Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Do we need a new centreback before window closes?

31 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

New CB. McCallum looks fine and Lungi can deputise, he won’t be starting in midfield again on this showing.

Completely agree.

Gibson is a concern, such an error strewn game.   

As for lungi, he was far better than Kenny,  when both were on the pitch andkenny was poor when he went deep, lungi can at least cover left back, but hoping neither start one Haydn is fit again. 

The problem is Byram can't be relied upon to stay fit. If Tomkinson is viewed as worse than Gibson, then we really need another CB.

On balance I'd rather we get an upgrade on Hernandez tbh. Once Max and Rashica went off we never really troubled Wigan on the right hand side.

The wider concern is how quickly will Hayden be fit as Sorensen was absolutely shocking at DM and we looked far better playing without one! 

I certainly wouldn’t cross that off the list. Gibson was great in our last promotion season, but is now looking a liability. I also wouldn’t rule out another full back, as it looks like Giannoulis may have picked up a serious injury, and Byram’s availability is very questionable 

Gibson when not fully fit is a liability. He’s fine at this level when up to speed. It’s not his fault though that the idiot has once again left us a centre back short going into the season so Gibson has to play when not match fit. 

It’s also not his fault we left it so late to bring in new midfielders. Perhaps if someone hadn’t been up a mountain all of June it might have been sorted earlier. 

Edited by Jim Smith

21 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm getting the strangest feeling we do..

Cant go into a champ season with 3 first team CBs especially when they have the injury records they do.

You need a left footed CB to give you that balance and to be able to build. 

Gibson is that but seems to have too many mistakes in him.

4 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Cant go into a champ season with 3 first team CBs especially when they have the injury records they do.

You need a left footed CB to give you that balance and to be able to build. 

Gibson is that but seems to have too many mistakes in him.

Suppose it depends whether they consider Tomkinson ready, debatable whether we have 3 or 4 right now. 

Do have to wonder whether Famewo would have been handy for a year for squad depth.