Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Omobamidele getting away with one today..

Anyone know what sparked it? I got no clue. Just seems like Ng must have said something about then Andrew just comes flying in from nowhere shoving him to the floor, and then somehow Hanley gets blamed but thankfuly only gets a yellow. (Good on him for taking it rather than snitching on his tean mate I suppose..) Either way, very stupid stupid stuff from Omobamidele. I mean, I get he's young but come on. No place for that nonsense, now if we had VAR who knows what else could have happend as a resut.

Given the standard of officiating and what the Cardiff players have been able to get away with today, I’m not going to fault Andy for this one.

• Like 2

He actually pushed another player over earlier if I remember correctly and completely got away with it.

He should have got the yellow (maybe red in his case) that Hanley got.

Looked really hot headed at times today, older heads need to have a word.

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Dunno why he started unless we have injury problems. He is not ready 

Let’s look at the CB list pre-game:

Hanley - played

Gibson - Injured

Omo - played

Who am I missing?

• Like 1

Smith will probably have a quiet word. But thought he played well. Serious aggression when he goes for headers!!

Stepped out well and I liked the fact that lungi stepped back to make a three at times allowing us to play 3-4-3. 

Bit hot headed I guess but I'd rather that then a defender that won't get stuck in

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I don't agree at all. I thought he looked pretty good. Progressive with the ball like Godfrey was but better at actually defending. I'd pick him ahead of Hanley.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I thought he reacted to the second 'extra' challenge on Pukki.

Yes, I thought so.  He'll hopefully learn from it.  Poor old Hanley went off for about half a yellow.

43 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Letting Zimmermann go is looking a bit silly now.

We let Klose go and then Zimmerman without adding any new bodies. Only having 3 recognised CBs has bitten us in the past, lessons have not been learned.

45 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Letting Zimmermann go is looking a bit silly now.

But don't you know that we have a bloated squad and it's about quality not quantity and all that........... 

The frustration is plain to see on the players. A few Prima Donnas on the pitch today (eg Rashica) who weren't up for the scrap. A harsh learning that will do them good in the long run.

It doesn't look a happy camp at the moment.

3 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

AO may have been rash today and (apparently) should 100% have been sent off but he's the best centre half we have. He will become our most expensive sale in another year (maybe two). 

10 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Once Smith took Sorenson off we struggled. If he was injured then fair enough. If  not then Smith is an idiot

Smith is fixated on energy etc. and forcing mistakes out of the opposition. That is not Sorenson's role which is to break pkay up and move the ball to creative players.  McLean is unfortunately Deano's ideal but that is my biggest issue with Smith. He really doesn't know what he has got and how to get the best out of them and reverts to mediocrity under stress.  You probably won't be surprised I would have preferred McLean to be subbed yesterday (despite him having the only real chance in the closing period). He was at fault for Sawyers goal ("after you sir"). Until the forays into the opposition half late in the 2nd, McLean was anonymous.

I know some on here will take the **** but Sorenson is my choice to sit in a two. McLean, if we have any ambition, shouldn't start, like Sargent. But it's all about opinions.

• Like 1

Our centre back pairing next week will be interesting, either Sorensen or Tomkinson to partner AO, could be a nightmare!

Edited by TheBaldOne66

13 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Once Smith took Sorenson off we struggled. If he was injured then fair enough. If  not then Smith is an idiot

I thought Gibbs did OK. I also thought Sorensen did OK. The main problems for me were Rashica and Sargent who showed no creative ability whatsoever. Rashica seems unable to work alongside other players as part of a unit, while Sargent simply lacks the skill required to be creative. Pukki was poor, too. I think he's lost heart.

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Smith is fixated on energy etc. and forcing mistakes out of the opposition. That is not Sorenson's role which is to break pkay up and move the ball to creative players.  McLean is unfortunately Deano's ideal but that is my biggest issue with Smith. He really doesn't know what he has got and how to get the best out of them and reverts to mediocrity under stress.  You probably won't be surprised I would have preferred McLean to be subbed yesterday (despite him having the only real chance in the closing period). He was at fault for Sawyers goal ("after you sir"). Until the forays into the opposition half late in the 2nd, McLean was anonymous.

I know some on here will take the **** but Sorenson is my choice to sit in a two. McLean, if we have any ambition, shouldn't start, like Sargent. But it's all about opinions.

I totally agree with this. Sorensen had a good game and I was baffled as to why he came off. We needed an anchor while we pressed on searching for an equaliser. After he can off we couldn't really keep the ball.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

I thought Gibbs did OK. I also thought Sorensen did OK. The main problems for me were Rashica and Sargent who showed no creative ability whatsoever. Rashica seems unable to work alongside other players as part of a unit, while Sargent simply lacks the skill required to be creative. Pukki was poor, too. I think he's lost heart.

Don't think Pukki's lost heart. Just totally p#ssed off with making runs and knowing that the ball is not coming his way at all. Must be demoralising!!Would'nt be a bit surprised to see him move on before the end of the window.At the moment our method of play does not suit him at all.As I said earlier,Sara and Nunez really need to be the answer or we will be in for a long frustrating season.

4 hours ago, Petriix said:

I totally agree with this. Sorensen had a good game and I was baffled as to why he came off. We needed an anchor while we pressed on searching for an equaliser. After he can off we couldn't really keep the ball.

I don't think anyone had what could be described as a good game. Sorensen, had an OK game, at best. I think Big Andy or Aarons were probably the best of a bad bunch for me.

19 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Anyone know what sparked it? I got no clue.

From Teemu’s reaction, someone (Ng?) stood on his ankle after he went down. So you can understand our players being upset, even if the reaction was OTT. Potentially leg breaking, although having said that I didn’t see what happened, maybe Teemu was acting up for the ref.

17 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

From Teemu’s reaction, someone (Ng?) stood on his ankle after he went down. So you can understand our players being upset, even if the reaction was OTT. Potentially leg breaking, although having said that I didn’t see what happened, maybe Teemu was acting up for the ref.

Yep, totally uncessary ****housing from NG. I would have sent him off there and then.

2 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I can't believe people are getting on his back for standing up and giving as good as we got from the Cardiff players. More of that attitude please!

While I agree with the sentiment of standing up for your fellow players, we don’t need any more red cards. So cool heads are required. Revenge is a dish best served cold and all that. 

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

While I agree with the sentiment of standing up for your fellow players, we don’t need any more red cards. So cool heads are required. Revenge is a dish best served cold and all that. 

Nuff Said, 

In my world, the best form of revenge is massive success, whether it is served hot or cold👍

3 hours ago, Ray said:

Nuff Said, 

In my world, the best form of revenge is massive success, whether it is served hot or cold👍

Agreed. A quick boot where it hurts is quicker and easier though.

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Missed a word out. Revenge is a dish best served cold-blooded.

EDIT: Mind you, one of my favourite moments in local football was triggering a complete set of a-holes in a match and nearly kicking a bloody race riot off due to it.

Edited by TheGunnShow