Sign in to follow this  
Sifive

Sam McCallum

Seemed a nasty one for Giannoulis out for 8 weeks 

McCallum looked the part when he came on. defended well and supported going forwards. decent delivery on him as well. 

I was impressed with him 

Edited by Sifive

Agreed, looked better than Giannoulis did, and I say that as a big fan of Dimi. Can see a run of games being good for him as well, should gel nicely with Rashica/Hernandez on that left side. 

I agree he did look good when he came on but this was in a period when we were dominant, looking forward to see how he does.

He's supposed to have a long throw in his locker. Let's see it. Gotta admit, 8 weeks seems a bit lucky for Giannoulis if that is the forecast. Thought that was going to be six months, so let's hope there are no complications as heavy-duty ankle injuries can lead to other problems if not properly handled first time.*

*speaks from painful, hip flexor and IT-band related experience from not getting weak ankle ligaments seen to for 10+ years....

Edited by TheGunnShow

McCallum looked pretty poor during pre season and often gave away the ball leading to the oppoennts getting on the break and almost scoring against us, so I guess now is his time to come in and prove me wrong. Still think he has a lot of potential though, he is young after all

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

McCallum looked pretty poor during pre season and often gave away the ball leading to the oppoennts getting on the break and almost scoring against us, so I guess now is his time to come in and prove me wrong. Still think he has a lot of potential though, he is young after all

Yep I would agree. Looked poor in pre season but hopefully that was just rustiness. Saying that Dimi's crossed in pre season were so poor, I dont think you could actually do any worse.

Edited by jaberry2

I think Dimi and McCallum are much of a muchness. Both seem to have the same strengths and weaknesses. 

I thought Dimi was having a decent game,   but fair play to mccallum he also impressed when came on. 

A real chance for McCallum to show what he can do over a run of games - I hope he really take his opportunity well and shows us why he was so beloved at loftus road

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I must of been looking at a different player, because I thought he was playing really well pre season 🤔

2 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Believe Sam McCallum is pretty injury prone himself. At least Sorensen will still get some gametime.

He had an injury last season... Not sure he is injury prone. Not been injured previously had he?