chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Wigan (Champ) *****

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Well there's your problem. If you expect to win every game then you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

So what do you think before every game? We are going to lose?

And we are the pant wetters

18 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

But they didn't hit the target. That is two matches against teams in flux and we are all incredibly disappointed. Only one more shot on target than the opposition at home is not impressive. Gibson did gift them and nearly did it again second half. So thats our fault not Wigan playing well.

Luckily its early days but the disappointment continues from the end of last season. 

Not disagreeing. Just saying there’s context for where we are. I’m not even saying it’s all going to come good, no idea, just saying I saw some positives and we just as easily could have won if some things had gone our way.

2 hours ago, Virtual reality said:

Has no relevance when the manager, many players and entire match philosophy has changed

The point, which I would have hoped didn’t need to be spelt out, is that we started both those seasons slowly, but despite that we won the league. But because we’ve taken two points from our first two games this season, apparently we need to sack the manager already. By the same criteria it appears we should have sacked Farke in both those seasons.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Oh shut up you thick ****, I've no issue with what you say about what you saw today, I've an issue with your factually wrong suggestion that Wigan have made 8 signings and lost 13 players. 

****ing ****.

You might need counselling sunshine. Your team doesn't win and you go off on one. I thought the pant wetters were the whingers and whiners. Obviously not the case.

1 minute ago, overthebordercanary said:

Mumbai gets fouled in the area, Plymouth are one up so another assist... can we cancel a season long loan?

Was he called Bombay years  ago?😀

Edited by keelansgrandad
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

So what do you think before every game? We are going to lose?

And we are the pant wetters

Not at all, I hope we're going to win. If we win, great, if we draw or lose, then I think about what I saw and consider what I thought of the play and whether I could see a general direction that could work out well. Today we got a point and the performance was a step up from what I saw last time. 

Granted, you wouldn't expect Wigan to set the world on fire, but they came with a game plan and were disciplined in how they went about their game. I just don't see any reason to be defeatist and throw the toys out of the pram only two games in after the team is adjusting after a very bruising season. 

Let's not forget, last relegation they were playing to empty stadiums at the start of the season, meaning they were spared booing fans every time they made a mistake while they tried to get it together. 

• Like 1

You might need counselling sunshine. Your team doesn't win and you go off on one. I thought the pant wetters were the whingers and whiners. Obviously not the case.

You need a lobotomy mate. Quoting dodgy websites and taking them as gospel.

Let me guess, you believe in the New World Order, that Bill Gates is trying to inject you with chips and Tony Blair is the demon reincarnate because you read it online?

Thankfully, old Uncle TY here can set you straight.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12666938/leam-richardson-wigan-athletic-need-23-new-signings

Is a link directly to a video in which Leam Richardson jokes Wigan needs 23 new signings BECAUSE THEY'VE ONLY SIGNED ONE PLAYER ALL SUMMER. 

They aren't a team in flux. They're a team who are using the same players who won L1 comfortably last season. 

So ditch the **** websites and start reading around a bit more. 

There's a good old chap. 

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Let me guess, you believe in the New World Order, that Bill Gates is trying to inject you with chips and Tony Blair is the demon reincarnate because you read it online?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12666938/leam-richardson-wigan-athletic-need-23-new-signings

Is a link directly to a video in which Leam Richardson jokes Wigan needs 23 new signings BECAUSE THEY'VE ONLY SIGNED ONE PLAYER ALL SUMMER. 

They aren't a team in flux. They're a team who are using the same players who won L1 comfortably last season. 

There's a good old chap. 

KG seems a nice bloke he hates someone who corrects him on facts, so good luck.

Anyone who can't see the correlation between the sort of performance today,  total domination but lack of clinical edge, and see how similar it was to Derby at home 2 seasons ago where plenty of the same fans lost their sh*t have absolutely no ability to objectively analyse a football match.

Wigan got away with a point and their fans are still pinching themselves because they had 30% of the ball and we had over 25 shots. Sometimes teams don't win with those stats but it's rare and if teams keep that up over a season they win alot more than they lose.

Edited by hogesar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

There's a good old chap. 

Wikipedia is a dodgy website is it? You do need counselling.

You really need to grow up. You are a bigger blubber than I thought you were.

We are all disppointed with our start and can see the reason. What you accuse others of is exactly what you do. Throw your toys out of the pram. Don''t bother any more. Ignore button or Room 101. Not sure yet.

We are all disppointed with our start and can see the reason. What you accuse others of is exactly what you do. Throw your toys out of the pram. Don''t bother any more. Ignore button or Room 101. Not sure yet.

I mean, anyone can change details on a wiki page 

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

To be fair, if you change details on a wiki page then you need to cite sources and not have it challenged. It's a pretty reasonable source. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Can see why he bought Nunez in. Couple of lovely raking cross-field deliveries that speed up attacks. We just weren't quite quick enough in thought and deed confronted with a packed area and a disciplined Wigan defensive performance. That's all about the team gelling and all about confidence to speed things up.

We looked better in attack against this more drilled, homogeneous Wigan side compared to the more cobbled-together Cardiff side last week but it will take a little time before such a weapon is suitably sharpened. There was some progress, slow though it is, and as irritating that slowness is to others.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Anyone who can't see the correlation between the sort of performance today,  total domination but lack of clinical edge, and see how similar it was to Derby at home 2 seasons ago where plenty of the same fans lost their sh*t have absolutely no ability to objectively analyse a football match.

Wigan got away with a point and their fans are still pinching themselves because they had 30% of the ball and we had over 25 shots. Sometimes teams don't win with those stats but it's rare and if teams keep that up over a season they win alot more than they lose.

Also if anyone can't see improvement from Cardiff to this then I have to question what they were watching. I get frustration with the result but nobody can argue we didn't deserve to win today.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

To be fair, if you change details on a wiki page then you need to cite sources and not have it challenged. It's a pretty reasonable source. 

Fair point. 

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I hope I am a nice bloke Hoggy. And I am sure you are and probably TY. But I call what I see. No excuses no reasons. We had all the ball and didn't score more than one.

Of course we have our differences. But the fact I presented to TY was correct. Wigan have signed more than one player for this season. Nyambe is the only senior player they have signed. But they have brought in players who are in the u23s at the moment.

7 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

So somebody has added names to the Wigan transfer details?

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Also if anyone can't see improvement from Cardiff to this then I have to question what they were watching. I get frustration with the result but nobody can argue we didn't deserve to win today.

You have to take in the circumstances though. The degree of improvement wasn't good enough.

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

So somebody has added names to the Wigan transfer details?

Never said that, so don't put words in my mouth or on my keyboard. 

All I was saying is that anybody can change a wiki page. 

And I am pretty certain I have never initiated abuse or rudeness. No doubt I have retaliated but I do not post on here to be insulted. I am too old a cat to be pished on by kittens.

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Never said that, so don't put words in my mouth or on my keyboard. 

All I was saying is that anybody can change a wiki page. 

I didn't say you did. I asked you a question.

15 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Honestly, what planet are you on?

Wikipedia is edited by literally everyone. Go on Sky Sports. Go on Wigan's own website. I linked you Leam Richardson's interview in which he said they had made 1 signing. 

Wigan are not a side in flux. Just admit you're wrong and move on. Don't be a **** every moment of your life. 

New guys showed some promising signs, we really should have had the game won after 20 minutes. Gibson looked way off being fit, my main take away from the game is how slow we are at developing the play through mid field, especially against a side like Wigan. Hopefully the new signings will help with this and we'll be more dynamic.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yeah the result is frustrating, but the performance was about as dominating as you can get without winning comprehensively.

Put it this way, we will have less of the ball, less shots and not look so dominant in some games but win them this season.

• Like 1

Just home from the game.

We should have won that, and we should have a penalty in time added on. 

We dominated the game for the most part, our mistake for the goal was maddening, and our lack of killer touch undone us mostly.

Anyway, onwards and upwards, as our Ricardo says, see what it looks like after a dozen or so games.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah the result is frustrating, but the performance was about as dominating as you can get without winning comprehensively.

Put it this way, we will have less of the ball, less shots and not look so dominant in some games but win them this season.

Playing well, showing signs of improvement is all well and good in the Premiership where it gives hope of picking up points every 3-4 games but the top end of the championship is all about consistently picking up 3 points from these types of games and a point from the games you don’t deserve to. The comparison to previous slow starts is slightly faulty because we didn’t play well or had not clicked if I remember correctly (more like last week). Throwing points away from games we rightly dominate is not good. We are however still yet to see what a fully fit and intergrated Hayden, Sara & Nunez will bring and I think we will get to the stage of nailing these sides, just hope we don’t fall too far behind while we get there.

Just now, Son Ova Gunn said:

Playing well, showing signs of improvement is all well and good in the Premiership where it gives hope of picking up points every 3-4 games but the top end of the championship is all about consistently picking up 3 points from these types of games and a point from the games you don’t deserve to. The comparison to previous slow starts is slightly faulty because we didn’t play well or had not clicked if I remember correctly (more like last week). Throwing points away from games we rightly dominate is not good. We are however still yet to see what a fully fit and intergrated Hayden, Sara & Nunez will bring and I think we will get to the stage of nailing these sides, just hope we don’t fall too far behind while we get there.

It was an almost identical performance to our home loss against Derby under Farke. Our second home game that season I believe. We won the league at a canter, but lots on here started losing their heads and saying we should be concerned with the bottom 3 rather than the top 2 at the time.