SwearyCanary

Who hid all the pies?…

Went for my half time steak pie, combined with a desperate loo trip so was in the front of the queue for once. Asked for a steak pie and told they had none?! Had to go for a Balti one, which was nice, but one of my mates told me that 3 minutes later those were gone too?

Anyone else struggle to get what they wanted at half time? I’m curious. Chips were smaller portion than normal too, and some undercooked. 

In the grand scheme it’s not a major issue (lol) but I do like my pie and when we are not playing well it’s a little pick me up. Especially with kick off over lunchtime meaning a lot will have had their lunch at the ground. 

Not strictly football, but part of the match day routine so valid gripe? 

Edited by SwearyCanary

While I’m at it. Anyone out there that stands the entirety of half time at the little metal shelves where the condiments are needs to jog on. 😂

• Like 1

Due to kick off timing decided to have a hot dog. Seemed to be made of meat paste with a sort of skin around it. Worst snack I have ever eaten.

How can you guys put that filth into your bodies ? It's about as poor quality as is available, badly prepared and overpriced to boot.  It's only a couple of hours to survive without food, a boycott of the catering might get them to raise standards. 

Maybe one for the OSP to raise. ?

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps ban all pies and follow the Forest Green example?

Vegan pies are available.

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

How can you guys put that filth into your bodies ? It's about as poor quality as is available, badly prepared and overpriced to boot.  It's only a couple of hours to survive without food, a boycott of the catering might get them to raise standards. 

Maybe one for the OSP to raise. ?

Exactly. I don't want to sound too critical here, but we in the UK really are a nation that has a problem with obesity, and that sort of scran isn't doing anyone any favours.

5 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

... but I do like my pie and when we are not playing well it’s a little pick me up...

Might I hazard a guess that you've been spending a fair bit on new trousers lately!?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Exactly. I don't want to sound too critical here, but we in the UK really are a nation that has a problem with obesity, and that sort of scran isn't doing anyone any favours.

Not only that , it's actually foul. And people do need to be critical, Jamie Oliver was ridiculed for pointing out the shoite people eat in England. ... but he was right .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Moderation in everything. If someone wants to eat an occasional pie, let them eat what the hell they like. And if they are having them more often, there are better ways to persuade them than food shaming. (I appreciate “food shaming” is probably exaggerating what you’ve said but if you look at your post and the two that follow, I hope you can apppreciate how it might be seen).

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Moderation in everything. If someone wants to eat an occasional pie, let them eat what the hell they like. And if they are having them more often, there are better ways to persuade them than food shaming. (I appreciate “food shaming” is probably exaggerating what you’ve said but if you look at your post and the two that follow, I hope you can apppreciate how it might be seen).

Agreed, I like a pie myself, but as you said, everything in moderation.

I do find it incredible that the likes of McDonalds and such are still in business though when it's pointed out how they make their food.

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

I’m not bragging here, but I’m knocking on the door of 40 and as of yesterday can do 10km in 38 minutes. I can put the food in but I certainly burn the stuff off. I don’t smoke and drink the occasional whisky or pint so naughty food is my vice. The sluttier the better. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I’m not bragging here, but I’m knocking on the door of 40 and as of yesterday can do 10km in 38 minutes. I can put the food in but I certainly burn the stuff off. I don’t smoke and drink the occasional whisky or pint so naughty food is my vice. The sluttier the better. 

Nowt wrong with that (another runner here, but I tend to be around 45-47min for 10K), anyone going sub-40 in a 10K is definitely burning it off. The problem we have in this country is that we usually eat too much crap, or don't move enough, as our obesity statistics make abundantly clear.

• Like 1

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Nowt wrong with that (another runner here, but I tend to be around 45-47min for 10K), anyone going sub-40 in a 10K is definitely burning it off. The problem we have in this country is that we usually eat too much crap, or don't move enough, as our obesity statistics make abundantly clear.

Agree, but it’s the crap that tastes sooooooooo goood! 😂. What would the ideal half time scran be to whet the appetite but also tickle the taste buds? 

48 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Agreed, I like a pie myself, but as you said, everything in moderation.

I do find it incredible that the likes of McDonalds and such are still in business though when it's pointed out how they make their food.

IMHO, that’s a bit different. All the big food businesses know their products are bad for people but because they make a lot of money and can grease the right palms they are allowed to get away with it. A government with a bit more balls would regulate and legislate so business has to take responsibility for the consequences of what they sell. Which ultimately society pays for because the NHS and the economy picks up the pieces.

I believe that one day McDonalds and the rest of the food business will be seen as tobacco companies are now, as having exploited the public to make money while making them sick. But we’re a fair way off that still. At the moment, everything, including public health, must be sacrificed at the altar of business and its sacred right to make profit regardless of consequences.

1 minute ago, SwearyCanary said:

Agree, but it’s the crap that tastes sooooooooo goood! 😂. What would the ideal half time scran be to whet the appetite but also tickle the taste buds? 

Whatever it is, they don’t sell it in football grounds!

• Haha 1

Expensive, but Purition shakes are very good meal replacement shakes when made with semi-skimmed milk (the cocoa and chocolate orange ones are grand). They taste a bit too much of coconut for me, so I have to sling some chocolate Nesquik in to hide it.

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Expensive, but Purition shakes are very good meal replacement shakes when made with semi-skimmed milk (the cocoa and chocolate orange ones are grand). They taste a bit too much of coconut for me, so I have to sling some chocolate Nesquik in to hide it.

Do they help with hay-fever too?

Edited by Greavsy