Sign in to follow this  
NewNestCarrow

Latest OSP Minutes are up

2 hours ago, ncfcstar said:

We were consulted about the drum.  I think the general opinion was it could be good, but needed to be done properly.  I made it clear that if they were going to do it, they shouldn't put it outside of the crowd, but in the Barclay or Snakepit, because you need people around the drummer to actually generate any sort of chant from it.  That's why it seems to work at away grounds.  I'm not sure whether that is covered in the minutes though.

I'm sure the general atmosphere is something we could discuss at the next meeting.

It was discussed, we didn't know the club were trialing it at the Coventry game or if it would be same drummer as has appeared at away games this season, it is certainly one of those initiatives that would be labelled in the "damned if they do, damned if they don't" categories, I took this pic on Saturday, not anyone i have seen at matches, could it be he is a former poster on here, a man of many names. ? 😎

Drummer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think if anything is omitted from minutes it renders the minutes redundant and irrelevant.

The only way to be sure *everything* is included would be for a verbatim transcript though?

45 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

You also need the drummer to know the chants the fasn sing otherwise it won't work. He was just playing generic stuff. 

Yeah exactly, I think there were just lots of questions around how it would work/how the club could officially sanction it.  As @Lessingham Canary says, we weren't told it was definitely happening, or when it would happen, just asked for general opinions on a drum at games.

26 minutes ago, Lessingham Canary said:

It was discussed, we didn't know the club were trialing it at the Coventry game or if it would be same drummer as has appeared at away games this season, it is certainly one of those initiatives that would be labelled in the "damned if they do, damned if they don't" categories, I took this pic on Saturday, not anyone i have seen at matches, could it be he is a former poster on here, a man of many names. ? 😎

Drummer.png

On 05/08/2022 at 23:49, Greavsy said:

EK provided the data returned for the musical instrument inclusion in the stadium. SH advised if the club move to bring a drum or instrument into the stadium then it will be a club appointed musician for health and safety reasons. It was also discussed that it is unlikely the musician would be in the stand for the same reasons. SH said that there is no targeted game for a musician to attend.

The OSP provided a mix of feedback of the use of instruments to generate atmosphere. While most agreed the atmosphere is improved with musical instruments there were concerns raised around safety, control and responsibility of the musician chosen.

EW suggested that the club could speak to England and the FA about how they safely use the instruments at national games.

Sorry Lessingham, but the minutes clearly state it would be a club appointed musician, so not sure anyone would think it would be the same drummer as randomly appeared at away games - who is part of the City Elite (Delia Out banner (sheet) brigade I understand. 

It does also - as stated previously, seem strange to have gone from a lot of H&S checks etc to be done (rightly so) to it suddenly appearing with no consultation, or even an announcement to declare its happening, location, and to get behind them too. 

Just seems a but half ar$ed to me. 

18 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

Yeah exactly, I think there were just lots of questions around how it would work/how the club could officially sanction it.  As @Lessingham Canary says, we weren't told it was definitely happening, or when it would happen, just asked for general opinions on a drum at games.

A great example for the club to have the get out clause of saying they consulted with the fans or in other words box ticking.

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Sorry Lessingham, but the minutes clearly state it would be a club appointed musician, so not sure anyone would think it would be the same drummer as randomly appeared at away games - who is part of the City Elite (Delia Out banner (sheet) brigade I understand. 

It does also - as stated previously, seem strange to have gone from a lot of H&S checks etc to be done (rightly so) to it suddenly appearing with no consultation, or even an announcement to declare its happening, location, and to get behind them too. 

Just seems a but half ar$ed to me. 

Greavsy that's absolutely fine, i take your point made, i have heard the drum at away games but no idea who he is, my point was around as much as it would be nice to know when these things are happening the club isn't going to consult the OSP on every single thing it looks at, and there will be things where they may consult and the OSP  don't agree but will still be introduced, we discussed the drummer but nothing was discussed beyond what was in the minutes. 

2 minutes ago, Lessingham Canary said:

Greavsy that's absolutely fine, i take your point made, i have heard the drum at away games but have no idea who he is, my point was around as much as it would be nice to know when these things are happening the club isn't going to consult the OSP on every single thing it looks at, and there will be things where they may consult and the OSP  don't agree but will still be introduced, we discussed the drummer but nothing was discussed beyond what was in the minutes. 

His namely is Harley Gee according to numerous posts on Book of Faces.

26 minutes ago, Lessingham Canary said:

Greavsy that's absolutely fine, i take your point made, i have heard the drum at away games but no idea who he is, my point was around as much as it would be nice to know when these things are happening the club isn't going to consult the OSP on every single thing it looks at, and there will be things where they may consult and the OSP  don't agree but will still be introduced, we discussed the drummer but nothing was discussed beyond what was in the minutes. 

whilst I get your point, and as always appreciate your response, it does somewhat dilute the efficiency / need for an OSP. 

I accept in some cases OSP consultation wont / isnt required, but to raise the issue at a meeting, have some actions, and then just move on seems daft to me. I accept the drum, whilst splits opinion, isnt a huge discussion point in the running of the football club, but the club just dont seem as engaged in the OSP process as the OSP are in the club. As Tilly says, it comes across as box ticking. 

Will any one from he OSP being asking the club why this was, as it appears, pushed ahead without consultation. 

We are fans were all asked about a drum, and the flag in a recent survey! 

I would just like to add this is not a dig at the OSP or any personal on that forum, but I think the club have stitched you up a little there. 

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

The only way to be sure *everything* is included would be for a verbatim transcript though?

You never get verbatim minutes nowadays, just vague summaries with clear action points and responsibilities. It's part of CYA methodology!

Edited by shefcanary

4 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

You never get verbatim minutes nowadays, just vague summaries with clear action points and responsibilities. It's part of CYA methodology!

Nothing wrong with CYA, very wise sometimes!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Nothing wrong with CYA, very wise sometimes!

Agreed - he said - after a quick google of it! 

It appears to be more productive than the CBA method

• Like 1
  • Haha 1