Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Huddersfield v Burnley

Huddersfield getting to the play off final last year was a really clear indication of how weak this league is.

Just now, king canary said:

Huddersfield getting to the play off final last year was a really clear indication of how weak this league is.

More to so with the excellence of the previous manager ,who sadly for Hudders decided to leave.

Burnley is sure playing some good football! They also have lots of variation in building the chances, so hard team to defend against

6 minutes ago, MORDENCANARY said:

Burnley look like they'll be right up there. Uddersfield look like they're in for a long season.

I'm sorry I think it's more Huddersfield being poor than Burnley looking good. 

• Like 2

Burnley have lost a fair few players but their core is still PL, whereas Huddersfield seem to have had to tighten their belts a little too much along with their manager leaving…not a great mix

Huddersfield punched well above their weight last season, and even if they'd kept their squad together, they would've found it extremely difficult to mount another promotion challenge. The fact they've lost several important players, and Corboran, means they're likely to finish mid-table at best (and I was thinking that before kick off).

• Like 1

There is no way Burnley can play at that level intensity over 90 minutes for 46 games.

West Brom started that way last season and soon ran out of steam.

Nothing proven after 45 minutes. Whilst  I do think they'll be in the top 6, Huddersfield do look pretty rubbish.

We tonked Blackburn 4-1 away in the opening game a few years back and finished 8th

22 minutes ago, MORDENCANARY said:

Difficult to fully get a handle on Kompany's Burnley due to just how poor the opposition have been.

Yeah, this. Luton, Watford and Hull in their next three after this... how many points they have after four games will be a much better barometer of where they're at.

4 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Huddersfield still in lockdown or something?  Whole lower tier is closed off.

That's down to ticket sales, isn't it? Rather than open a fourth stand with all the costs that entails (staff, stewarding etc) they close it unless ticket sales justifies. 

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

That's down to ticket sales, isn't it? Rather than open a fourth stand with all the costs that entails (staff, stewarding etc) they close it unless ticket sales justifies. 

You'd think they would close the upper tier though?  

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

You'd think they would close the upper tier though?  

I would have thought an upper tier would be cheaper to run than a lower tier. 

That Anjorin looks a player. We were linked weren't we? Seems like the sort of player Dean Smith would want in his midfield, big, dynamic, strong, picks up the ball and runs at the opposition.

Huddersfield looking better this half. 

That kick out from Thomas, imagine the fuss that would've been made in the prem league.   Must say I do like this league PL does my head in!

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I would have thought an upper tier would be cheaper to run than a lower tier. 

Probably more to do with them getting decent advertising revenue from those banners, is the real reason now I think about it more.

31 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Huddersfield booed off the pitch at half-time.  I believe some have described such behaviour as “tin-pot”.

To be fair, booing your team at half time in the first game of the season when 1-0 down is pretty ridiculous, even if they have been crap.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

That kick out from Thomas, imagine the fuss that would've been made in the prem league.   Must say I do like this league PL does my head in!

I was shocked that neither the ref nor the two commentators noticed it. 

And after just booting the ball at Taylor when he was on the ground, how on earth has be still not been booked, never mind sent off?

53 minutes ago, hepphep said:

Burnley is sure playing some good football! They also have lots of variation in building the chances, so hard team to defend against

akin to Farkeball i.e. will walk the league?