chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Wigan (Champ) *****

They are all playing like ‘donkeys’. Look far more like relegation fodder than promotion candidates. The only brightness is Nunez.

43 minutes ago, pete said:

Nunez looks bright, can he take cornersd?

Not as bright as @TIL 1010 Tillos shirt, so bright they cameras couldn't resist showing it, has anyone texted in to report him for it?

For Norwich to score, we need to hit the target……

Twice in 135mins of football does not augur well.

This team are far too used to downing tools and accepting defeat. We need to lose that attitude and see a response in the second half. Should have been about 3 or 4 up before the mistake. Still, at least as a whole it's a much better performance

Gibson deserves most of the blame for their goal but it screams lack of leadership all over the park. 

When Dimi takes the throw we have him, Gibson, Cantwell, Sorenson and McLean all in the left hand channel. Why isnt McLean, as the experienced one of the pair telling Sorenson he's not needed there or asking Nunez to fill in? Why isn't Gibson shouting for Aarons to tuck in? The amount of space after the ball was lost was criminal.

Just shows that the team is totally devoid of confidence, we go one down and the heads drop. Our inability to convert opportunities combined with school yard defensive errors is the story of this team. Gibson should be shipped out asap, totally inept at this level

Frustrating half as we were absolutely relentless for the first 20ish minutes and had them pegged back but just lost confidence after the first scare and ultimately lost all momentum after the goal.

Just need a refresh at half time and to come out the gates firing and also for Pukki to look for a pass a bit more when in a good position, I feel like he is trying too hard to score when there are better options.

1 minute ago, MORDENCANARY said:

I can only see a draw at best . This is starting to have that 'game over' feel about it after conceding the first goal in the Prem.

The second wigan scored you could see our players give up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Reminder that Lauren Hemp is in the crowd watching this

If she brought her boots with her...... 

Generally, the build up has looked good on a lot of occasions. No question the goal has got Wigan on a much more confident footing and shaken us, but Norwich were starting to get it together again by the end of the half. Look forward to seeing if we can take it up a notch in the second half and finish some chances.

Bit bothered about Pukki actually, as really thought he could do a lot better with some of the chances he has been fed.

Just now, robertociNCFC said:

Frustrating half as we were absolutely relentless for the first 20ish minutes and had them pegged back but just lost confidence after the first scare and ultimately lost all momentum after the goal.

Just need a refresh at half time and to come out the gates firing and also for Pukki to look for a pass a bit more when in a good position, I feel like he is trying too hard to score when there are better options.

Pukki maybe thinking i have to take this chance might be another 3 games till i get another 

• Haha 1

Can see a second-half siege here. If we get the equaliser with more than 15 to go, I think we'll turn it round completely. But it's a relatively big if, and I can't see Wigan not getting one decent counter-attack going.

• Like 1

It's incredibly obvious that we lacking that physical, barking dog in the defensive centre of the pitch. The good news is that we've brought in a solution to that problem, the bad news is, he'll only potentially play 5 games a year due to injuries. 

Alot were clamouring for Sorenson to play more last year, and the first two matches against much inferior opposition is why he shouldn't. So lackadaisical beyond belief, he got away with the first but then not in position to cover for Gibson's (yet again) mistake. 

We need a Jonathan Hogg type player to sit in there, act as a leader and bark at the rest of the players.  

17 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Honestly, the ****ing state of this. 

So in your eyes he’s been a roaring success then has he? 

Or is it just a chance for you to personally attack me as you usually do?

Edited by TheBaldOne66

Has it really resorted to see people asking for Hugill to replace Cantwell! Really! Wigan have big units in defence that’s just playing into Wigans game plan! McLean has been non existent and that cross sums up his performance. Get him off and Sara on!

Edited by Indy

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Reminder that Lauren Hemp is in the crowd watching this

Who

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

When did we last score a competitive goal? Forgotten what it feels like…at the moment Placheta has scored more than Norwich!! 

Even Mumba got an assist and man of the match for plymotuh!

Got to resist chipping long balls into their box ... that's bread and butter to Wigan.

Must be patient like a Farke team and tire thfm out with fizzed passes on the deck.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

Gibson deserves most of the blame for their goal but it screams lack of leadership all over the park. 

When Dimi takes the throw we have him, Gibson, Cantwell, Sorenson and McLean all in the left hand channel. Why isnt McLean, as the experienced one of the pair telling Sorenson he's not needed there or asking Nunez to fill in? Why isn't Gibson shouting for Aarons to tuck in? The amount of space after the ball was lost was criminal.

Generally, there seems to be a little bit of missing understanding between some of the players, but hopefully minutes on the pitch will sort that.

Feels like the only time I hear Gibsons name mentioned is when he's made a big mistake. 

I still think we can come back and win this but with Zimmerman gone and Gibson makes to many mistakes , we need to buy a centre back b4 the window closes otbc😢