cambridgeshire canary

**Official lappinitup match thread Cardiff v Norwich**

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The most optimistic thing I can take from take from today is the same posters claiming we are no where near top 2 were the same posters doing the same in one of Farkes first games of our last title win, Derby at home I believe.

Where abouts do you think we'll finish?

Whats really concerning is only 1 shot on goal entire game. I know we know we lack creativity (& by heck lets hope sara gets up to speed quickly & Nunez is signed)

37 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

And will continue to do so.

Boost your efficiency by just writing Smout.

• Confused 1

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

And just like in all our relegation season you will be there to assure us everything is just fine - when it plainly isn’t 

I didnt assure you everything would be fine in our relegation seasons from the prem at any point but I did point out how stupid you were when you cried after the Derby game under Farke.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The most optimistic thing I can take from take from today is the same posters claiming we are no where near top 2 were the same posters doing the same in one of Farkes first games of our last title win, Derby at home I believe.

It's a shame that your kind of logic doesn't actually work Hoggo, or I'd be on my way to the bookies.... And I only do charity bets, on here. 😇

• Haha 1

Have to say Cardiff did practically nothing to deserve the points - literally no threat at all.  Quite how we managed to concede and lose is beyond me.

• Like 1

Just now, Virtual reality said:

Tick tock Dean Smith. You’ve got nowhere near enough good will in the bank to be serving up **** like that at championship level

How can anyone sane call out Dean Smith for the shambles he’s working under at Board level at NCFC? Idiots.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoolaOHoolahan said:

Where abouts do you think we'll finish?

My guess, having only seen one game and none of our new signings is 2nd or 3rd.

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Out-fouled and out-reffed you mean?

Rubbish utter rubbish. It’s excuse making like that, that makes me think some of you don’t even watch football. 

• Like 1

Well, that was the great confidence builder that we all needed. Bravo City, bravo.

• Haha 4

Thought we weren’t too bad first half but that was unacceptable, weak and embarrassing. Against a very poor side as well. 

Just not good enough. There will be no patience from me this season. 

7 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Lost to a team with 7 new playersndown to 10 ten, one shot on goal, Pukki injured, Hanley the latest CB to be unavailable for selection (sent off), the Emi buys Sargeant, Rashica all looking as effective as they where in the premiership.. still thing we are two 2? Said we weren't good enough this just reinforces my view unfortunately. We need a new sporting director as the current one has ruined the future.

They didn’t spend a penny on transfer fees either I believe. We just wait for things to happen and haven’t a clue how to make them happen now. 

Just now, Kingston Yellow said:

How can anyone sane call out Dean Smith for the shambles he’s working under at Board level at NCFC? Idiots.

Really? What has he ever done in his career that makes you think hes any good?

Just now, Michael Starr said:

Dean Smith in serious trouble here. Norwich HAVE to beat Wigan at home next week or it could start to turn on him.

Yep there'll be smashed keyboards and graffitied bedsheets by the dozen. 

• Haha 1

An absolute fvvvkking disgrace. Our goalscorer got injured, our captain lost his head and got sent off. We've got no idea how to move the ball forwards and if a miracle should happen and we do get into the final third, we have no idea what to do when we get there. As I've said from April, SMITH MUST GO.

Totally and utterly pathetic.

5 subs, all like for like, no philosophy, no discipline, clueless. He wanders the touch line and looks lost, like he's missing his minder.

We'll finish where Dean Smith sides normally finish. Around 10th.

Only a 1 nil loss and It's a good job we are in a lower league were our game plan will bear fruit. We did enough to hold out and maybe sneak a winner, but in the end luck went Cardiffs way. 

Just now, Spillay said:

He's right though? we have had precisely ONE shot on target all game, Pukki has done nothing, Rashica, Sargent, McClean, Dimi et all totally inept, frustrations spilling over with Hanley off/melee etc. Its a total mess. Yes its one game, but we've seen this show before way  too many times.

No, he's not. We have been repeatedly fouled before we can make advantage of breaking with pace, of having good situations. The ref has failed to punish repetitive and persistent fouling, even for by the book straight yellows.

DCB would have you believe that we are rubbish, created nothing because we played badly. Just listen to the professionals, commentators and journalists.

The main praise you can give Cardiff is that after the fouls etc, they got it right with the ten men they got behind the ball. Other than that, they offered nothing but a very clever way of stopping us from playing.

We need something a bit more from McLean and Sorensen, they won't be our first choice two in the middle, even as part of three. We needed a Howson in there, someone who can move the ball a bit faster. I think we saw that when Gibbs came on.

However, we were not beaten at football today. We were beaten by a poor application of the laws of the game on a team whose primary focus was in stopping football from being played. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kingston Yellow said:

Daniel Farke managed just fine at championship level under the same board…

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, chicken said:

Can't appeal yellows. 

Well that's a flaw in that plan then.  lol