Sign in to follow this  
kenfoggo

Birmingham Tuesday (at home).

I am hoping that both teams will be taking this fixture seriously and so put out their strongest sides and not use the game as an opportunity to blood second string players to give them pitch minutes. Smith needs to get his best team to play as a team and not 11 individuals who met in the pub car park ten minutes before kick off. The team does need match time to “gel” (as the “gellers” keep telling us). Also looking forward to seeing John Ruddy and Placheta turn out in blue against their old club.  Not sure how Norwich view this fixture, a distraction from the main task of trying to achieve something in the Championship, or an opportunity for a lucrative cup run?

2 hours ago, kenfoggo said:

I am hoping that both teams will be taking this fixture seriously and so put out their strongest sides and not use the game as an opportunity to blood second string players to give them pitch minutes. Smith needs to get his best team to play as a team and not 11 individuals who met in the pub car park ten minutes before kick off. The team does need match time to “gel” (as the “gellers” keep telling us). Also looking forward to seeing John Ruddy and Placheta turn out in blue against their old club.  Not sure how Norwich view this fixture, a distraction from the main task of trying to achieve something in the Championship, or an opportunity for a lucrative cup run?

Given that Smith said there will be wholesale changes to the team, in the press conference this morning, I suspect we're not that bothered. He did say Sara would be starting though 👍

• Like 1

Wigan last Saturday with Hull this Saturday followed by Huddersfield next Tuesday and Millwall just 3 days lateron Friday week and with  Birmingham tomorrow as well making 5 games in 13 days i think you need to get real that this cup game will be taken seriously.

12 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Given that Smith said there will be wholesale changes to the team, in the press conference this morning, I suspect we're not that bothered. He did say Sara would be starting though 👍

This. I for one am very much looking forward to hopefully seeing Sara get 90 minutes and for him to bully Birminghams B team

18 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

looking forward to hopefully seeing Sara get 90 minutes

You going to this one? 

• Haha 1

I expect. being the first match under the lights, there will be a light show pre kick off. 

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I expect. being the first match under the lights, there will be a light show pre kick off. 

Which will probably be the highlight of the evening.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

You going to this one? 

He will be watching from his usual spot Greavsy.

FUNNY BABY ON LAPTOP animated gif

45 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Probably won't be 11 changes but I'd expect to see Gunn, mcallum, Gibbs, dowell, sinani, Hernandez, Sara, hugill 

16 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

As sunset isn’t till approximately 8.30 wouldn’t think it will be very impressive at around 7.30

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Til and Greavsy at it again.. Get a room!

im too clever for your attempted deflection tactics! 

19 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

You going to this one? 

Are you going? 

1 minute ago, daly said:

As sunset isn’t till approximately 8.30 wouldn’t think it will be very impressive at around 7.30

Good point - my bad! 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Good point - my bad! 

Perhaps if we score a goal or two in the second half they could hit the disco button on the lights!

• Haha 1

Just now, Satriales said:

Perhaps if we score a goal or two in the second half they could hit the disco button on the lights!

Wont hold my breath! 

9 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Are we predicting the XI? I'll take a stab assuming a 4-3-3 I guess ...

Gunn

???-Hanley-Tomkinson-McCallum

Sorensen-Gibbs-Sara

Hernandez-Hugill-Sinani

Might need to wrap McCallum up in cotton wool now.

4 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

Placheta won't play as he can't play against his parent club.😄

Oops! My bad , I thought we had flogged Placheta rather than just loaned him out to Birmingham. Senior moment.

1 minute ago, kenfoggo said:

Oops! My bad , I thought we had flogged Placheta rather than just loaned him out to Birmingham. Senior moment.

Or wishful thinking! 

9 hours ago, Satriales said:

Just been to an Aussie Rules match in the Marvel Stadium in Melbourne; they push the button on the disco lights after every 6 point goal, it did feel like a night club especially as the roof was closed.

• Like 2

Ok, it seems that some sort of cobbled together second choice team will be presented to the supporters as entertainment for the Birmingham game as Smith says there will be many changes. (Even the fans seem to be more interested in the “light show” than the Cup match.) I expect Birmingham to turn up with a determined mind set to take the game to the home side and be winners. 

Congested fixture list, of course it's going to be a largely second-string line-up. Might as well put match time in everyone's legs. Might as well put the youth full-backs on.

53 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Congested fixture list, of course it's going to be a largely second-string line-up. Might as well put match time in everyone's legs. Might as well put the youth full-backs on.

Why “of course”? Either this is a serious fixture that warrants putting out the best squad players that you can or you do not think it is worthwhile and in only the third fixture of the season you feel you need to rest and protect your professional athletes. Would have thought it was important to get as many minutes for your first team on the pitch together to develop team understanding and teamwork, otherwise we will continue rotating players through the match day team with no opportunity  to “gel”. Otherwise you may as well field your entire under 23 team to “put match time in everyone’s legs”.  Never mind, it gives Smith plenty of scope for even more excuses. 

5 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Why “of course”? Either this is a serious fixture that warrants putting out the best squad players that you can or you do not think it is worthwhile and in only the third fixture of the season you feel you need to rest and protect your professional athletes. Would have thought it was important to get as many minutes for your first team on the pitch together to develop team understanding and teamwork, otherwise we will continue rotating players through the match day team with no opportunity  to “gel”. Otherwise you may as well field your entire under 23 team to “put match time in everyone’s legs”.  Never mind, it gives Smith plenty of scope for even more excuses. 

We played on Saturday. We have, after this match, Hull, Huddersfield, and Millwall in six days. It does not matter how fit you are, you will not be able to maintain top levels of physical performance over all five of those matches. And as the Championship readily proves, even when you're slightly off your game, you can get tripped up.

That is precisely why you have a squad of players (indeed our squad is quite large, hence why we went on some trimming when selling the likes of Adshead and Bushiri, and getting good loans in for the likes of Tzolis and Placheta) and precisely why you rotate. 

Then chuck in the new signings angle. Sara should be getting his debut tonight. Suspect Ramsey will too. They're not going to "gel" - or indeed get match fit - if they don't play. 

Looks like there's no stream on TV for this one. No international coverage. Audio passes for radio norfolk commentary available on club site for £2.50

23 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

Placheta won't play as he can't play against his parent club.😄

I believe this is at our discretion when it comes to cup games. But I hope he can't play as you just know he'd f*cking score.