Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Attendances

Some big crowds in the EFL at the weekend including Ipswich (nearly 27,000) and over 40,000 at Sunderland for a live SKY match. Do you think we will see far less empty green and yellow seats this season now defeats shouldn’t be guaranteed at Carrow Road? 

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Blimey, must be a record for the binners.

Hate saying it, but fair play I suppose to the fans for turning up to watch leauge one mediocrity 

19,000 at Bradford City for a league 2 match. I don’t think we can blame the virus or anything else other than poor football if the numbers dip. 

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hate saying it, but fair play I suppose to the fans for turning up to watch leauge one mediocrity

Fans turning up at any level should always be appreciated and never a given / expected. 

Brilliant to see increased attendances, wherever they are. There is a misconception that the PL is the thing everyone wants to see, but more people are seeing through the shallowness of it and that live football at any level is much better than a pseudo so called sport which has been ruined by money and greed - combined with VAR. 

• Thanks 1

I’m sure we’ll be there or thereabouts, but it’ll drop away for all if the season goes south.

Obviously there will be some gaps in the stands because of holidays and s/t not being used - I fully expect that debate come Saturday evening….

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Brilliant to see increased attendances, wherever they are. There is a misconception that the PL is the thing everyone wants to see, but more people are seeing through the shallowness of it and that live football at any level is much better than a pseudo so called sport which has been ruined by money and greed - combined with VAR. 

Knowing you’re very likely to lose every time you turn up doesn’t help too. 

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Fans turning up at any level should always be appreciated and never a given / expected. 

I mean Sunderland were able to get over 30,000 average attendance while in league one which I always have had respect for. If I remember right they also once had 45,000 turn up in leauge one to watch them play Bradford which set a third tier attendance record so big respect to them for that 

I mean Sunderland were able to get over 30,000 average attendance while in league one which I always have had respect for. If I remember right they also once had 45,000 turn up in leauge one to watch them play Bradford which set a third tier attendance record so big respect to them for that 

Im sure they're grateful for that from a fan who supports a team 66 miles away, but didn't attend a friendly in his own city let alone a home game.

7 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Im sure they're grateful for that from a fan who supports a team 66 miles away, but didn't attend a friendly in his own city let alone a home game.

Not quite sure what your bizarre obsession is. Why do you even care? 

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not quite sure what your bizarre obsession is. Why do you even care? 

Not quite sure where you get obsession from but up to you.

So when did you last attend a match involving Norwich (first team, home or away). 

I dont care but am curious.  

Edited by Greavsy

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Not quite sure where you get obsession from but up to you.

So when did you last attend a match involving Norwich (first team, home or away). 

I dont care but am curious.  

You have a habit of replying to me within seconds when I post and then regardless of what the thread is about you comment and my posting habits or attendance. I mean, over the last week its got to the point you've even been called out by other posters for it. You can ignore it and pretend you don't do it all you like, but it is a bit stalkerish and wierd. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw a ticket/season ticket price comparison chart a few months ago and that certainly puts things into perspective. If we had a 40k stadium with £250 season tickets and £20 casual tickets plus offers for less glamorous games I think we'd be up over 35k too....

You have a habit of replying to me within seconds when I post and then regardless of what the thread is about you comment and my posting habits or attendance. I mean, over the last week its got to the point you've even been called out by other posters for it. You can ignore it and pretend you don't do it all you like, but it is a bit stalkerish and wierd. 

Report me then. 

Oh look at my history I've replied to other threads too, funny that. 

Look at me, look at me. 

I'll ask again.....coz I'm curious in a thread you started about attendances, when did you last attend a match involving Norwich (first team, home or away).

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Knowing you’re very likely to lose every time you turn up doesn’t help too. 

You just need to adopt the mentality that is the opposite of glory hunters, it's quite easy really. Disassociate your ego from the result and you'll be grand. Be umble, ever so umble. You know it makes sense, unlike Deanos game plan so far.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Report me then. 

Oh look at my history I've replied to other threads too, funny that. 

Look at me, look at me. 

I'll ask again.....coz I'm curious in a thread you started about attendances, when did you last attend a match involving Norwich (first team, home or away).

Why would I report you? I think its funny 😂

16 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Why not answer the question though Cambridgeo, I back you in most things as your posting amuses me mostly. Of course, it's no one's business but your own. 

I'll go first if you like... My last city game was Swansea at home a couple(3) of years back, 1 nil win. Would have seen a few more but for Covid/ travel.  restrictions. ....that didn't hurt a bit. Nor will any ensuing insults for lack of attendance. 

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Why would I report you? I think its funny 😂

Stop moaning then.

Look at me, look at me.....

I'll ask again.....coz I'm curious in a thread you started about attendances, when did you last attend a match involving Norwich (first team, home or away).

BTW just tagged you in another thread about a pub in Cambridge,  hope thats OK. Be careful though someone else has mentioned your thread starting tenancies. 

Edited by Greavsy

26 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

You just need to adopt the mentality that is the opposite of glory hunters, it's quite easy really. Disassociate your ego from the result and you'll be grand. Be umble, ever so umble. You know it makes sense, unlike Deanos game plan so far.

We’ve all adopted that mentality surely? That’s why we support Norwich. I only saw four matches last season and the best display was the grand 0.0 draw verses Brighton (I rewatch the highlights whenever I have time) 

I’m thinking more of the diehards who follow us home and away. Last season must have been soul destroying to witness. 

It's up to casual home fans to keep home attendances up this season as there will be far fewer away fans. Wigan will come on a skateboard.

I think it's to be expected that attendances will be slightly higher than average for the first home game of the season. Most sets of fans are feeling optimistic, the weather is nice and they haven't seen any competitive action for three months. 

But still, it's good for football as a whole to see increased attendances, especially after the pandemic.

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It's up to casual home fans to keep home attendances up this season as there will be far fewer away fans. Wigan will come on a skateboard.

A big skateboard Captain, from their official site. 

We have received an allocation of 1544 tickets, and with over 600 tickets already sold for the trip to Carrow Road, tickets are priced as follows:

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We’ve all adopted that mentality surely? That’s why we support Norwich. I only saw four matches last season and the best display was the grand 0.0 draw verses Brighton (I rewatch the highlights whenever I have time) 

I’m thinking more of the diehards who follow us home and away. Last season must have been soul destroying to witness. 

My lad is a diehard and attends many away matches. He went to Scotland for the friendlies, but couldn't face spurs at home for the last game of the season. Away games are about more than the football, its seeing other places, being with mates, and having a good time together.  If the football isn't good there are more distractions when you're away. 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

My lad is a diehard and attends many away matches. He went to Scotland for the friendlies, but couldn't face spurs at home for the last game of the season. Away games are about more than the football, its seeing other places, being with mates, and having a good time together.  If the football isn't good there are more distractions when you're away. 

Fair point but winning a few on the road makes the other pleasures far more enjoyable. 

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

A big skateboard Captain, from their official site. 

We have received an allocation of 1544 tickets, and with over 600 tickets already sold for the trip to Carrow Road, tickets are priced as follows:

That's half what we saw last season when many/most brought 3000.

41 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Stop moaning then.

Look at me, look at me.....

I'll ask again.....coz I'm curious in a thread you started about attendances, when did you last attend a match involving Norwich (first team, home or away).

BTW just tagged you in another thread about a pub in Cambridge,  hope thats OK. Be careful though someone else has mentioned your thread starting tenancies. 

I’ve got to stick up for Cambridgeshire here and say it would be a complete waste of money him attending a match. He wouldn’t see any action while he’s  posting away on the official match thread. 

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am curious also @cambridgeshire canary why you do not answer.

You appear to be obsessed with not answering.

Dont bully him Tilly!  ( i think his definition of bullying is being asked a question he wont answer - hed never survive a police interrogation or a cross examination!) 😉 

I think he must like the attention. 

That said he hasn't responded to the other thread about a pub in Cambridge on Saturday to watch the match. Maybe he isn't old enough to drink............

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

If we was to meet down the pub there is probably more chance of you buying the first round than Cambridge.

Then again he does always respect those who fund football. 

Must be something slightly dodgy with those numbers as.I am 16 miles from Carrow Road and 45 from the Abbey Stadium.