• Haha 2

Thought you said this league was ours earlier

Get the **** out of the way

• Haha 1

Expectations were higher than the ability of this squad

Early days but another goalless performance 

Would have been nicer to lose 4-3

1 minute ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

By the look of a lot of the posts since kick off, I would say we need some actual fans.

Yeah that’s what we need.  It isn’t results and performances on the pitch,, it’s fans that are prepared to ignore all the evidence in front of them and turn a blind eye…

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

By the look of a lot of the posts since kick off, I would say we need some actual fans.

Exile who doesn’t go to any games detected

Let Smith get his players in, and post the window being, let him integrate them. If we're still bottom half by Chistmas, that's the time to start thinking about a change, not right now.

In Farke's 1st season we finished 14th.So by all acounts of people on here, he shouldn't have lasted beyond that season! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Smith had his equivalent of finishing 14th in the Championship. It was 27 games in the PL last year. He got 17 points and he never looked remotely like knowing what he was doing. If he hasn't delivered by the World Cup break, he should go.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Exile who doesn’t go to any games detected

What relevance would that have?  I presume you’re ‘better’ with a more worthy opinion if you live “local”?   From experience it tends to make some people rather small-minded and unable to see the bigger picture.  There is a big world outside Norwich.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

Smith had his equivalent of finishing 14th in the Championship. It was 27 games in the PL last year. He got 17 points and he never looked remotely like knowing what he was doing. If he hasn't delivered by the World Cup break, he should go.

Don't forget the defeats at Villa before he arrived here.

• Like 1

When we lost Farke we lost our identity.  I thought the sporting director idea was to provide consistency - we changed coach and a whole way of playing.  I can’t see Smith stopping long. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, FCC said:

When we lost Farke we lost our identity.  I thought the sporting director idea was to provide consistency - we changed coach and a whole way of playing.  I can’t see Smith stopping long. 

That is what I thought the long term plan was. Similar to Watford and others(but less OTT) we would get a new coach that plays to the style we have already set up. The old one goes, the new one comes in with some fresh ideas on coaching and training etc but keeping the ethos. Same, same but different.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

image.thumb.jpeg.bbacbba8f3edf52333ab1e5f519cfc5d.jpeg

No style 

No authority over the players

Wet look gel and cuppas on the touchline

who the fûçk is this guy?

We used to have a guy with style in charge.

DER-PATRIOT-scaled-e1599409056980.jpg

He just doesn’t inspire anyone, how many of the players today looked up for it? Maybe Todd and Onel when he came on but the rest showed zero passion or intent. That’s not mentioning the fact we have no noticeable style or play or tactics, as well as the bizarre subs. Smith to date, has done absolutely nothing and I really can’t see it changing. 

• Like 2

I’m no big Dean Smith fan, but does anyone think Pep or Klopp could get a tune out of Sargent or Rashica? Like f@&k!

You have to upgrade the squad but in our case our squad was worse last season than the season before and is still worse than 2 seasons ago. It’s a joke. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingston Yellow said:

How is it, people can’t see that the problems start and stop with the Board? It stuns me how stupid some folks are.

1 hour ago, Kingston Yellow said:

I’m no big Dean Smith fan, but does anyone think Pep or Klopp could get a tune out of Sargent or Rashica? Like f@&k!

You have to upgrade the squad but in our case our squad was worse last season than the season before and is still worse than 2 seasons ago. It’s a joke. 

Exactly, which is why it amazes me why you can't see that the problems start and stop with the Director of Football.

The Director of Football who has recruitment as one of his major responsibilities and priorities.

The Director of Football who was given a decent pile of cash to spend by the board last summer and blew it on a bunch of players which you say yourself made the squad worse than it was the previous season - hard to understand why you are trying to blame others for his failures.

7 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Exactly, which is why it amazes me why you can't see that the problems start and stop with the Director of Football.

The Director of Football who has recruitment as one of his major responsibilities and priorities.

The Director of Football who was given a decent pile of cash to spend by the board last summer and blew it on a bunch of players which you say yourself made the squad worse than it was the previous season - hard to understand why you are trying to blame others for his failures.

Are you drunk? That’s exactly my point.

3 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

Let Smith get his players in, and post the window being, let him integrate them. If we're still bottom half by Chistmas, that's the time to start thinking about a change, not right now.

In Farke's 1st season we finished 14th.So by all acounts of people on here, he shouldn't have lasted beyond that season! 

We dont have money for Smith to get his players in...its all tied up in our current playing squad of whom some we will struggle to shift

These players who webber thought were good enough for the premier lge but now might not be good enough for this league

...£10m on Tzolis who apparantly "wouldnt contribute much" in this championship season according to the club

2 hours ago, Clint said:

He just doesn’t inspire anyone, how many of the players today looked up for it? Maybe Todd and Onel when he came on but the rest showed zero passion or intent. That’s not mentioning the fact we have no noticeable style or play or tactics, as well as the bizarre subs. Smith to date, has done absolutely nothing and I really can’t see it changing. 

Nailed it.

Webber only appointed him in a vain attempt to prove that his expensively assembled squad was good enough - it wasn't. Obviously.

Farke was the best coach we've had in my cognisant lifetime. We had an identity and he had a connection with us fans.

Under Smith, we have neither.

Smith? The man who brought us relegation last season. The Head Coach who can inspire nobody,  who can motivate no squad. The man who has moved my opinion from indifference through contempt to outright animosity! There appears to be absolutely no Club identity, direction  or ethos. How long do we continue with this failing set up? Losing to a very poor Cardiff ? Shameful. Really.

7 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I'll be saying that and smugly reminding everyone ive been saying it since we were relegated when we are sat bellow expectations in October - January when our board finally pull the trigger.

Oh my god I want to be wrong!!!

You wont be wrong

• Sad 1

No it's not pants wetting we are a club with big aspirations.

Our board needs to be taking this result as seriously as the Colchester loss.

The team we pedestrian against a poor quality Cardiff team and if people in the board are not actively looking over the shortlist or sending out feelers for a new progressive manager then it's extremely concerning.

1 minute ago, Nexus_Canary said:

No it's not pants wetting we are a club with big aspirations.

Our board needs to be taking this result as seriously as the Colchester loss.

The team we pedestrian against a poor quality Cardiff team and if people in the board are not actively looking over the shortlist or sending out feelers for a new progressive manager then it's extremely concerning.

McNally had the guts to admit he made a mistake with Gunn and act accordingly to remove him

Webber is gutless, he won’t act or admit he got it wrong

We’ve gone from no plan B, to no plan A.  I think the players see him as a loser and aren’t buying into him at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FCC said:

We’ve gone from no plan B, to no plan A.  I think the players see him as a loser and aren’t buying into him at all.

There are signs the players are either not interested or are extremely frustrated with how things are going under Smith. 

Rashica is clearly not interested. Krul, Hanley, Pukki and McLean looked a bit pissed off to me, apparently McLean had a bit of a dig in a post match interview? All leading to a lack of discipline and focus on the pitch. Cardiff dragged us down to their level, roughed us up and beat us. They won't have many easier games than that this season.

14 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Premier League games aren't remotely comparable to Championship games in terms of the challenge they represent to the players. 

• Like 1