) we have the ability to play that type of ball for him. 

Agree with this, him and Hugill were bought in to get us different sorts of goals, opposed to relying on the Pukki thread through ball.

8 hours ago, Big O said:

What pace? We’ve had him for a year and there’s been little to no evidence that he could outpace me, let alone a PL/Champs defender.  In all honesty we’ve also seen precious little of any trickery, crossing or shots.  If someone comes in for him I’d let him go, otherwise I just hope he does have more in his locker than we have seen so far.

18 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

More’s the question - will Rashica come good this season?

Because I doubt anyone is going to come in for him.

Hope so, he made the pass to Max for our goal, and created two clean chances if he gets an assist every other game, he will have had a good season.

• Like 1

On 09/08/2022 at 14:57, unique said:

I have just read the shocking statistic that of 24 attempted crosses against Wigan, only two were successful, and neither of those two came from Rashica. His contribution was minimal.

It’s bad enough that few of our players can shoot straight. If they can’t even cross a f’king football, then our likelihood of scoring goals has diminished ever further.

his crosses are always low, barely ever beating the first man

22 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Bumping this. Just want to see what people think now those two games are over. 

We look a far better team without him, I think he'll get limited minutes from now on so he'll have to really good in that time , to force his way back in.,,

• Like 2

Still early days. A lot depends on his desire to do well. Sinani has the bit between his teeth at the moment. 

It could be a challenge for him to be at a club where he now has to fight for his place. I hope he stays.

Watching Hernandez last night, he is more of a nuisance to the opposition than Rashica, so tenacious in close tussles trying to win the ball back or hold on to it in tight areas.  Would love to see Rashica really at his best, but at the moment, Hernandez is catching the eye much more.

I would assume he will play tonight. If so it’s a big test for him can he respond in the right way to being dropped.

38 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Seeing the transformation of Sargent over the last few games makes me want to not write off Milot too soon. I hope he stays. 

When the transfer window slams shut, and if Milo is still here, he will need to get his head down. 

I'm more confident that Smith will get something out of him than Farke would have done. We've seen a resurgent Sargent, Cantwell and Hernandez, plus Gibbs and Nunez have settled quickly. Rashica can do likewise, if he wants to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

When the transfer window slams shut, and if Milo is still here, he will need to get his head down. 

I'm more confident that Smith will get something out of him than Farke would have done. We've seen a resurgent Sargent, Cantwell and Hernandez, plus Gibbs and Nunez have settled quickly. Rashica can do likewise, if he wants to.

The window slamming shut might be what he needs, like Cantwell and Buendia two years ago. 

• Like 1

On 09/08/2022 at 09:34, Petriix said:

I'd be ecstatic to lose Rashica. He's right up there with Naismith and RVW as the biggest wastes of money the club has ever signed. I genuinely believe we'd have finished on higher points if we'd kept Josh Martin in the team last season.

The biggest problem is that he doesn't seem to understand how to play incisive passes in the attacking 3rd - it's always head down and run into the channels then look for a cross. After a full season of training and playing with Pukki you'd have thought he'd have started to understand his movement, but he looks as clueless as day 1.

Harsh, though not entirely unfair. He looks disillusioned and disinterested.

I think as @Petriix implies, the question is rather mis-phrased. Perhaps better would be:

’Would you notice if Norwich sold Rashica?’

Parma 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
  • Like 1

On tonight's evidence, I'd suggest that we'd be better off shipping him off to anyone who will take him. His first touch, final ball and decision making are way below the standard required to be a Championship level footballer. He's League One at best.

You could send him back to Werder Bremen but he'd be back up the Yare in a dinghy within a week. 

45 minutes ago, Petriix said:

On tonight's evidence, I'd suggest that we'd be better off shipping him off to anyone who will take him. His first touch, final ball and decision making are way below the standard required to be a Championship level footballer. He's League One at best.

League one or Bundesliga?!

I think we’d all be happy to see him go If the price was good, the question is where do people feel that price is?

Before the season started I felt like we might be able to hold on for £13/15m, now I’m thinking we’d do well to get £7m..

Get rid in every match watched this season been disinterested and totally ineffective.. thought he would have been a real weapon but totally looks like on beach And watch their equaliser tonight he just jogging back .. woeful waste of money … 

1 hour ago, Wirecanary said:

Get rid in every match watched this season been disinterested and totally ineffective.. thought he would have been a real weapon but totally looks like on beach And watch their equaliser tonight he just jogging back .. woeful waste of money … 

Entirely agree.

Expected him to be much more effective in the Championship but he's offered absolutely nothing.