RobertRosariosBeefTomatoes

Would you be upset to lose Rashica?

It was commented several times on Saturday that Farke had a team watching Rashica on Saturday. Probably explained why Rashica was closer to a 6/10 performance than the usual 4. I fail to see what he actually brings to the team, especially in comparison to the threat posed by Hernandez on the opposite wing. I'd personally bite their hand off but would anyone be sad to see him go?

Not really, which is rather sad given I was hyped when we bought him and there's no doubt in my mind that if he plays to his best he's one of the best wingers in the championship.. Hes just not playing at his best right now however

4 minutes ago, RobertRosariosBeefTomatoes said:

I fail to see what he actually brings to the team, especially in comparison to the threat posed by Hernandez on the opposite wing.

Our only assist this season.

0 assists in Onels last 24 Norwich City appearances.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be disappointed to lose him, providing we got our money back. However I think he is one of many of our players suffering from lack of confidence where I'm sure we will see new / reinvigorated players after a few wins. 

I'd be ecstatic to lose Rashica. He's right up there with Naismith and RVW as the biggest wastes of money the club has ever signed. I genuinely believe we'd have finished on higher points if we'd kept Josh Martin in the team last season.

The biggest problem is that he doesn't seem to understand how to play incisive passes in the attacking 3rd - it's always head down and run into the channels then look for a cross. After a full season of training and playing with Pukki you'd have thought he'd have started to understand his movement, but he looks as clueless as day 1.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jaberry2 said:

I wouldn't be disappointed to lose him, providing we got our money back. However I think he is one of many of our players suffering from lack of confidence where I'm sure we will see new / reinvigorated players after a few wins. 

I would be amazed if we got our money back on him , he's only showed the very occasional glimpse of quality , his crossing Saturday was woeful.🤔

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Our only assist this season.

0 assists in Onels last 24 Norwich City appearances.

I think onel will improve once given a run in the side😄

How much would we get for him do we think, maybe £7 / 8m? Trouble is with each passing championship game his value must be dropping... 

I would gladly take that amount on the basis we could reinvest it all this window. 

Can we also throw in Josh Sargent for an extra £5m as part of the deal?

Although we probably spent £18m on these players the prospect of recouping £12 / 13m for them to spend in the championship feels like a win. Then again my estimates for both players could be super hopeful. 😄 

Presumably Farke had a say in his recruitment last year, so hopefully there's something in the reported interest from BMG. On current form, he won't be missed at all.

Before the season started, I was keen for us to hold onto him, assuming that he would be too good for the Chumps. This assumption was based upon that (brief) spell of quite exciting form he had had last season.

So far it's been the same old though (perhaps it's unfair to include pre-season, but I have) and his impact has not been that of a player who cost so much. He was better on Saturday, but hardly tore up any trees.

Anything over £5m would be of more use to Smith, imo. 

Major disappointment.

Only if we got all/near all our money back.

If we keep him there is a lot more to come from him. But can we unlock it? Hopefully we can get him back to his form of a couple of seasons ago.

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

Presumably Farke had a say in his recruitment last year, so hopefully there's something in the reported interest from BMG. On current form, he won't be missed at all.

Dean Smith wanted Rashica at Villa as well.

The blokes just been a big let down.

Probably still one of our two best wingers though so wouldn't see me celebrating if we lose him. People thinking that the likes of Onel and Sinani are starters in a promotion chasing side have lost the plot, Onel was never a regular starter even in that first Farke promotion season where he contributed goals and assists, chaps a professional impact sub,

• Like 2

I would be disappointed, although if we bring someone more effective then fair enough.  If the lad from Villa is the replacement.  Rashica got the assist on Saturday.

It’s a no for me.  He’s not done a huge amount wrong but very little that’s particularly ‘right’ either, a 5/10 player when we want 7+.  For a winger to have such little pace and trickery is odd, I just don’t think he suits English football.  I’d happily be proven wrong though.

Re transfer fees, what we paid is largely irrelevant, it’s a sunk cost.  For the here and now, recovering anything above 50% would be a result and allow a spot of reinvestment. 

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 2

I think he is a good player and could do really well but I don't think he wants to be here so is performing sub par.
No I wouldn't miss him, where are all the people wetting their pants about him leaving all summer?  Did they actually watch the game on Sky and realise hes pony?

Wouldn't bother me really. I've felt quite let down by the signings we made last season and I can't work out why or how Farke thought Rashica would fit into his Norwich side. Never plays to the strength of our best goal scorer and also never looks like scoring when getting into good positions. So it'd be ok by me. Would we have time in this window to reinvest? I don't know. Might already be something on the cards 

• Like 1

I mean, I think he can only improve, but I don't think it'll happen against teams like Cardiff week in week out. He probably doesn't fancy the constant physicality of the Championship. He's better suited in the German Leagues

I'm joining in with the overall opinion that I wouldn't be upset. He just isn't on Pukki's wavelength.

If Pukki left and we went to a more direct style with a big guy upfront, I'd reconsider. I think that would suit Rashica much better.

Note: I don't want the big guy option at all.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

People thinking that the likes of Onel and Sinani are starters in a promotion chasing side have lost the plot,

Totally agree on Onel, and Sinani obviously has a lot to prove here, but he was literally a starter in a promotion-chasing side last season, wasn't he?

1 hour ago, RobertRosariosBeefTomatoes said:

It was commented several times on Saturday that Farke had a team watching Rashica on Saturday. Probably explained why Rashica was closer to a 6/10 performance than the usual 4. I fail to see what he actually brings to the team, especially in comparison to the threat posed by Hernandez on the opposite wing. I'd personally bite their hand off but would anyone be sad to see him go?

Rashica 6/10 on Saturday? You must have been watching a completely different game to me. Totally anonymous. 4/10 at best for bringing his boots and shin pads

I was another one who thought he would be a great signing for us, and before he got injured him and Normann were both doing quite well. As it stands I still believe he can improve and so would be sad to see him go, but if he's still underperforming after 10 Championship starts I think I would prefer to say goodbye

i would sell he or any of webbers signings last season for anywhere near the money we paid 

there must be players that perform better than Sargent & Rashica within our Budget 

1 hour ago, RobertRosariosBeefTomatoes said:

There's not too many players in this side I'd be sad to see leave.

Rashica is hardly putting in the performances to warrant a bigger/better side wanting him.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be sorry to see him go. A swap deal for Farke would be ideal. I'd do that as a straight swap, no consideration needed, however I don't think BMG would sit for that somehow.

I thought he'd smash the championship but it appears that's not going to happen. 

Money could be better spent elsewhere. Can we ship Gibson out whilst we're at it. More error prone than Bassong, and at least Seb was entertaining to watch when he'd do his customary Messi like dribble from the edge of his own box  once a fortnight. Gibson is an absolute liability at this point.

Edited by kick it off

43 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i would sell he or any of webbers signings last season for anywhere near the money we paid 

there must be players that perform better than Sargent & Rashica within our Budget 

I honestly think the only one who I thought did OK considering he wasn't played in his natural position was Lees-Melou, he's an attacking midfielder who was asked to play deeper and he always worked hard and tried to get stuck in, that's probably the reason he's the only one we had a serious buyer for. A bit depressing being a Norwich fan at the minute.