Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Parking near the ground

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for parking near Carrow Rd on a match day? 

Not had to park near the ground for a while so not sure where is best these days. I think the last time I used the NCP parking behind the station.

County hall is popular but pretty expensive and they randomly will or will not have card machines so if you go have cash as a backup

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

County hall is popular but pretty expensive and they randomly will or will not have card machines so if you go have cash as a backup

Cheers. How is it getting in pre kick off? Much of a queue? Suspect getting out is a nightmare but that's going to be the same everywhere 

1 minute ago, priceyrice said:

Cheers. How is it getting in pre kick off? Much of a queue? Suspect getting out is a nightmare but that's going to be the same everywhere 

Hasn’t been as bad getting into the ground post covid stuff to be honest just have a look beforehand what gate you are going to 

58 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Hasn’t been as bad getting into the ground post covid stuff to be honest just have a look beforehand what gate you are going to 

Sorry I meant the car park. I've been fine getting into the ground last season. Hopefully the new season tickets all work this year!

5 minutes ago, Jason Shackell’s Limp Tack said:

Park at Europa way. No restrictions and then get to look at John Deere tractors. Couldn't be more 'Norwich. 

Although you need to get there at least 3 hours before kick-off to have any chance of finding a space.

Befriend someone who lives in Bracondale and park in their driveway for free.

That's what we did for about thirty years (then they had the nerve to move house).

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Befriend someone who lives in Bracondale and park in their driveway for free.

That's what we did for about thirty years (then they had the nerve to move house).

Haha that would be ideal! Used to park at my parents house in bishopsgate but they also had the nerve to move without considering my football parking needs!

May try Adam and Eve actually but guess that fills up really quickly as well.

• Like 1

Aviva Car Park a bit further down from the bus station on the opposite side is only a couple quid. It's quite busy leaving but getting in is normally fine 

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Aviva Car Park a bit further down from the bus station on the opposite side is only a couple quid. It's quite busy leaving but getting in is normally fine 

Good choice.

It’s the first left just after the Sainsburys petrol station as you head into the city. No signage on Queens Rd as it’s a staff car park. Blink and you’ll miss the turning but I’ve parked there a couple of times and It was empty three hours before KO. I’ve seen people driving towards it quite late but I’d recommend getting there at least an hour before the match starts.

Unmanned barrier and I think they only took cash. As Hogesar says it’s a crawl getting out onto Queens Rd afterwards but that’s pretty much the same everywhere.

Although it’s a staff car park it’s not open on Sundays which seems strange. That doesn’t really matter as you can street park anywhere legal all day for free.

• Like 1

The justpark website that wibble provided has some good options. I used it for the playoff final years ago.