Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Team for Birmingham (EFL Cup)

Gunn

Sorensen    Tomkinson    Gibson      McCallum

Sara         Gibbs       Sinani

Sargent           Hugill        Hernandez

Would start Sorensen at RB as I don’t think Byram will be available and I want to save Aarons for the league

• Haha 1

Can see a pair of youngsters at full-back unless Byram is available. Would expect Gunn and Tomkinson to play, Gibbs, Sara, Sinani, and Hugill as well.

10 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

No Dowell?

No, we’re using screws and PVA 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gunn 

Byram  Tomkinson Gibson Sorenson 

Gibbs Sara 

Ramsey         Dowell.       Springett 

Hugill

McGovern-McCallum-Hanley-Nunez-Mclean-sinani-Sargent

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

Expect Gunn in goal. Would like to see Nunez, Ramsey and Sara all play some part. Tomkinson and Gibbs too. I think Hugill deserves a chance too personally.

I’m not sure how I’d treat it if I was in Smiths shoes though, the senior players need confidence and a win, so do supporters. However we also need players fresh and ready for Hull.

Mine would be:
4-2-3-1

GK: Gunn
RB: Byram if fit, otherwise we might be looking at debuting a youngster or dropping someone else to play in that position - perhaps Sorensen.
CB: Hanley, Tomkinson
LB: McCallum
CM: Sara, Gibbs
AM: Dowell, Ramsey, Sinani
Str: Idah

I think Smith may use it to give more game time to players coming back from injury who didn't play today or who were fringe today if they are fit enough to go again on Tuesday. That's my gut feeling, so I think he'll start Idah and Dowell somehow. We may play a 4-4-2 even. 

33 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Depending on injuries..

team.png

Would bring Tomkinson and Gibbs in for Hanley and Nunez as I think we should save them for the league. Otherwise I’m not against that line up. If Byram isn’t ready I would play Sorensen or Riley

Why are people suggesting Byram for Tuesday when he has been injured virtually all pre season and is yet again on the treatment table at Colney ?

Edited by TIL 1010

14 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Depending on injuries..

team.png

Wouldn't be unhappy with that...... depends on injuries but.......think Nunez and Sara are gonna be good at this level 

Don't we have a proper right winger to provide crosses for Hugill, not Sargent.  Onel yes but not noted for providing elevated crosses.  Another opportunity to put one across  on of the divisions lesser lights, so spawny draw then.

i wou

18 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Gunn 

Byram  Tomkinson Gibson Sorenson 

Gibbs Sara 

Ramsey         Dowell.       Springett 

Hugill

McGovern-McCallum-Hanley-Nunez-Mclean-sinani-Sargent

i would go with that but one thing 

Anyone who plays well must keep there place for next league games not dropped 

if Hugill scores 2 he starts ahead of pukki  , springett does well he starts in front of Cantwell etc 

to many 1st teamers are there for what they have done in the past not how they are playing now 

• Like 1

Gunn

Sorensen    Hanley   Tomkinson    McCallum

Sinani     Sara         Gibbs      Hernandez

Sargent           Hugill    

I wont rest Pukki this is a great opportunity to score a goal or two- best way to increase his confidence- certainly would give Sargent a miss -that is he could be a ball boy -collecting balls in the stand at least he could run around alot -just to keep him involved  😗 

Edited by baldy09

39 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

I wont rest Pukki this is a great opportunity to score a goal or two- best way to increase his confidence- certainly would give Sargent a miss -that is he could be a ball boy -collecting balls in the stand at least he could run around alot -just to keep him involved  😗 

Feels like you alway need to rest Pukki for these games, but you're right he needs to bang one or 2 in. It's how to supply Pukki though that is currently the problem and you probably won't solve that in this game. What the hell though I'd start him.

1 hour ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

i'm pretty sure i've seen Tomkinson play at rightback before - so perhaps that's an option?

Yes - he played at RB in some of the pre season friendlies. Would play him at CB though so he gets some experience in his main position and would replace Aarons with Sorensen or Riley. We need to save Aarons, Hanley and Omobamidele for the league

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

i'm pretty sure i've seen Tomkinson play at rightback before - so perhaps that's an option?

Smith was pretty dismissive of that in a post match pre-season interview when he played there. Pinkun journo basically asked him if he’s a RB option and he said no.

• Thanks 1

Surely we want to play Tomkinson at CB tonight. If he plays well, we may use him as 4th choice. If he struggles, then surely that shows we need to strengthen in this transfer window

Chance for much needed minutes in Sara's legs, same with Dowell. It's a good opportunity for Hernandez or Sinani, but to me it's last chance Saloon for Sargent. If he looks poor again, I'd hope we try and recoup some money for him (same with Rashica) and strengthen

Gunn

Sorensen Tomkinson Gibson McCallum

Sara Gibbs 

Dowell

Sargent Hugill Ramsey

Hardly “ last chance saloon” for Sargent? Surely another two seasons with no goals before anyone admits they bought a donkey.

Gk Sorensen

Lb Sorensen 

CB sorensen

CB sorensen

RB sorensen

Mid Sorensen

Mid Sorensen

Amr Rowe

AMC Rowe

AML Rowe

S Hugill

Bench 

Sorensen 

I went for the norwich city folk hero xi

1 hour ago, kenfoggo said:

Hardly “ last chance saloon” for Sargent? Surely another two seasons with no goals before anyone admits they bought a donkey.

Two more seasons with no goals. Please no!!!!!!!! 😂