Sign in to follow this  
Blainsey

Protesting Idiots

Who are these idiots who want to protest in Morrisons car park before the game??? Or sing ''Worthy Out'' during matches?

What a bunch of tools.

So lets sack the man who:

1 - Saved us from relegation after Hamilton left,

2 - Took the club to the play-offs only losing on pens

3 - Got the club promoted to the Prem (who else achieved that? the ''messiah'' walker? the experienced manager rioch?)

4 - Almost kept the club in the Prem at the first time of asking

5 - Signed some great players such as Darren Huckerby, Dean Ashton either for a great bargain or under people''s noses

6 - Created a great backroom staff

So what is protesting going to achieve?

1 - Well it will undermine the player''s confidence, brilliant, so they are uncomfortable playing at home.

2 - Create an awful atmosphere for those who dont want Worthy to go

3 - Give our opponents a huge boost when they play us as they know some fans will give the team a hard time

4 - Waste Police time with this moronic behaviour.

I have no problem with people having an opinion, but have the intelligence to voice this in a different way.

Yours, a Canary Fan since 1985, who wants the team to succeed whoever is in charge.

4 - Almost kept the club in the Prem at the first time of asking:

what when we were 10 points from safety and he came out with the comment well I didnt want anyone to say they didnt get a chance just before playing Safri, Shackell and Helveg in their correct positions against Man Utd.

And he sees these players in training apparantly.  Low and behold at the end of the season what happened to the 3 players he replaced so belatedly: Holt and Eddy are shipped out and docherty is ordered to shape up and lose some weight!!!  after being undroppable for most of the season!!

A better manager would have KEPT us up.....  The easiest season to survive in premiership history

INEPT TOTALLY INEPT 

ANDY HUGHES IS A PLAYER I HAVE ADMIRED FOR SOME TIME - Nigel Worthington

1 - Saved us from relegation after Hamilton left -Five Years Ago
2 - Took the club to the play-offs only losing on pens - Four Years Ago
3 - Got the club promoted to the Prem (who else achieved that? the ''messiah'' walker? the experienced manager rioch?) -2 Years ago
4 - Almost kept the club in the Prem at the first time of asking - Almost but didn''t.  If he had won ONE away game we would have stayed up but we didn''t so it means nothing. 
5 - Signed some great players such as Darren Huckerby, Dean Ashton either for a great bargain or under people''s noses - Fair enough but they were hardly undiscovered talents.  He has also signed some really poor players.

[quote user="Blainsey"]

Who are these idiots who want to protest in Morrisons car park before the game??? Or sing ''Worthy Out'' during matches?

What a bunch of tools.

3 - Got the club promoted to the Prem (who else achieved that? the ''messiah'' walker? the experienced manager rioch?)

5 - Signed some great players such as Darren Huckerby, Dean Ashton either for a great bargain or under people''s noses

1 - Well it will undermine the player''s confidence, brilliant, so they are uncomfortable playing at home.

3 - Give our opponents a huge boost when they play us as they know some fans will give the team a hard time

I have no problem with people having an opinion, but have the intelligence to voice this in a different way.

Yours, a Canary Fan since 1985, who wants the team to succeed whoever is in charge.

[/quote]

1) 5 years ago- we cannot judge a manager on the past,

2) 4 years ago

3) He took us up,with the biggest transfer budget in the league

4) Almost aint good enough, and if he had signed better players, not fallen out with players, played players in there correct positions and used good, positive tactics (like west ham) we would have stayed up easily.

5) He has brought 5 good players in out of 40 odd. The fact is that most of worthys signings dont play, never impress or leave on the cheap when we have paid a big sum. Rivers, emblem anyone!

Oh and

6) a great backroom staff. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, the funniest thing i have heard all week.

Sorry ''Blimey'' but I see only one tool - and it ain''t the monkey wrench on my desk at the minute.

1 - Saved us from relegation after Hamilton left, 2 - Took the club to the play-offs only losing on pens, 3 - Got the club promoted to the Prem (who else achieved that? the ''messiah'' walker? the experienced manager rioch?) - Here''s an idea. STOP LIVING IN THE PAST!. For crying out loud, I acknowledge that Worthy has actually done us alot of good. I don''t deny that Worthy has also gotten us into a far better position now than we were in when Hamilton left. But let''s assess the position found now, shall we?

• A team of players assembled with more money than I think any Norwich manager has ever had. Arguably one of if not the most talented squad in the division.
  • The most financially sound position since the days of being in the Premiership the first time.
  • The most supported team in the Championship.

So, why can''t this "young, talented manager" convert that totally enviable position into success? I''ll tell you why. Because of his fundamental flaws;

• His tactical nouse is about as bad as it comes. Playing a 4-3-3 at Reading when they rely heavily on their wingers and full backs. Making completely bizarre substitutions - 1-0 down and bringing Doherty to play at right back, for instance when he play up front.
  • His transfers have been entirely questionable. Firstly he released/sold more players than we bought in in a team that is incredibly small anyhow. To answer this we rely on short term loans which are totally rubbish for consistency within the team.
  • Secondly, the ability of the rest he brought in are totally questionable. Sure, we need to bring in squad players - but frankly everyone we''ve brought in (with the exception of Earnshaw) are completely underwhelming and deserving of squad player at best.
  • The training he and his staff institute. Why the heck does no one realise that in all the seasons he''s been here, the injury rate has been incredibly high!? This can''t be a coincidence.
  • The total inability to bring through talented youngsters. Why can''t we actually keep faith in youngsters like Jarvis, Jarvis, Henderson, Lewis, Shackell et al. Why did we release Danny Crow when the lad was obviously potentially talented.
  • Penultimatly this insistance to include personal favourites like Hughes, Thorne and Fleming over players that deserve a chance. The Safri and Helveg incident last year is testament to that.Not to mention his insistence on playing the big man little man combo for some unfathomable reason.

4 - Almost kept the club in the Prem at the first time of asking - Yeah, because we were so going to stay up when we didn''t win a game away all season.

5 - Signed some great players such as Darren Huckerby, Dean Ashton either for a great bargain or under people''s noses - Yeah, he signed some great players didn''t he. Huckerby. Ashton. Sure. Argueably Francis (half a season wonder). Drury. Yeah. Safri, definatly. Hmmm... Edworthy? Maybe. Svensson and Leon, I''d also say. Eight players. Eight out of close to 40. The full list (minus Dickson Etuhu for some reason) is http://www.worthyout.co.uk/stats.html.

6 - Created a great backroom staff - Who are so great they can''t even teach the players to stay onside or remain motivated. They''re a great assest they are!

Blainsey,

You clearly have forthright views on the subject which is your right. Please put them forward at the meeting tomorrow night so that we can discuss them.

As others have said, your reasons are mostly HISTORIC. Whilst that is important and must be a factor in the assessment of Worthy surely you must appreciate that any organisation and manager must adapt to change, if not they will become outdated and fail.

Worthy (and the club) has had the benefit of TWO share issues since he took over (and before promotion) - Rioch especially and also Walker, had none so I think your comparison has flaws. Also, for example,  Riochs''s plans in summer ''99 were devastated by the season long serious injuries to two key players in Mulryne and Bellamy - he received no money to replace them. Contrast with Worthy who had NO serious injuries (unless you count Zema Abbey) in his promotion season and was given loan money and then transfer money to land Huckerby, Mckenzie and Svennson (+ Crouch, Harper on loan).

Worthy may have done well for Norwich and I salute him for that but how much longer must these HISTORIC arguments prevail?       

1 - Saved us from relegation after Hamilton left,

Run up the bunting, order the marching band that’s the best justification I’ve seen for keeping a man who is doing his level best to make sure we are a whole load worse than when he took over.

It if you give a chimpanzee long enough it will write the entire works of Shakespeare, try shouting “Come on Cheetah” at the dugout on a Saturday afternoon you’ll see our Nigel come running soon enough.

2 - Took the club to the play-offs only losing on pens

And managed to grasp failure from the jaws of success by bringing on Daryl Sutch when were defending a free kick. He then let the same hapless buffoon actually take a penalty.

3 - Got the club promoted to the Prem (who else achieved that? the ''messiah'' walker? the experienced manager rioch?)

Several managers who have managed us in the past and there are many other capable of doing the same again. Given the resources available to that man this season the fact that he hasn’t managed to this season is unforgivable

4 - Almost kept the club in the Prem at the first time of asking

Just as he did in Cardiff he managed to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory in such impressive style at Craven Cottage.

5 - Signed some great players such as Darren Huckerby, Dean Ashton either for a great bargain or under people''s noses

He signed Andy Hughes, the case for the prosecution rests

I’m guessing your talking about Mavis the tea lady as I struggle to think who else yours talking about

None the less I am not fluent in Troll so I’ll need to study your post in more detail later on.

thanks blainsey       i dont mind being called a idiot at all but have the club at heart . i will be protesting on sat . if  your happy what your seen this season home & away , all i have  to say to you that your very easy pleased. hope you shout loud on sat with your worthy in , because cant really see many joining in with you .  yours from a canary fan who has been going since 1970/1 seasons & a season ticket holder, who wants the team to succeed respects  on the ball city .  [8o|]

Another fan living in the past, i am no idiot MATE!!! I love this club and will always support the players on the field but the man in charge needs to be performing now and not living on past glorys... TUT!!

CHANGE IS GOOD!!!

To be honest I have no problem with a protest in Morrisons carpark even though I am a total supporter of Worthington and his tenure at the club. However I do have a MAJOR problem with the people who are trying to organise stay aways or silent protests during the matches. At this time what the players need is the full support of the fans, a few years ago we were guaranteed the best atmosphere of any ground, consistently full and consistently loud, this season that has been undermined by people who think that they know what''s best, what they fail to appreciate is that the negative atmosphere they create is forming a self fulfilling prophecy, whenever people get on the bak of the players it is ounter productive... Don''t get me wrong the players are also at fault hwere but let''s not forget that this season there have been over 85 injuries!!! and a raft of new players who needed to play in a consistant team soon after there arrival to have any chance of bedding in well quickly. In all honesty which new face has had that chance? Perhaps only Calum Davenport, and lo and behold, he was one of our best players whilst he was here...

At the end of the day, bitch all you want, but always, always stay behind the team. The situation now is so different from that 10 years ago and yet some sections of the fanbase are treating it the same, get a sense of proportion and just be thankfull that due to Worthy and the Board today there is even a Norwich City to support, let alone one to bitch about...

[quote user="Blainsey"]

What a bunch of tools.

[/quote]I''m speechless....some of your points...where have you  been the last 2 years?....speeechless!!

[quote user="cornish sam"]

To be honest I have no problem with a protest in Morrisons carpark even though I am a total supporter of Worthington and his tenure at the club. However I do have a MAJOR problem with the people who are trying to organise stay aways or silent protests during the matches. At this time what the players need is the full support of the fans, a few years ago we were guaranteed the best atmosphere of any ground, consistently full and consistently loud, this season that has been undermined by people who think that they know what''s best, what they fail to appreciate is that the negative atmosphere they create is forming a self fulfilling prophecy, whenever people get on the bak of the players it is ounter productive... Don''t get me wrong the players are also at fault hwere but let''s not forget that this season there have been over 85 injuries!!! and a raft of new players who needed to play in a consistant team soon after there arrival to have any chance of bedding in well quickly. In all honesty which new face has had that chance? Perhaps only Calum Davenport, and lo and behold, he was one of our best players whilst he was here...

At the end of the day, bitch all you want, but always, always stay behind the team. The situation now is so different from that 10 years ago and yet some sections of the fanbase are treating it the same, get a sense of proportion and just be thankfull that due to Worthy and the Board today there is even a Norwich City to support, let alone one to bitch about...

[/quote]

andy hughes has played near on 30 games for city.  I am yet to see anything in his play to warrant the spending of 550,000, let alone him be a first team regular.

[quote user="cornish sam"]

[/quote]everybody is thankful for what worthy has achieved,  its just  that many , many fans have formed the opinion he should move on.  worthy''s call for a wall of noise before the brighton match brought instead a wall of silence - the good people of ncfc gave their verdict - if the board and manager have chosen to ignore that and other fan opinion before and since, then its inevitable protests will follow.  i actually thought the atmosphere against derby was pretty decent considering.

I have no problem with people having an opinion, but have the intelligence to voice this in a different way.yeah like you did!  thanks for the laugh blainsey - very amusing. got any more pearls of wisdom?

I admire loyalty, I think it is a great character in people. However I don''t think having head stuck in the past/sand is a good quality. If we continue to slouch down the table, do you think all our decent players will stay at the club? How are we going to attract further talent to a under-performing team playing unattractive football?

Unfortunately as fans we have very little ways of showing we are unhappy, and the only truely effective ones are not going to games or renewing season tickets (which most of us don''t want to do) or protesting (be it in silence or very vocal fashion)

I pay my money, I travel all round the country, I have stcuk by my team through the dark Hamilton days, I have shown ''infinite patience'', but enough is enough. i can''t stand by and watch my football team be destroyed. We were a championship winning side, we''re now mid-table and and often outplayed. The trend is downwards, and inaction is not acceptable.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Alan Johnson wrote

Yet another prize idiot!

Don''t care what you wrote Alan but your Avatar is an absolute classic!

[/quote]

"King Ted Head!" Which one''s Joe?

Anyway back to the topic...............I''m a ''procrastrinating idiot'' ''so'' "Mr/Ms Brainsy Hockey Coach type person" whatever..........Did it against Tubster Chase, so maybe I''ll get involved lat.....er! Depends on the ''weather'' on Saturday.....''whether'' I can be @rsed or not........ ;~)

[quote user="Blainsey"]

[/quote] Oh and calling us idiot and tools is intelligent is it??? Ok you might not agree with this mode of protest but that is your opinion. Why are we idiots and tools for having a different opinion? You talked about ignorance on another thread - this seems like an ignorant mode of thought to me!! I''m sure lots of us could make some pretty rude remarks about your comments on this post but then that would be stooping to a low level!

I totally agree that Worthy got us out of a dire situation - you can''t say he saved us from relegation though - I doubt we would have gone down, anyway we''ll never know. However I have huge respect for Worthy for getting us to the play off final and for getting us promoted but as I''ve said before you can''t live on past glories which you seem to be doing!

Yes we almost survived last season but it wasn''t exactly the greatest season ever was it with some pretty poor signings, poor defending and dubious tactics. Doesn''t the fact we almost survived last season in the premiership make our current position of 13th (without a chance of reaching the playoffs now) seem even worse and pathetic??

You say Worthy has signed some great players - yes Hucks, Ashton, McKenzie, Svensson and Safri have been good/great signings but for those five how many bad players has he signed??? It would take too long to name them all!

Great backroom staff?? If they are that great how come the team is playing so badly then??? Anyway what''s the point of having great backroom staff if your team is performing badly???

The board are being very stubborn and are wrong in many peoples opinion for not sacking Worthy. Protests appear the only way to get the message across. Yes it''s a shame that its come to this but it''s not ''moronic'' behaviour provided the protests are peoperly ordered - i.e. no violence!

How else would you suggest we voice our opinion to the board who blatantly refuse to listen to the fans??

You can''t keep a manager at a football club, just because they have done well in the past, otherwise nearly every single club would have the same manger they did 10 years ago. Most managers do well in their first two or three seasons. The really succesful managers, manage to do it for many seasons, but these are few and far between. Think how many manager have won trophies, but are no longer at their respective clubs. And many of these have been more successful then NW.

Yes he did do a good job for us, but he has always been tacticly poor..at best defensive, at worst naive. Ever since he took over, he has always encouraged the team to sit back deep, and try to defend a one goal lead, something we are truly awful at. It was this tactical weakness, that took the play-off final to penalties in the first place, bringing on Sutch to defend a 1-0 lead!

As for staying in the Prem, if we had only managed to do something that even Sunderland have managed, and win AWAY, we would still be there. At many of the away games I went to last season, it was almost as if we felt we shouldn''t really be there (mind you this season has been worse, as at several I don''t think we have been there!!). Wigan and West Ham have both shown what a little positive thinking can acheive. As for Mick McCarthy, I''m sure hes a NW clone.

Hucks and Ashton were/are indeed his best signings, but lets not forget the really poor signings he has made this year.

Enoughs, enough////taxi fo NW.

i totally agree with Blainsey, protesting is pointless.

It will only drop the team morale and Worthy''s confidence. Then we will start losing games. Do you really want that to happen to this club?

I think if you think about it enough you''ll realise that the best thing that could happen is for the team to win loads from now on and Worthy to therefore stay, and continue being the ''god'' he was 2 seasons ago.

"It will only drop the team morale and Worthy''s confidence. Then we will start losing games."

I think that you''re being serious with that comment. If you are, then - What do you think is happening at the moment??!! We''ve been losing games hand over fist!