cambridgeshire canary

**Official lappinitup match thread Cardiff v Norwich**

My score prediction is 1-1 - I believe this will be a tough start for city and there is still alot of hard work to be done before  this city side will play has a cohesive unit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

No surprises in that line up, picks itself really. 

Sara or Dowell not ready for the bench it seems.

Only real question mark for me was Sargent or Sinani. I would have gone for Sinani, but I'm biased.

• Like 1

That’s close to our strongest line up, expect McClean and Sorensen to give way once Hayden and Sara are match fit.

Only slight concern to me is that 11 pretty much picks itself, be good to get injuries back and a couple of extra signings hopefully.

Will be interesting to see what the team and bench looks like when Gibbo, Hayden, Sara, Nunez, Dowell, Idah are all available.

We have a very strong squad compared to any other Championship squad. It really is down to Smith to get the right blend and tactics. There simply are no excuses for failure this season.

Let the games begin....

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

Are we allowed nine on the bench this season? In other words, we can't fill it at the moment?

7 only

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

My score prediction is 1-1 - I believe this will be a tough start for city and there is still alot of hard work to be done before  this city side will play has a cohesive unit

Agree with that and would take a draw tbh.

At least McLean and Sorensen should complement each other rather than try to do the same thing, as PLM and McLean did last season.

And, thin as it looks, it's a joy that Gilmour and Normann have gone forever from that midfield.

3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Agree with that and would take a draw tbh.

Much as some people will no doubt throw hissy fits at us drawig a draw away from home is never that bad

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

Gilmour and Normann have gone forever from that midfield

Window doesn't shut till the end of the month...😉

Sawyers and Ojo will be a threat, new team or not. Not an easy opener, and Cardiff look like they've beefed up well. Better look to get on the front foot early on.

McLean will have to watch that tendency to press on his own. Cantwell at number 10 in a free role is going to be fun. He's got to remember his work out of possession.

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

How good is it not to see wee Billy on the team sheet 🤣

Such a relief! Such a huge relief 

imagine being one of those who defended him. Worst player I’ve seen play in a Norwich shirt

• Like 1

Strong team but lacks flair 

if its a tight Game hopefully Cantwell can roll back a season or two and produce something for Pukki

Grinding out results is not a bad think early on