Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Huddersfield v Burnley

It's really refreshing to see Burnley actually playing football. Relegation is probably the best thing that could have happened to them. The Championship is far more interesting than the Premier League for anyone outside the top 6.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Petriix said:

It's really refreshing to see Burnley actually playing football. Relegation is probably the best thing that could have happened to them. The Championship is far more interesting than the Premier League for anyone outside the top 6.

I'm sure they're loving barely beating Huddersfield rather than playing Manchester City, Liverpool and Spurs. 

Interesting that Burnley have also signed their first-ever Brazilian*. Not just us looking in that market post-Brexit.

*Yes, I know about Andy Hughes 

Burnley clearly the better side and deserved the points. Huddersfield could be in trouble on this showing.

Was hoping Burnley would take time to adapt to the new style but they look like they've balanced it well. Look a good side considering where we are in the season. Certainly better than anything we've served up in pre season.

That being said Huddersfield looked really poor.

We'll need to see Burnley against a few more teams to know whether this new style will succeed or whether it was huddersfield just heing sh!te

Watford still the favoirites for me...if Sarr and Dennis are still there on 1st Sept , theyre to team to beat

Only caught an hour of the match but Burnley looked comfortably better than Huddersfield, who look a long way from being playoff contenders this season. It is however, far too early to tell.

Burnley looked solid without having much to contend with, their lack of natural goalscorers looking their biggest weakness at the moment.

Was hoping for a 0-0 draw as that’s always best when the season kicks off - us to win with a clean sheet and all the other teams to draw 0-0. Looking at the match stats I’m now very interested to see how we do in our game against Huddersfield in a few weeks time. Can’t judge any team by their opening game of the season though as there’s still another 45 games to be played

Huddersfield looked dreadful in significant parts, Burnley looked reasonably competent. Certainly there was nothing in either teams' performance to concern City. It is of course the first game of the season so nowt of significance can be concluded at such an early stage.

9 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We'll need to see Burnley against a few more teams to know whether this new style will succeed or whether it was huddersfield just heing sh!te

Watford still the favoirites for me...if Sarr and Dennis are still there on 1st Sept , theyre to team to beat

Rob Edwards: 

"When you’re talking about deals for large amounts of money then the details have to be right for everybody involved. You’ve got both clubs, the player, then there’s agents involved too. That makes it difficult to get big-money moves done.

“It’s why some of these transfers, not just here but at every club, can take the full length of a transfer window to complete. The main thing is we are ready and prepared for all eventualities.”

I really don't think they're going to be. If they leave late window, Watford have to panic buy to replace them, overpaying for lesser players. I think this is the worst outcome for them and fortunately the most likely!