Canary dwarf

Teemu pukki shot or not

I was shocked by the performance of pukki today , I love the guy to bits absolute club legend but his decision making and all-round game was not up to scratch, also he seems to have lost a yard of pace , but everytime I written him off ,he comes back to prove me wrong , what does everyone else think ?🤔

5 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

I was shocked by the performance of pukki today , I love the guy to bits absolute club legend but his decision making and all-round game was not up to scratch, also he seems to have lost a yard of pace , but everytime I written him off ,he comes back to prove me wrong , what does everyone else think ?🤔

If a team can get a point with Will Keane up front then we can get 3 points with Teemu Pukki up front, sans a yard of pace or not.

Strikers are confidence players, he just needs to open his account.

Dowell on the pitch would help, they seem to have a decent understanding.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

He’s played an awful lot of football with internationals etc and isn’t getting younger. I think he needs a rest and pressure taken off him - alas we haven’t really Invested in credible alternatives 

• Like 1

Unlucky to not get goal today. I agree that not maybe on his sharpest form at the moment, but had draining season followed by crunch of national team games. So, might take couple of matches to have full steam and for third season in a row to prove the doubters that he is not too old and slow 

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

He’s played an awful lot of football with internationals etc and isn’t getting younger. I think he needs a rest and pressure taken off him - alas we haven’t really Invested in credible alternatives 

That's the problem there are no alternatives

28 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

I think he is going to come back and prove you wrong l

I think people need to get a grip and not make knee jerk judgments based on one or two games... never had a bad day at the office, or the classroom?

• Like 1

Writing off Pukki is a popular pastime for some.

I thought that he had a decent game today and was unlucky with the crossbar effort.

Least of our worries. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

My worry is that he wanted out this Summer, at least we'll know for sure what actually happens if you keep a talented player who wants out against his will. 

Buendia and Cantwell wanted out after our last relegation and both contributed to our subsequent promotion, one massively, I'm sure Pukki will be happy here as long as we're winning and he's scoring. 

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Buendia and Cantwell wanted out after our last relegation and both contributed to our subsequent promotion, one massively, I'm sure Pukki will be happy here as long as we're winning and he's scoring. 

Buendia did actually leave on promotion having taken a view that he wanted to make up for the relegation; Cantwell didn't and was a complete waste of space for the following season. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

I think he’s miffed at having to play another season of championship football. He berated the officials much more than he normally does - especially the away side Lino, and some of his decision making was a bit suspect. That said, he’s an utter professional, and will produce the goods again. Probably for the last season though. 

• Like 1

People try write him off every season on here....eventually they'll be right. But not yet.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I said this last week and everyone was hating me for it🙃

Yep it was clearly everyone playing the poster and not the post...

Even you acknowledged it was a silly comment that you'd made later on, so I'm not sure why you now think you were hard done by?

9 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

Too selfish yesterday. Nunez was the better option twice. Notice he did the same to Tzolis in pre season when he was clearly the better option

Was instrumental in the initial phase for our goal (no lack of pace in that run) & continued his run to the far post in case Max crossed it , hit the bar, never stopped getting in goal scoring positions, 'shot' strikers don't do these things.

Nothing wrong with Pukki.

https://www.skysports.com/football/norwich-city-vs-wigan-athletic/report/467840

Edited by A Load of Squit

He hasn’t had a break from football the whole summer due to his International games. Admittedly he did look a yard off yesterday but once Nunez starts floating those defense splitting passes into him he will start banging them in again. 

He wanted to score. Should have passed to Nunez in first half. Had shot superbly saved....ran himself into the ground. Yes he may have lost a yard but writing him off is a bit silly