Sign in to follow this  
Ooh Ahh Lee Power

Maddison

I don’t know - look what manyoo paid for Sancho, and although he might come good, Maddison is good atm. 

14 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

£40M for Maddison makes Emi look like an expensive purchase at £33M.

Yes, agreed.

22 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Much as Maddison is a fantastic player I just don't see anyone paying that for him. Fair play for Newcastle for trying mind.

Really?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Much as Maddison is a fantastic player I just don't see anyone paying that for him. Fair play for Newcastle for trying mind.

.... he's a snip at 40 mill, at today's prices 60 would be the going rate. 

• Like 1

What is going on with Leicester?

Looks like Schmeichel is going, Maddison could be off, others rumoured to leave and they still haven't bought anyone yet.

A sell on clause gives a club a certain percentage of the profit a club makes when they sell him on. York inserted a 10% sell on clause when we signed Ben Godfrey, and so when we sold him to Everton we had to give York about £2.5m

I don’t remember us putting a sell on clause in Maddison when we sold him but from what everyone’s saying it sounds like we must have. Sell on clauses tend to be in the range of 10 - 20%

3 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

What is going on with Leicester?

Looks like Schmeichel is going, Maddison could be off, others rumoured to leave and they still haven't bought anyone yet.

They've all been asked to chip in for Vardy's wife's court case bill and thought "F*uck that I'm off!"

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

A sell on clause gives a club a certain percentage of the profit a club makes when they sell him on. York inserted a 10% sell on clause when we signed Ben Godfrey, and so when we sold him to Everton we had to give York about £2.5m

I don’t remember us putting a sell on clause in Maddison when we sold him but from what everyone’s saying it sounds like we must have. Sell on clauses tend to be in the range of 10 - 20%

It’s 15% of any profit. 

B3569810-CD24-45CC-9BB2-54B25A3B8947.png

Edited by vlad666

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

15% of anything above £24m, more-or-less. So if Leicester get £60m for him, we'd get just over £5m.

The problem is that the original fee was a bit smoke-and mirrors (with various add ons like international clause), but whatever we’d definitely be in for a reasonable amount. 

Maddison is a great player, that he’s not played for England (competitively) is ridiculous.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Maddison is a great player, that he’s not played for England (competitively) is ridiculous.

Due to his attitude, we are led to beleive. 

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Due to his attitude, we are led to beleive. 

Big time Charlie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

15% of anything above £24m, more-or-less. So if Leicester get £60m for him, we'd get just over £5m.

That’s five new players

4 minutes ago, Alfie54 said:

That’s five new players

We're not in League One 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not when you think Grealish went for £100m!

5 minutes ago, rock bus said:

But  that was a release clause, which is slightly different surely. 

I despise release clauses personally. 

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

But  that was a release clause, which is slightly different surely. 

I despise release clauses personally. 

Why would it be different? Just because there's a release clause, doesn't mean they can't offer lower to start with. 

17 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Must admit that given the choice I'd pick Maddison. He's definitely worth a lot more than £40m. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Why would it be different? Just because there's a release clause, doesn't mean they can't offer lower to start with. 

What would the point of that be?

Its like a reserve price at an auction. 

Just now, Greavsy said:

What would the point of that be?

Its like a reserve price at an auction. 

The point is not paying as much. No. It entirely isn't like a reserve price. A release clause is not an indication of present value at the time of contract signature (maybe years before the proposed sale) It's a guarantee to the player that the club won't stand in his way if they get a massive offer in future. If you're a buying club and a player you want has a release clause, you would be mad to immediately just offer that, unless you are in desperate need, as maybe they would accept less. Maybe a player had a huge potential at the time of contract signature but hasn't developed as expected, would you still play the release clause? Of course not.

Be a massive step down going from leicester to newcastle though, can you see him going for it? 

10 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Release clauses work differently to that. In most cases they are requested by the player. If it's around a fee, it tends to mean if a bid around or above a certain amount is tabled, the player has to be told and is automatically allowed to speak to the team who tabled it.

Essentially, it takes the owning club out of the equation. Sure, a lower offer can be put in, that might be accepted, but unlike an auction, there is usually dialogue first.

6 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Leicester have FFP issues - can't buy until they sell. 

Says it all doesn't it. Team that is pretty consistently mid-table/top half these days still can't throw money around like a team freshly bought out by a middle-eastern state with questionable motives because of FFP... How on Earth are Newcastle able to consider offers of the like they are if Leicester can't?

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

.... he's a snip at 40 mill, at today's prices 60 would be the going rate. 

At least anyone who thinks he’s worth any less I would suggest have a vendetta against him coz he left Nodge