Sign in to follow this  
Robert N. LiM

What a disappointing start to the season

I’m not sure what relevance posting the results of a far superior manager, who’s teams played like prime Barcelona at this level has with the current so called manager 

I agree that’s it’s too soon to judge anything by results. We’ve had some shocking results at the start of a season and come back to finish at the top. The things that worry me this time around are a) we look poor with the ball and the players look lost at what to do; b) we don’t create as many chances as other years; and c) we keep playing players that clearly aren’t in form (or perhaps not good enough). Whenever Sargent comes on I just assume the score finishes the same as it currently is. Not great, but hopefully the manager realises this already.

Edited by Robornio
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Screenshot 2022-08-06 at 14.43.29.png

Best points tally of any season in that season, yet only 7 points after 5 games there.....so three games to pick up six points to match that start. 

1 minute ago, Robornio said:

I agree that’s it’s too soon to judge anything by results. We’ve had some shocking results at the start of season and come back to finish at the top. The things that worry me this time around are a) we look poor with the ball and the players look lost at what to do; b) we don’t create as many chances as other years; and c) we keep playing players that clearly aren’t in form (or perhaps not good enough). Whenever Sargent comes on I just assume the score finishes the same as it currently is. Not great, but hopefully the manager realises this already.

Yep, think that's all fair. 

Just now, Nexus_Canary said:

So it's agreed then

Smith has 5 games , well that's 2.

He could certainly have done with a 94th-minute penalty today.

The Derby at home loss was an incredibly similar performance to the one today.

Let's hope we don't need a red card, own goal and penalty to win our next match or Smith will get told by all and sundry on here about how lucky he is!

Farke was an incredible manager for us, doesn't mean Smith can't be a good one.

3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

He could certainly have done with a 94th-minute penalty today.

Anyone watched it back yet?

Was at the game first looked like a peno.

Just now, Nexus_Canary said:

Definitely a penalty. No control, raised follow through on the ankle and dangerous. 

1 minute ago, Nexus_Canary said:

It was 100% a penalty and arguably a red. Bring back VAR 😂

9 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

It was 100% a penalty and arguably a red. Bring back VAR 😂

Anywhere else on the pitch and that's a yellow or red card, yes he played the ball first, but that's irrelevant when studs are up like that. It seems it doesn't matter if it's a leg breaking tackle when it's in the box.

Edited by OnDaBall
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

I’m not sure what relevance posting the results of a far superior manager, who’s teams played like prime Barcelona at this level has with the current so called manager 

Virtual reality proving he lives in virtual reality with this post. 

Away with the ****ing fairies. 

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Virtual reality proving he lives in virtual reality with this post. 

Away with the ****ing fairies. 

Great insight Terminally dim…

Just now, Highland Canary said:

Sadly, only new investment will break our cycle of failure.

We've spent more than 90% of the rest of the Championship. With a squad worth hundreds of millions more than some. What do you think more money is going to achieve? 

1 minute ago, Highland Canary said:

Sadly, only new investment will break our cycle of failure.

How can there be such thing as a cycle of failure? The whole point of a cycle is that it goes round in a circle, so there must be an equal amount of success and failure. 

Which in our case is completely true.

• Like 1

If people couldn’t see an improvement today there is not a huge amount of hope for them; we’ll probably play worse and win comfortably.

The annoying thing is that we’ve come up against two sides intent on not losing but only come away with a point - need to do far better at converting chances. We’re going to face a lot of similar ‘stodgy’ sides this year and need to work out how to beat them. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

If people couldn’t see an improvement today there is not a huge amount of hope for them; we’ll probably play worse and win comfortably.

The annoying thing is that we’ve come up against two sides intent on not losing but only come away with a point - need to do far better at converting chances. We’re going to face a lot of similar ‘stodgy’ sides this year and need to work out how to beat them. 

Isn’t that what good coaches and managers do? They have days to prepare for how to break these teams and get the win?