Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Have we just bought Marcelino Núñez for $4 million?

I haven’t worked out his points but I’ve just used an online GBE points calculator and he gets 19 so it’s a pass 👍

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

In that he can actually use both feet? To kick a ball? Incredibly revealing , yes. 

Again, not nearly as common as you would think. 

As with really striking a ball well. Not a common skill either. 

Nunez is unusual - I was actually the same - in that he often prefers to drift left and strike for goal from his left side when faced with an opportunity, though chooses to take set pieces right footed. A very good sign. 

Remarkable Jeff. 

Parma 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

Do we have anybody monitoring the New World wine aisles of local ASDAs?

Apples

You never know, he might end up locked in the mysterious Asda black hole with Carl Cort 😳

• Haha 1

NCFC changed status to he's in Morrisons. Sh*t got real. Live from twitter account.

Edited by jaberry2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Yes we have. Confirmed. Another post beating CC to it! 🤪

But not Badger on this thread. ☹️

• Haha 1

Just now, Nuff Said said:

And now a third! Where is he?

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Yeah but I did bring this transfer to everyone's attention long before every one else knew about it 😉

So, not sure what's more surprising.. thats hes our first Chillian or that he's not injured!

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I did bring this transfer to everyone's attention long before every one else knew about it

We are honoured to have you on here. 

How ever did we manage before......

Will you be providing  an interview with him, upon his arrival / signing? 

Edited by Greavsy

Excited and optimistic about this one, I know it’s the hope that kills you but he looks just what we need. Hope he settles well and is a success. 

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing if they're Smith's signings or Webbers signings 😉

• Haha 4

Having never seen him play, or even heard of him before, I can confidently say he will be a big success.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Considering that the anti-Smith posters seem to be anti-Webber as well, they'll have a tough time deciding whose signings they are if these fellas are any good. 

We've already seen the paradigm when Hayden signed, a player seen by most as a catch and definitely a Smith transfer and not mouldy old Webber. Until he was injured again, at which point he was revealed to have been a Webber signing all along.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Less than a third of the price of Sara, but for some reason, I fancy Nuñez to turn out better. Gut instinct.

That's interesting as I'm the opposite. I think Sara is coming to a league closer by comparison to the one he left than Nunez and may need less time to adjust and show his best. 

Whatever happens this season, this pivot towards South American talent, abandoning our more usual German/Spanish lower leagues hunting grounds for overlooked talent, is going to be really interesting to watch unfold. Both Sara and Nunez could be superb signings, and represent talents which could really provide that X factor we sorely miss. 

Or they could be massive flops. Its a risk, without a doubt. But an exciting one. I think we have to applaud the club for at least trying something different following massive failure - even if this ends in similar levels of failure. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Considering that the anti-Smith posters seem to be anti-Webber as well, they'll have a tough time deciding whose signings they are if these fellas are any good. 

It’ll be the long tail of the Farke era.

This looks to be a signing that is trying to provide the creativity that we are lacking.

Around £10 million spent so far.(Rising to more like £13/14 million ?)

No guarantee it works, but i'm pretty excited to see how the team/squad will work when Hayden / Sara and Nunez are fit and firing. The competiton it provides for Dowell  / Cantwell and MClean can only be good too.

Edited by HoolaOHoolahan

8 minutes ago, HoolaOHoolahan said:

This looks to be a signing that is trying to provide the creativity that we are lacking.

Around £10 million spent so far.(Rising to more like £13/45 million ?)

No guarantee it works, but i'm pretty excited to see how the team/squad will work when Hayden / Sara and Nunez are fit and firing. The competiton it provides for Dowell  / Cantwell and MClean can only be good too.

More like £13m already, I think. Around £10m-£11m basic for Sara and £3m basic for Nunez. For me the question now over midfield is whether Weber and Smith are worried about Hayden's fitness for the season, and if so do they feel they can afford/find a back-up/replacement.

14 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

That's interesting as I'm the opposite. I think Sara is coming to a league closer by comparison to the one he left than Nunez and may need less time to adjust and show his best. 

Whatever happens this season, this pivot towards South American talent, abandoning our more usual German/Spanish lower leagues hunting grounds for overlooked talent, is going to be really interesting to watch unfold. Both Sara and Nunez could be superb signings, and represent talents which could really provide that X factor we sorely miss. 

Or they could be massive flops. Its a risk, without a doubt. But an exciting one. I think we have to applaud the club for at least trying something different following massive failure - even if this ends in similar levels of failure. 

Logically, you're correct. But football seldomly follows logic, which is why we love it, and why I'm tipping Nuñez to end up better than Sara. But ultimately, none of us, not even the recruitment team, know how they'll pan out.

As you say, it's a bold approach, and a very exciting one. South American players just seem more interesting than German ones.

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

As you say, it's a bold approach, and a very exciting one. South American players just seem more interesting than German ones.

More like Brexit fuked any chance of ever signing another European.

• Like 1