TeemuVanBasten

Most over rated Norwich players in modern times?

Billy Gilmour appears to be paying heavily (very) for the sins of others.

Still a target for the venomous, even though he's been away on his wee bike for some time now.

I can't think of one single positive that he brought to our club on the field of play last season, but I still hope that the youngster has a better one in the pipeline and eventually manages to realize his potential. That last season can't have been much fun for him and clearly set back his development.

• Like 3

I'm yet to see Rashica do anything productive given what we've paid for him

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

GIBSON! Has to be he’s a complete load of crap! 😡

He’s certainly having a good go at winning this award, and not just today. 

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yeah, Gibson. Burnley didnt like him for a reason.

Yeah. Why doesn't his uncle want him at Middlesbrough? Bog obvious.

Gibson has always been prone to a mistake. 

Off today's performance I think we can finally all agree that Sorensen is **** though.

wee Billy Gilmour 

Ben Gibson

Milot Raschica 

Max Aarons

osan Kabak

Ben Godfrey 

Jamal Lewis 

John Ruddy 

Russ martin 

Thomas helveg 

Arturo Lupoli 

Luke Chadwick

Dejan stefanovic

Steven Whittaker 

Mulumbu 

Yobo 

Mbokani 

Yohan Elmander 

Steven Naismith 

Jonas Gutierrez

Dickson Etuhu 

🤷

Tin helmet at the ready....Tim Krul. Makes Andy Marshall look like Gordon Banks.

Not forgetting Kei Kamara, who some thought was the saviour. Woeful player!

Edited by Mervmeister
  • Confused 2

I'm getting the impression here that a lot of people aren't getting what 'overrated' means.

For example nobody ever rated Koroma, Elmander or Thorne in a Norwich shirt. Gilmour was/is overrated by everyone who isn't a Norwich fan but not by us. 

For someone to be overrated by our fans it means people actually have to think they are good in the first place. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'm getting the impression here that a lot of people aren't getting what 'overrated' means.

For example nobody ever rated Koroma, Elmander or Thorne in a Norwich shirt. Gilmour was/is overrated by everyone who isn't a Norwich fan but not by us. 

For someone to be overrated by our fans it means people actually have to think they are good in the first place. 

Keith O'Neil?

On 05/08/2022 at 19:16, wcorkcanary said:

Ben is s the living example of the expression ' throws good shapes'.  Little real footballing talent though. We robbed Everton. 

But 'Ben' is .............'going to be a world class centre back in the future'. Now let me think who said that???

Cedric Anselin might be worth a mention. Great bloke, had his issues but never had a period of consistent performances. I've talked to a few people who remember him being good, I certainly don't.

Simon Lappin (sorry). Apart from League 1, he didn't really play and he kind of dined out on that Luton freekick for a long time. Nice guy though. Some people see him as good servant, probably a good pro but stayed around way too long considering he wasn't playing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, king canary said:

Was thinking the exact same thing, particularly at Ben Gibson being put forwards. I don't think there's a single NCFC fan that rates him right now!

1 hour ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Simon Lappin

biggest pile of dog śhîte I’ve ever seen play for use for so many games. 

Bit harsh, had one decent season under Lambert and was an important player in League 1. Didn't do much before and after mind.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/norwich-city-in-the-efl-remember-simon-lappin-heres-what-hes-up-to-nowadays/

7 hours ago, king canary said:

See, for me the absolute overwhelming global love-in about Gilmour is enough to nominate him above all others. There isn't one person outside of Norfolk that wasn't telling us he was an absolute champion and we should be so lucky.

It's difficult to say from simply 'within Norwich fans' as everyone has their favourites. Lukas Rupp had an appreciation society, there are those that think Tzolis is the second coming. We generally find out in post that players were crap and we were blinkered to 

The only real example I can think of that properly fulfills the criteria is Cody Mac (I myself thought he was going to be the next Ian Wright. I was young)

1 hour ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Mbok is a LEGEND and I refuse to hear otherwise.

Yeah deffo I wish he stayed on when we were relegated 😃

I agree about Gilmour, RVW, Leroy Fer, Howson, Normann.

At the top of the list I'd put Russel Martin.

Really surprised to see people saying Howson… arguably the best central midfielder we’ve had this century. 

Some weird replies to this thread in general, lots of people saying names that have never been rated by fans, let alone overrated! 

• Like 1

On 05/08/2022 at 15:48, chicken said:

We're not allowed to say "forced" a move, that's apparently club spin. He asked politely for a move and in no way did he do so with the expectation to be sold, the club then chose to sell him... 😉😅

BE5468E0-600D-4640-8DB2-8928E25D477F.jpeg.7c7d11979cb20beaabed8b2628cfaad7.jpeg

• Haha 1

I was looking at those massive player murals on Saturday and thought they could become a bit embarrassing if those guys end up with the reputation of RVW.

Afterall, he would've been up there in 2011, wouldn't he?