cambridgeshire canary

**Official lappinitup match thread Cardiff v Norwich**

Lost to a team with 7 new playersndown to 10 ten, one shot on goal, Pukki injured, Hanley the latest CB to be unavailable for selection (sent off), the Emi buys Sargeant, Rashica all looking as effective as they where in the premiership.. still think we are top 2? Said we weren't good enough, this just reinforces my view unfortunately. We need a new sporting director as the current one has ruined the future.

Edited by Kenny Foggo

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Not a single new signing on the pitch speaks volumes for how poor a window we have had. It’s been such a frustrating afternoon but we are toothless 

Really, please just cease and desist. You keep throwing out so much rubbish, it just underlines what little clue you have.

• Like 1

Just now, Peregrine Shorts said:

It was two yellows so I doubt it

Yes, don’t think so - but it’ll only be one game out, I think 

4 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

As I have said earlier Smith has 9 more games left to prove he can manage a football team

I was going to say, surely Smith gets the trigger pulled after 11 games?

Until midfield options are available, you must get used to this ribbish, and maybe even then.  Smith should never have been given the job

• Like 2

Unless the new signings are amazing we are in for a really long season and mid table. Does anyone honestly still think Dean Smith is the right manager for Norwich? I know it's only one game and I hope he can turn it round. I just don't think he is a good enough manager.

• Like 1

Really is this good enough from a city side - confidence is taking a knock from game one -  were do we go from here has the same problems continue from last season- we need a complete change of direction has already it seems that coaches understand how city are going to be set up and play

• Like 1

We have been out thought, from a bottom.of.league last time.

One thing we know, we are far worse than burnley, the bookies have it very wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wibble said:

One thing we know, we are far worse than burnley, the bookies have it very wrong.

Out-fouled and out-reffed you mean?

Edited by Nuff Said

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

What a mess! Really needs to be sorted! Discipline poor, no idea of best 11 and really struggling to creat a chance, not one shot on target…….against a Cardiff team who were dismantled this summer and 13 players come in! Pretty ****e really!

Still as the normal stalwarts will say, it doesn’t matter it’s first game of the season!🤪🤪

Yes lack of discipline is new

1 minute ago, Wibble said:

Burnley played Huddersfield, a side that likes to get the ball down and play football. On this showing, Morison is making Pulis look like a manager who likes silky football.

It is the 1st game of the season, but I worry we'll persist with Rashica and Sargent and they'll do sweet eff all!

• Like 1

The most optimistic thing I can take from take from today is the same posters claiming we are no where near top 2 were the same posters doing the same in one of Farkes first games of our last title win, Derby at home I believe.

Seriously , Mclean needs to retire , he plays like a 40 yr old already

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Out-fouled and out-reffed you mean?

No, simply no, im watching , and no

1 minute ago, chicken said:

Really, please just cease and desist. You keep throwing out so much rubbish, it just underlines what little clue you have.

He's right though? we have had precisely ONE shot on target all game, Pukki has done nothing, Rashica, Sargent, McClean, Dimi et all totally inept, frustrations spilling over with Hanley off/melee etc. Its a total mess. Yes its one game, but we've seen this show before way  too many times.

Just now, hogesar said:

The most optimistic thing I can take from take from today is the same posters claiming we are no where near top 2 were the same posters doing the same in one of Farkes first games of our last title win, Derby at home I believe.

And posters who said this is the best championship squad in this division!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I hope Smith gets sacked quickly. Weve seen enough over last 6 months to know what he's about. Not good enough.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

You can't say that here. Shhhhh !

I'll be saying that and smugly reminding everyone ive been saying it since we were relegated when we are sat bellow expectations in October - January when our board finally pull the trigger.

Oh my god I want to be wrong!!!

There is a helluva lot riding on the shoulders of two unknown South-Americans to turn this shower of sh*te into a half-competitive footballing team……

3 minutes ago, chicken said:

We have been toothless; 1 shot on target. We've created very little. 

A draw would have been fairer as Cardiff haven't done much either.

Only 1 game though. 45 to go...

OTBC

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

And just like in all our relegation season you will be there to assure us everything is just fine - when it plainly isn’t 

• Like 5