TeemuVanBasten

Most over rated Norwich players in modern times?

I'll start with Moritz Leitner.

Very rarely played a key pass, or assisted, or scored, couldn't tackle which meant that he couldn't even really do the sitting deep and spreading the play about thing either, and despite his impressive passing statistics, those achieved by almost always playing the 10 yard easy pass. Pound shop Phil Mulryne, or Phil Mulryne once he grew the beer belly.

Never did understand the fuss, and always looked like a t*t when he rolled his shorts up to receive a pass only to pass it straight back to the person who gave him the ball.

Who else?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Billy Gilmour wins by a country mile 

He's still got time to prove us wrong, like Harry Kane.

I don't think he will, of course, but stranger things have happened.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Billy Gilmour wins by a country mile 

Yup 100% Wee Billy Krankie.
How the media had an ongoing 90 minute **** over him after every match is beyond me. The kid is hopeless. 
Tuchel seen straight through him though it seems.

Jimmy Krankie turned down role as 'evil granny' on Hollyoaks for the sake  of her image

Edited by Nexus_Canary

Tough to say Gilmour as I don't think our fans rated him at all.

There is a little group of players who fans latch on to because they come across as nice guys who care about the club, which often leads to inflated senses of how good they are at football- Pinto and Elliott Bennett are two that spring to mind.

• Like 2

Buendia.

Ducks for cover. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, 1902 said:

Buendia.

Ducks for cover. 

..........  and you need to!

• Like 1

Alright I'll go for the contreversial choice then.. Giannoulis. ohhhhhhhh, spicy huh? I don't think he's a bad player, he is pretty decent but I still think he's playing out of position and would be better off as a winger.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

It’s Billy

Absolute dogÅ›hĂ¯t player supported by his moron Chelsea fans and idiot Scots who have subsequently abandoned him

Gilmour Gilmour Gilmour Gilmour Gilmour Gilmour  Gilmour Gilmour Gilmour Gilmour Gilmour 

Gilmour.

4 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Gilmour Gilmour Gilmour Gilmour Gilmour Gilmour  Gilmour Gilmour Gilmour Gilmour Gilmour 

Gilmour.

And then Naismith.

I dislike him more than I do that lot down the a140. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Probably gonna get pelters for this but Johnny Howson.

Looked on very fondly by supporters ‘rolls royce of a player’ but he forced a move away at the start of the Farke era and I think is a little overrated.

Undoubted ability and some great goals but I just feel he went missing sometimes and didn’t dominate games in the manner his ability could/should have allowed.

Also been part of a boro team who haven’t threatened promotion for 4-5 seasons now (tho tho season looks better).

I’ll put my tin hat on!

• Like 4

Just now, Fifty said:

Looked on very fondly by supporters ‘rolls royce of a player’ but he forced a move away at the start of the Farke era and I think is a little overrated.

Undoubted ability and some great goals but I just feel he went missing sometimes and didn’t dominate games in the manner his ability could/should have allowed.

Also been part of a boro team who haven’t threatened promotion for 4-5 seasons now (tho tho season looks better).

I’ll put my tin hat on!

Was he overrated though, I distinctly remember him getting a lot of flack here and there. Seems to be Norwich fans aren't keen on Jack of all trades box to box midfielders.

3 minutes ago, Fifty said:

I’ll put my tin hat on!

We're not allowed to say "forced" a move, that's apparently club spin. He asked politely for a move and in no way did he do so with the expectation to be sold, the club then chose to sell him...Â đŸ˜‰đŸ˜…

Controversial one from me.... Ben Godfrey!

Has everything which looks perfect for the modern centre back - athletic, quick, good touch and can pick a pass BUT I honestly dont think he is that good a defender! Mainly because his reading of the game is so awful.

Often commended by fans for the way he chased back to make tackles or made last minute blocks BUT that was usually because he had either made a mistake, given the ball away or was out of position in the first place!

(I also think Jamal Lewis was just a decent championship full back at best!)

• Like 2

Over rated, right. Hmmm.

They need to be rated to some degree first. Oliveira? Quite a few on here questioned Farke's inability to manage him back into the side and felt he was a decent player.

Trybul could be another, though I don't think he was a bad player.

Right now, in our squad, I'm loathe to say it but Sorensen. I like him, but the way some people go on about him he should be starting every game as he dominates that DM role... 

4 minutes ago, chicken said:

Over rated, right. Hmmm.

They need to be rated to some degree first. Oliveira? Quite a few on here questioned Farke's inability to manage him back into the side and felt he was a decent player.

Trybul could be another, though I don't think he was a bad player.

Right now, in our squad, I'm loathe to say it but Sorensen. I like him, but the way some people go on about him he should be starting every game as he dominates that DM role... 

Oliveira was a good 2nd divison striker that's for sure but it's clear he was a very emotional guy who often let it boil over and who appeared to have some anger issues too. Never forget the time he scored after being brought on and ran straight to Farke, shirt off then pointed at his name on the shirt while seemingly mouthing 'start me'

Tzolis! We were told he was gonna be best player in Europe potentially then he totally disappears, was a huge waste of money too

Edited by TheBaldOne66

Earnshaw, Lappin, Snodgrass, Becchio, Naismith, Mulumbu, Cantwell.

Take your pick đŸ˜‚

Don’t think Robbie Brady was ever as good as he was made out to be for us. Though I’m sure plenty of fans agree with that. Cody McDonald and Ollie Johnson had a bit of a cult following kind of similar to Sorensen’s one today.

Although I personally liked Snodgrass, he must be a strong favourite as a more controversial pick (given he carried us under Hughton).

Rashica could be a shout for this season, seeing how many have tipped him to do really well this year.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chicken said:

We're not allowed to say "forced" a move, that's apparently club spin. He asked politely for a move and in no way did he do so with the expectation to be sold, the club then chose to sell him...Â đŸ˜‰đŸ˜…

đŸ˜´

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TheRock said:

Earnshaw, Lappin, Snodgrass, Becchio, Naismith, Mulumbu, Cantwell.

Take your pick đŸ˜‚

Earnshaw? 27 goals in 45 matches for a very average side wasn’t too bad. 

• Like 3

I'll say three other loan signings, actually. Those being Amadou, Passlack, and Duda.

Has to be Fozzy with his flick, before he kicked a ball we thought we had the next Messi! 

I might go for Snodgrass as well. I don't think he was a bad player, but I think massively over-rated. Too selfish. Everything had to go through him, and that often had a negative overall influence on the team.

Well if you want ultra modern times then I'd say Aarons and Cantwell. Not because they are bad players, but they were touted as big ticket sales however the reality is nobody outside of Norfolk wants them.