Interesting one. On paper not that exciting given his League One record but never seen him play. We all know how good his brother was last season.

Edited by Monty13

Right, clearly I got this post first, but in the interest of fairness...

Outside the Jarrold stand, in the car park, bare chested, no weapons, old fashioned boxing style stances and unladen handbags only.

Winner gets the title of first post on this subject... loser gets chucked in the river.

😅😜

Edited by chicken
  • Like 1

It's incredible how much our midfield has now changed since the end of last season. I, and everyone else it seems, felt that the area which needed the most surgery was central midfield, but I wasn't expecting four new faces. 

I'm guessing this means 4-3-3 will be the system of choice, unless one of the new boys is viewed as a ten.

Wonder how long it will be untl he get's into the first team? Bit odd it's a loan, hope they don't have that Gilmour clause of 'must play a certain number of matches' as if he turns out to be gash..

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

Right, clearly I got this post first, but in the interest of fairness...

Outside the Jarrold stand, in the car park, bare chested, no weapons, old fashioned boxing style stances and unladen handbags only.

Winner gets the title of first post on this subject... loser gets chucked in the river.

😅😜

I spelt his name right first 😉

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It's incredible how much our midfield has now changed since the end of last season. I, and everyone else it seems, felt that the area which needed the most surgery was central midfield, but I wasn't expecting four new faces. 

I'm guessing this means 4-3-3 will be the system of choice, unless one of the new boys is viewed as a ten.

Is Ramsey an out and out CM? I'm just wondering if he is the attacking wide player they were talking about needing? In that, could he play in one of the wide attacking positions instead of Sargent for example?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Fair credit to Smith, we clearly needed midfielders so he's gone and brought in four of them! Wonder if McClean will be off? Or prehaps Sorenson..

I wish him the best of luck 

but…

have we got no good 19 year olds in our academy?

that are actually our players?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Right, one hand behind your back handicap! 😅

Harsh words were not part of the conditions of this gentlemanly arrangement... 🤪

Yeah, sorted it within seconds though. 

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Also this has to be the official Aaron Ramsey thread, it says so in the title.

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Also this has to be the official Aaron Ramsey thread, it says so in the title.

Ahem, I have two in my thread title!! 😜🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Needs stars to be official, that's the rules😉

Yeah, too right. I have the official stars in mine too. 

Stars - check.
Official (x2) - check.
First - check.

Peter the deleter will catch up with it soon no doubt! 😂

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I wish him the best of luck 

but…

have we got no good 19 year olds in our academy?

that are actually our players?

Yes we have but they’ll benefit from a loan move to a division below, like Ramsey 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Yes we have but they’ll benefit from a loan move to a division below, like Ramsey 

We have kids that are good enough

maybe not to Deano and his PG Tips

Edited by The Real Buh

Villa here.  A player with alot of ability at  youth level. Outscored and out assisted Carney Chukwuemeka in the same youth team 2 seasons ago. Not as physically big as Jacob but a  fiery character and strong for his size  about 5ft 9. They come from boxing stock with their old man being a decent pro boxer who fought Kosta Zyu and Ricky Hatton so can handle themselves. . No guarantees but i think he will do well for a more attacking team than Cheltenham as he was playing more centre mid there. He is a 10 really. Not silky but very intelligent and a real goal threat in the right team. Was always the higher rated of him and his brother. 

Played under Liam Bramley in our youth team as well so they know exactly what he will bring.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

We have kids that are good enough

maybe not to Deano and his PG Tips

And that's why he gets paid , a lot , to manage , and you get sweet FA for your pathetic attempts at being edgy....wooooh.  

How completely internet stereotypical can you get, Man drinks tea, cretin doesn't like it. Starts own little hate campaign. Won't let anyone forget that a man drinks tea. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

What’s his position on paper? 

The PinkUn has him as an AM

FZa-F17XwAAs75a?format=jpg&name=small

Interesting signing. Does that mean we don't Fancy Cantwell there? Means we have Dowell and Ramsey to choose from

Little bit of an odd one for me, Smith must rate him extremely highly to take a loan with no permanent prospects on in front of Springett, Rowe (injury I know) and even Tzolis who we loaned out.

Feel like this will likely spell the end for one of the senior attacking mids, one of Sinani, Hernandez or at a longer shot Rashica- Ramsey won't be coming if there's no chance of a start.

1 minute ago, AJ said:

Interesting signing. Does that mean we don't Fancy Cantwell there? Means we have Dowell and Ramsey to choose from

I've never fancied  Toddy at all, honest🥰.  

1 minute ago, Mason 47 said:

Little bit of an odd one for me, Smith must rate him extremely highly to take a loan with no permanent prospects on in front of Springett, Rowe (injury I know) and even Tzolis who we loaned out.

Feel like this will likely spell the end for one of the senior attacking mids, one of Sinani, Hernandez or at a longer shot Rashica- Ramsey won't be coming if there's no chance of a start.

He was on loan at Cheltenham last year.

We might be a bit **** at the moment but it's extremely unlikely he's coming here as a guaranteed starter.

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

Cantwell was always best on the left I thought, be good to see him back there, offers something totally different to Rashica.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kirku said:

He was on loan at Cheltenham last year.

We might be a bit **** at the moment but it's extremely unlikely he's coming here as a guaranteed starter.

I'm not saying guaranteed but at his age/ this stage in his journey he could just as easily be on Villa's extended bench or starting for a team in a less pressurised position.

I wouldn't think he was coming if there wasn't a genuine chance of starts most weeks, otherwise it makes no sense on Villas part. So for me, he's either a clear upgrade on at least 4 of Cantwell, Rashica, Dowell, Hernandez, Sinani, Rowe, Springett, or some of those are offski.

If this kid is half as good as Villa fans are making out he should be playing for Liverpool and not on loan in the Championship.

They alo rated Smith so I'll wait and see.

• Like 3

Long term who is this going to benefit?

Is there an option to buy?

Or are we in the position of 'He was crap and therefore no benefit to us' or 'he was really good and benefitted greatly by us giving him games, benefitted from our training and coaching, became an intregal part of the team, therefore he's going back to Villa.'

Loans without an option to buy are nothing but detrimental to Norwich City.

• Like 2