chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Wigan (Champ) *****

Can I just say that Kenny has been awful going forwards today. Drives forwards, gets surrounded and then his final ball is either sideways or terrible.

• Like 1

Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

Can I just say that Kenny has been awful going forwards today. Drives forwards, gets surrounded and then his final ball is either sideways or terrible.

Thought he's been better as the deepest midfielder after Sorenson went off.

• Like 1

City not good enough at this time even for the Champs, promotion on the evidence of these last 2 games not a chance 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Studs up and out of control

Right in front of the ref as well. The level of officiating in this country is beyond terrible

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJ said:

Right in front of the ref as well. The level of officiating in this country is beyond terrible

I cannot believe it wasn’t a red and a pen. Bloody awful.

Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

I cannot believe it wasn’t a red and a pen. Bloody awful.

Just seen a replay of it, looks even worse than it did in real time. 

1 minute ago, AJ said:

Yep. And in this occasion, the ref has definitely cost us this match. Poor decisions (or non decisions) throughout. Only got his card out very late in the match 

Just now, pete said:

Going to be a long season, can we do better, doubt it

Despite dominating the entire game, we just don't look like scoring still! Maybe we need to actually sign a striker!

• Like 1

The squad is so far short of PL quality that promotion this season would be a curse

Dont jump of the roof boys you only make a hole in the yard. boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo rubbish and sack the coach. and this after 2 matches. no championship team going to fear us now

Both immensely frustrating and weirdly positive. So much better than v Cardiff but a stupid defensive error, some poor finishing and terrible refereeing means we only get a point.

• Like 6

The result isn’t good enough.

However we should have had a penalty, it was a much better performance and we lost because of our own defensive mistakes.

I saw a lot of positives but whatever you think, that wasn’t hoofball.

Edited by Monty13
  • Like 2

Just now, unique said:

The squad is so far short of PL quality that promotion this season would be a curse

In a way, I feel like I need a break from getting spanked every single week. Instead we'll have to get used to drawing every week 🥹

Much more like it. Disappointing result, but overall you can see it's going to click and pleasing that they came back from behind.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, unique said:

WE might xcite league 1  though - at east we be playing the binners

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

Big concern; if age has caught up with Pukki (or just form) what do we do? Options are limited 

Again, it doesn't matter how old Pukki is if we don't create chances for him. Apart from a few half chances, what clear cut opportunities did he actually have? Think he put one just wide in the first half. Either way the supply still wasn't great

• Like 1

Simply not anywhere near good enough. The clock is ticking for Smith. Farke got 11 games at PL level after all he had achieved here. I see absolutely no reason why Smith should get more than 6 games. He’s been a failure since he arrived 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

There’s going to be boos at the final whistle, the performance hasn’t warranted it tbh but results matter.

Yeh but that performance was because it’s Wigan, they did a job again! The question is when are we going to the job? Again questions have to be asked about Smith, is he just not getting enough out of this squad and the longer this not winning goes on the worse it’ll get! This was the perfect home game to get going!

Edited by Indy