Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

Dean Smith should be sacked To-NIGHT!

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Imagine being a Norwich fan with an attitude of entitlement. 

Wigan are a championship club. So are we. The sooner the fan base get the idea that we’re entitled to win this league and that anything less is a catastrophic injustice out of their heads.. the better experience it will be supporting the club again.

If you think we can’t go into a game at home with Wigan expecting a result you have the issue, not anybody else. 

They are a newly promoted league one club. We’ve spent millions on players.

get some standards

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

If you think we can’t go into a game at home with Wigan expecting a result you have the issue, not anybody else. 

get some standards

I didn’t say you can’t expect a result, but add a dose of realism too. The championship consistently throws up the form book, and there are plenty of times where promoted teams from League One adjust quickly and do very well. As most Norwich fans know well.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Neither of those teams are Norwich. I hope you recover from your blow to the head fully.

Comparison not concussion leads to one conclusion. Let me know when you get it.

30 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

get some standards

Buh, we all have standards and I expect every Norwich fan hoped and expected a win yesterday. But we're in the real world not seemingly your fantasy football world.

Unfortunately results don't always go your way. We gifted them a goal, pummelled them and got a draw. It was only dodgy refereeing that prevented all 3 points. But it was good to see a performance and them battle back to get a point, after last season when heads dropped and we threw in the towel each time a goal was conceded.

It's game 2 of the season for crying out loud. Players are adapting, from being pummelled at a higher level, to having more control of the game and trying to break down opposition. Players are also building confidence after last season. Smith is trying to get them to press more, and we're introducing new players who have to gel with each other. You clearly want and expect instant results and the "standard" is to win every game. But you also want a manager sacked two games into a season. You're entitled to that but I doubt the board see it your way.

Smith will be given time like every other NCFC manager (apart from Gunn) this early in the season. Lessons are being learnt and Smith is trying to address the midfield, which we've all been desperate for. Sorenson (I was an admirer) and Mclean certainly don't look the answer, & hopefully the standard will be raised if/when Hayden & Sara get up to full speed. Nunez looks exciting!  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I have appealed over the years for time, DF could have had a dynasty. But he wasn't given any. While Webber cops off with a sabbatical.

I completely agree with this.  Farke did his job.  Webber got his wrong.  Yet Farke was held accountable and got the chop whilst Webber hid from the media got a new contract and some flexi time.  

Given where we are, I’d stick with Smith, who hasn’t done any worse than Farke so far (i.e. prem-wise & early season jitters in the Champs).  Now Smith’s finally been able to sign a few players, it looks like he might be close to getting the team to gel.  

That said, very concerned about the lack of cover across our back four, given Byram’s injury prone, Gibson’s error prone every 3 / 4 games and now Giannoulis’s injury.

38 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Buh, we all have standards and I expect every Norwich fan hoped and expected a win yesterday. But we're in the real world not seemingly your fantasy football world.

Unfortunately results don't always go your way. We gifted them a goal, pummelled them and got a draw. It was only dodgy refereeing that prevented all 3 points. But it was good to see a performance and them battle back to get a point, after last season when heads dropped and we threw in the towel each time a goal was conceded.

It's game 2 of the season for crying out loud. Players are adapting, from being pummelled at a higher level, to having more control of the game and trying to break down opposition. Players are also building confidence after last season. Smith is trying to get them to press more, and we're introducing new players who have to gel with each other. You clearly want and expect instant results and the "standard" is to win every game. But you also want a manager sacked two games into a season. You're entitled to that but I doubt the board see it your way.

Smith will be given time like every other NCFC manager (apart from Gunn) this early in the season. Lessons are being learnt and Smith is trying to address the midfield, which we've all been desperate for. Sorenson (I was an admirer) and Mclean certainly don't look the answer, & hopefully the standard will be raised if/when Hayden & Sara get up to full speed. Nunez looks exciting!  

More fence sitting nonsense

Smith and his levels are not compatible with what I believe should be the standard of this football club. Neither do webbers or delias. By accepting lower levels you are showing yourself up.

have levels that accept victory against Wigan. Start there.

17 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Smith and his levels are not compatible with what I believe should be the standard of this football club. Neither do webbers or delias. By accepting lower levels you are showing yourself up.

If the football world was as you desire they'd be no point watching it. Results would be a foregone conclusion.

I'm always more concerned with performance than results. This was vastly better than last week's. We could easily have scored several goals & won it in style.

I wonder how many Burnley fans are calling for Kompany's sacking today?

5 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

If the football world was as you desire they'd be no point watching it. Results would be a foregone conclusion.

I'm always more concerned with performance than results. This was vastly better than last week's. We could easily have scored several goals & won it in style.

I wonder how many Burnley fans are calling for Kompany's sacking today?

Kompany didn’t abjectly, publicly and embarrassingly give up at the end of last season and bring nothing to this season.

Burnley have a mission, a goal, they have a proper leader and a direction. Therefore he will be given time. The fans have been given something to get behind. What have we been given to get behind? The fat nobody on the touchline with his hands in his pockets?

Smith has no direction, no talent, no energy, no long term or short term plan, no tactical ability as demonstrated by the subs he makes and a sporting director who has gone insane at the wheel of the club and I’m supposed to continue to give this man “more time”

no

He’s not fit to manage this club. He’s as fit to manage this club as Stuart Webber is to be its sporting director.

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Like 1

I hate to see our fan base so split. I also find it really hard that fans are so accepting of Smith.

We had an ethos a direction and a style.

I don't even think we have a set tactical plan under Smith. I'd argue he's tactically more adaptive than Farke but he is not a man manager or a leader.

I know Webber etc has been criticised on his 5 year plan but what is the club's road map?

Surely get promoted back to the prem is the one year plan? No communication.

If we were told, suck it up this is Smiths year to sort out his ethos and vision we are winning the champ next year I might be able to get on board and give the guy the time.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Kompany didn’t abjectly, publicly and embarrassingly give up at the end of last season and bring nothing to this season.

Burnley have a mission, a goal, they have a proper leader and a direction. Therefore he will be given time. The fans have been given something to get behind. What have we been given to get behind? The fat nobody on the touchline with his hands in his pockets?

Smith has no direction, no talent, no energy, no long term or short term plan, no tactical ability as demonstrated by the subs he makes and a sporting director who has gone insane at the wheel of the club and I’m supposed to continue to give this man “more time”

no

He’s not fit to manage this club. He’s as fit to manage this club as Stuart Webber is to be its sporting director.

Vincent Company was a great player, the jury is still very much out on his managerial record. He has had no more success than Smith. I'm not quite sure why he is being lauded.

Norwich should beat Wigan but sometimes when a team sticks everyone behind the ball you will fail to break them down, that's literally why they do it. I'm not convinced by Smith but to fire a man two games into a season would be mad.

As for a sporting director who has lost the plot, Nunez didn't look like the kind of signing that we are going to come to regret. So not quite sure that this is justified. I'm not Webber's biggest fan, he has clearly not worked out the premier league, there's sod all to suggest he has no capacity to pick a player who can develop though which means he is still potentially an asset to this club.

1 minute ago, 1902 said:

Vincent Company was a great player, the jury is still very much out on his managerial record. He has had no more success than Smith. I'm not quite sure why he is being lauded.

Norwich should beat Wigan but sometimes when a team sticks everyone behind the ball you will fail to break them down, that's literally why they do it. I'm not convinced by Smith but to fire a man two games into a season would be mad.

As for a sporting director who has lost the plot, Nunez didn't look like the kind of signing that we are going to come to regret. So not quite sure that this is justified. I'm not Webber's biggest fan, he has clearly not worked out the premier league, there's sod all to suggest he has no capacity to pick a player who can develop though which means he is still potentially an asset to this club.

Ok Stuart, whatever you say.

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Ok Stuart, whatever you say.

Excellent. 

17 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

no

Will you be eating humble pie then if we start to build during early season and get into the top 6 places? Or will you be hoping we struggle because Smith is manager?

Did you not see clear signs of improvement yesterday? Didn't the players show spirit? Were they not playing for their manager? If either of these were true it would be far more of a worry.

Unlike you I don't hate Smith. Couldn't care less what he looks like whether he is fat, whether he drinks tea from a mug. Yet I'm not a great fan either - arguably no-one could follow Farke easily.

Fulham nearly beat Liverpool yesterday. It happens. Wigan were the usual 'lower expectation' recently promoted team yesterday to arrive at Carrow Road ready to defend and try to waste time. It's happened for decades and you must have watched that. Yesterday there were many positive signs. Many. Just support your team and maybe even be more supportive of your fellow fans who don't have the same world view as you? This forum has many views and they will not all be real buh's no matter how much you want them to be. 

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Will you be eating humble pie then if we start to build during early season and get into the top 6 places? Or will you be hoping we struggle because Smith is manager?

Did you not see clear signs of improvement yesterday? Didn't the players show spirit? Were they not playing for their manager? If either of these were true it would be far more of a worry.

Unlike you I don't hate Smith. Couldn't care less what he looks like whether he is fat, whether he drinks tea from a mug. Yet I'm not a great fan either - arguably no-one could follow Farke easily.

Fulham nearly beat Liverpool yesterday. It happens. Wigan were the usual 'lower expectation' recently promoted team yesterday to arrive at Carrow Road ready to defend and try to waste time. It's happened for decades and you must have watched that. Yesterday there were many positive signs. Many. Just support your team and maybe even be more supportive of your fellow fans who don't have the same world view as you? This forum has many views and they will not all be real buh's no matter how much you want them to be. 

Watch out for splinters on that fence buddy

4 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Buh, how is coming out and saying what you feel "sitting on the fence". We're entitled to disagree with your opinion.

Personally I think your comments are deluded. Were you this deluded after the first couple of Farke games, especially when they didn't go to plan? It took him time to build his team ad style of play. This is 1st transfer window Smith has had. It's got 3 more weeks to go yet. 

You say, "Burnley have a mission, a goal, they have a proper leader and a direction." and yet they only managed a draw yesterday. All some of us are saying, is see where we're at once the xfer  window closes, see who else, if any, comes in, and see where we're at around Christmas. If it's going poorly then I agree that's the time to consider a change, but not after 2 games.

3 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Buh, how is coming out and saying what you feel "sitting on the fence". We're entitled to disagree with your opinion.

Personally I think your comments are deluded. Were you this deluded after the first couple of Farke games, especially when they didn't go to plan? It took him time to build his team ad style of play. This is 1st transfer window Smith has had. It's got 3 more weeks to go yet. 

You say, "Burnley have a mission, a goal, they have a proper leader and a direction." and yet they only managed a draw yesterday. All some of us are saying, is see where we're at once the xfer  window closes, see who else, if any, comes in, and see where we're at around Christmas. If it's going poorly then I agree that's the time to consider a change, but not after 2 games.

You're wasting your time mate. Divisive rhetoric and alt-right memes are the only language he understands. Save your nuance for posters who can be arsed to debate sensibly.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

You're wasting your time mate. Divisive rhetoric and alt-right memes are the only language he understands. Save your nuance for posters who can be arsed to debate sensibly.

Have a day off sweetheart you look like a tool

no wonder you support smith. You probably look as fat and gormless as he does

42 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

If this moron stays in charge until Christmas there will be people leaving at half time like last season. He’s useless.

25 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Have a day off sweetheart you look like a tool

no wonder you support smith. You probably look as fat and gormless as he does

Jury still very much out on Smith, for a multitude of reasons.

Like you, I was surprised and certainly not excited by his appointment.

Unlike you, I have the ability to have a reasonable discussion with other people based on considering pros and cons rather than just burping out "YEAH BUT MUG OF TEA" as the basis for my argument.

Grow up and come join the adults.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Jury still very much out on Smith, for a multitude of reasons.

Like you, I was surprised and certainly not excited by his appointment.

Unlike you, I have the ability to have a reasonable discussion with other people based on considering pros and cons rather than just burping out "YEAH BUT MUG OF TEA" as the basis for my argument.

Grow up and come join the adults.

Like I’ve said before, I’m sure Deano and his fat mate shakey appreciate your kind of but not really support.

I do wish people would stop harping on about last season it wasn't his team but this season it is.Thats nonsense.If I recall all the players in the first game were here last season. If he has a system that he prefers it shouldn't be too hard to get players familiar with it.

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Like I’ve said before, I’m sure Deano and his fat mate shakey appreciate your kind of but not really support.

What a sad existence, trying to troll fans who support the same club as you.

You used to be a half-decent troll once upon a time, too.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

What a sad existence, trying to troll fans who support the same club as you.

You used to be a half-decent troll once upon a time, too.

Pretending to support Dean Smith - now that’s A grade trolling

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Pretending to support Dean Smith - now that’s A grade trolling

Yawn. Blocked.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Has fat Shakey replaced fat Frankie from the Alex Neil days ?

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Has fat Shakey replaced fat Frankie from the Alex Neil days ?

Just imagine you turn up to first day of training. Your an elite athlete. You’ve trained yourself to the physical peak.

heres your coach. Craig Shakespeare. The human Mr Potato head.

doesn’t fit for me

Said before that Farke needed three transfer windows to really put his stamp on his team. Smith didn't even get the January one, so this is pretty much his first window. Unless we're stuck in the bottom half, he should get the season for me. Although I can hardly say he's set the world on fire so far. In fact, the only thing he might have burned is the bloody teabag!

Unlike Farke, he seems to want a much harder press when not in possession. This means we need to be very quick and precise when turning it over so we can catch a defence off guard and create chances. If a team's sitting in deep, we either have to draw them out, or work a gap / work in the gap quickly enough to get shots off. McLean and Lungi aren't fast enough through the midfield, and whilst Lungi likes a raking diagonal ball, he doesn't pull them off too often. McLean's attacking passing is hit-and-miss to put it mildly. Nunez liked a cross-field ball (as did Buendia) and they seemed to stick on his debut too. With more time, full-backs should get up (giving more options for said raking crossfield ball) and you'd also hope the opposing defence then has to widen up a bit, and leave more space for a number 10.

Throw in set-pieces gained from the flanks, and I can see what Smith's trying to do in attack. I do think there's a halo effect going on in the judgement of some fans because he's come directly after a manager in Farke whose teams played some of the most gorgeous football we've seen in decades and Smith's "after the Lord Mayor's Show".

• Like 2

"Said before that Farke needed three transfer windows to really put his stamp on his team. Smith didn't even get the January one"

Yes @TheGunnShow I heard yesterday that Nunez starting was the first time Smith has been able to include one of his signings. So, that gives me hope for the other signings - only briefly did we see Sara.

I thought yesterday for the first time we pinned a team in for quite a few periods. We saw Max back to his best, even scoring the goal. Todd was creative too and often trying to get stuff going.

Overall, if we are to play like yesterday for the rest of the season then we will win many games. In fact I would say our overall play yesterday was very decent. Just not our day (or ref) plus we had a defensive error. I think we are there or thereabouts.

• Like 1