cambridgeshire canary

**Official lappinitup match thread Cardiff v Norwich**

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Stats apparently 

Also it was supposedly running stats because of our lack of athleticism first time in the PL under Farke. They completely ignored the fact they are bad footballers.

• Like 3

Just now, Kingston Yellow said:

People also said Sargant would.  Not me.  Lots of effort but absolutely useless / clueless. 

It’s early days, but we need to be showing far more than this. First half I thought we were on complete control, second we have been poor.

Absolutely sums it up for me.

For 70mins Cardiff have kicked, pulled back and generally persistently fouled our players. A couple of bookings before a melee. Then, Hanley gets a 2nd yellow for something they have been doing all game... absolutely woeful officiating. I would be embarrassed with that in a Sunday League game let alone a professional one. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

If we can’t get our football going against Cardiff then it’s not looking great lol

As I have said earlier Smith has 9 more games left to prove he can manage a football team

• Like 1

Referee ****e,, welcome back to the championship.  Let far too much stuff go throughout the match and lead to this ****.  Then he had to even up the score, even though Hanley did eff all during the melee.  I'd appeal the two yellows 100%.

We were and have been rubbish however, referee aside.

Not sure why anyone is surprised here. Webber has been making our starting 11 weaker season by season, we are now reliant on returning loanees to provide something as our signings from last season don't look like footballers. 

1 shot on target all game, playing 10 men and its just like Newcastle all over again.

Smith's style of football makes Hughton's style seem orgasmic. 

Pukki now injured, Hanley sent off so one fit senior CB left in our squad. 

Us as fans need to do something as our club is getting killed in front of our eyes and we seem happy just to watch it happen. Mid table mediocrity here we come. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

What a mess! Really needs to be sorted! Discipline poor, no idea of best 11 and really struggling to creat a chance, not one shot on target…….against a Cardiff team who were dismantled this summer and 13 players come in! Pretty ****e really!

Still as the normal stalwarts will say, it doesn’t matter it’s first game of the season!🤪🤪

2 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Easy, you'll give yourself a hernia at this rate.

Ive got far worse, thanks for the concern though fella 🥱🤣

That's so bad it's just hilarious. Dearie me. To be fair, Cardiff have hardly done anything all game but chanced their arm and a deflection took it away from Krul. Then when we get a man advantage we blew it and went to 10 men ourselves.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s early days, but we need to be showing far more than this. First half I thought we were on complete control, second we have been poor.

I hear you, but anyone who watched Sarg last season could see that it’s not just Prem level he wasn’t up to. He’s inept.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Orly said:

Referee ****e,, welcome back to the championship.  Let far too much stuff go throughout the match and lead to this ****.  Then he had to even up the score, even though Hanley did eff all during the melee.  I'd appeal the two yellows 100%.

Can't appeal yellows. 

1 minute ago, BaltimoreBird said:

What a sloppy opening game. Can only get better, right? 🤔

I wouldn’t hold my breath!

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

Absolutely sums it up for me.

For 70mins Cardiff have kicked, pulled back and generally persistently fouled our players. A couple of bookings before a melee. Then, Hanley gets a 2nd yellow for something they have been doing all game... absolutely woeful officiating. I would be embarrassed with that in a Sunday League game let alone a professional one. 

Our issues are way deeper than a bad referre. I suspect in 4 more games times even the most ardent happy clappers will start turning  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Orly said:

Can’t appeal yellows

Not a single new signing on the pitch speaks volumes for how poor a window we have had. It’s been such a frustrating afternoon but we are toothless 

• Like 1

On a more positive note, Gibbs has used the ball well since he has come on. One would hope that he is in serious contention next week.