Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

Lungi folk hero

3 hours ago, Petriix said:

Or a rich man's Billy Gilmour? 

Hmmmm, cheap and cheerful version of awesome player or expensive version of disappointing player? That needs some thought. 

6 minutes ago, South Sider said:

he scored a good goal sure

but having watched him its clear he just is not very good at football

I don’t think a player who’s played at every international level up to and including U21 for Denmark, can be described as ‘not very good at football.’

Wrong place, wrong time, more likely. No sugar coating it, the move to Norwich has been a very poor career move to date. He’s basically stagnated and not progressed for 2 years. As a club with an ethos of promoting and developing youth, that’s very disappointing. At the very least, he should’ve had a season on loan in League One, or similar. I’m sure there would’ve been plenty of suitors.

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I don’t think a player who’s played at every international level up to and including U21 for Denmark, can be described as ‘not very good at football.’

Wrong place, wrong time, more likely. No sugar coating it, the move to Norwich has been a very poor career move to date. He’s basically stagnated and not progressed for 2 years. As a club with an ethos of promoting and developing youth, that’s very disappointing. At the very least, he should’ve had a season on loan in League One, or similar. I’m sure there would’ve been plenty of suitors.

Yeah, I doubt he came here to go out on loan in league one though. 

1 hour ago, South Sider said:

He's good enough to be a pro footballer. Sorry Southy but that's a dumb comment.

1 hour ago, South Sider said:

Sounds like we might need him at left back for a bit though, so it is what it is.

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I don't know whether we're to blame for that or whether he just isn't physical enough to excel in his natural role in English football, he's a bit like Tom Trybull in that he can do all the basics right, just doesn't have quite enough bite or 'omph'.

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I don't know whether we're to blame for that or whether he just isn't physical enough to excel in his natural role in English football, he's a bit like Tom Trybull in that he can do all the basics right, just doesn't have quite enough bite or 'omph'.

He's far more talented than Tom trybull ,although he was poor Saturday and was deservedly subbed off.🤔

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Difference being though, Trybull got plenty of opportunities. 

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Difference being though, Trybull got plenty of opportunities. 

I suspect Sorenson will get plenty of football this season, but that it will be as a utility player and he'll be all over the place, probably not what he needs to push on. 

8 hours ago, Petriix said:

Or a rich man's Billy Gilmour? 

Ha ha ha.

Touche 

Maybe Gilmour would look better as an emergency LB?!

Edited by kirku

20 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I suspect Sorenson will get plenty of football this season, but that it will be as a utility player and he'll be all over the place, probably not what he needs to push on. 

He will now deffo 😄

This might have been Lungi's finest hour off the pitch - the bit where he ultra-dryly quips that Hugill is "soft, not a Viking" when they're both in an ice bath in Germany with Gibson calling him Wim Hoff!

image.thumb.png.c00a8f4ce412ec1714d926b599c8307f.png

1 hour ago, The Bristol Nest said:

He's good enough to be a pro footballer. Sorry Southy but that's a dumb comment.

because every professional footballer has been good enough. sure. that's a dumb comment to be honest

OK, let me rephrase. he is not good enough at football for the english championship

he had the benefit of the doubt of being played out of position, an extension of the becchio effect (he who doesnt play is absolutely amazing and the saviour)

but it turns out he wasnt being picked by 2 separate managers for such a long time for good reason

hes sh!t

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I like Lungi to and right now, with our full backs dropping like nine pins, we are lucky to have him with us, even if its as a utility player. He will do a good enough job at LB im sure, as he once did in the Farke era.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lungi is what he is, a good bench warmer. He is a very good utility player who can fill any, it seems, gap that may arise but we must be looking for more quality to start games.