cambridgeshire canary

**Official lappinitup match thread Cardiff v Norwich**

8 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Hayden is a defensive midfielder which we really need two of.

Sara & Nunez don't have any record of creating or scoring goals.

Sorensen. Neat and tidy today, but partnered with McLean... little outlet. McLean is a ticking over sort of player. He does a bit of everything well, pops up with goals and through balls but not consistently.

People need to chill, we've started almost a month earlier than normal, the transfer window is open for another month. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Hilarious isn’t it

Only he completely made it up, no one said everything is fine whilst we were getting relegated and certainly not me.

8 minutes ago, chicken said:

Where do I say that?

No, it was a game where we needed to box clever. We were playing awful tactics assisted by an equally inept referee. Sometimes you have to change it up. As Mark Walton has said, those four yellow cards should have been a signal to get in their faces. Get at them, drive at them.

For me, the subs did that.

However, to say we were not creative is at best a half truth. Cantwell is on course to be one of our most fouled players again. 

However, we were not beaten at football today. We were beaten by a poor application of the laws of the game on a team whose primary focus was in stopping football from being played. 

Here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

Scottish ?

Nah, I feel that "Smith out" will be quite common phrase so this will speed it up and save a few keyboards.

We have to give Hayden & Sara a chance to be integrated into the team (& hopefully quickly) and hope we can bring some new additions in the freshen things up.

If rashica & Sargent aren't up to this, lets accept humble pie and get whatever we can, so SMith can get players in he wants, and believes can get the most out of. This is still pretty much the players that did nothing for Farke or Smith last season

I just don't believe Sargent will do anything, and we may bear more fruit starting with Hernandez or Sinani in that position, 

Edited by Samwam27
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Tell me why Smith deserves more than 11 games? It's all Farke got to bed in new signings, most of whom were crocked or not match fit.

After pissing the league the season before and having laid out a philosophy through the club from top to bottom and bringing on players who we sold for millions.

If he only gets 11 games grace, why should Smith get more?

We finished 14th in the Champs in Farke's first season (beneath Ipswich).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Whatever re-directs my energy from Twitter

Only the bravest or the foolish will venture there right now.

Yes it's an overreaction to a first game defeat, but you have to ask yourself why so many are thinking that way? The answer is very few on here wanted Smith as manager and very few trust him to get it right and can't wait for the first opportunity to get shot of him.

I'm struggling not to tbh, it's just the same old ****e every effing week.

• Like 3

Just now, horsefly said:

We finished 14th in the Champs in Farke's first season (beneath Ipswich).

Significantly different expectations on the season. 

Smith obviously deserves time but he'll be gone if we don't make the playoffs that's for sure.

3 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I'd suggest you look up "How to form a sentence" in a book of grammar before calling anyone else moronic....

What the **** are you talking about?

Coming at me with grammar complaints in a post that demonstrates a total lack of understanding in how to correctly use quotation marks.

Well played, genius.

We're seeing the sort of level you need to be at to think Smith was a smart appointment. 

3 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Such a relief! Such a huge relief 

imagine being one of those who defended him. Worst player I’ve seen play in a Norwich shirt

I’d have had Billy back today having watched that 😂 

23 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Have to say Cardiff did practically nothing to deserve the points - literally no threat at all.  Quite how we managed to concede and lose is beyond me.

Because Kenny ****ing McLean did not bother to close down Sawyers and block that shot. "There you go Romaine, I'll even point you towards goal if you like?"

Sargent is an MLS standard player and nothing more. Rashica looked like a rabbit in the headlights that wasn’t expecting this level of physicality. If neither are up to it then get rid 

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

This is our league. Everybody else, get the fûçk out of our way

That’s quite funny

Before reality strikes

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

We have to give Hayden & Sara a chance to be integrated into the team (& hopefully quickly) and hope we can bring some new additions in the freshen things up.

If rashica & Sargent aren't up to this, lets accept humble pie and get whatever we can, so SMith can get players in he wants, and believes can get the most out of. This is still pretty much the players that did nothing for Farke or Smith last season

I just don't believe Sargent will do anything, and we may bear more fruit starting with Hernandez or Sinani in that position, 

Hayden, Sara and hopefully Nunez will have to be the fastest integrations in the history of integrations. Our current midfield is utterly woeful.

4 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Did Farke get time to integrate Normann and PLM into the team?

12 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

10. 15 games of Smith will ruin us.

I still cannot get my head around how anyone with a modicum of sense thought replacing Farke with Smith was anything more that utterly moronic.

The problem we have is that Smith knows he is safe until he wins a game

2 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Maybe the difference being one was at PL level and one at Championship?? Farke had us playing like prime Barcelona at this level…

we should have got someone who played the Farke way i thought that was the way the club said it would work with a DOF 

we ripped up all Farke's work when we got smith ,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The performance and to a lesser extent the result in the first game was always going to be critical this season, from a morale perspective for both the fans and the team. That was shy te!

Just now, Van wink said:

The problem we have is that Smith knows he is safe until he wins a game

New manager at Christmas then?

17 minutes ago, corbs said:

Not sure how The Board have prevented Smith from putting on a decent showing v Cardiff

You’re part of the problem pal.  You clearly missed last season, where our squad was weaker than the season before, where Webber’s ego exceeded his competence, where the wrong man got fired and where we’ve signed 3 midfielders who either injured or completely unproven in this country or league.  The jury’s out on Smith but it’s not possible to assess him given the shambles that he’s operating under.

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Did Farke get time to integrate Normann and PLM into the team?

Yep, half a season or there abouts

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yes it's an overreaction to a first game defeat, but you have to ask yourself why so many are thinking that way? The answer is very few on here wanted Smith as manager and very few trust him to get it right and can't wait for the first opportunity to get shot of him.

I'm struggling not to tbh, it's just the same old ****e every effing week.

Very few fans wanted Smith? How do you know this? Have you asked all 20000 ticket holders?

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

Significantly different expectations on the season. 

Smith obviously deserves time but he'll be gone if we don't make the playoffs that's for sure.

Indeed he should! The simple truth is Smith will not be sacked after one game of the new season, so I really don't get the point of all this doom after just one crap result. I might add that those decrying replacing Farke with Smith are frequently the same suspects who were demanding Farke's sacking (happy to say I never did).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, percy varco said:

However, we were not beaten at football today. We were beaten by a poor application of the laws of the game on a team whose primary focus was in stopping football from being played. 

Here. 

And where is that inaccurate? So you think that Cardiff set up to outplay us? To try and play good football? You think the ref was right not to book pull backs that he saw and stopped play for?

Do you not think that had an impact on the game? If you don't, how do you explain an otherwise, normally laid back Norwich side, breaking and losing their rag at a side that had been deliberately fouling and disrupting the game for the 70mins to that point?

You think none of that was important to the game? That it wasn't front and foremost, purely our inability, lack of quality etc etc etc?