Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

The Lappinitup PuPs Pledges for the CSF 2022/23

These threads our now in memory of our great friend Lapps who we lost a year ago today. It’s great to keep his memory alive on these threads and on the PUPs totals.

There’s been some great pledges over the years. No pledge is too little (or too much) and all the money goes directly to the PUPs presentation pot for the CSF.

I'll get the ball rolling with £1 for every Norwich league goal scored by Josh Sargent, Jordan Hugill and Adam Idah.

• Thanks 1

£2 if we finish bottom, £48 if we're champions, sliding scale. Plus an extra tenner if the binners remain in League 1, an extra £20 for League 2.

I’ll pledge £2 for every goal scored by Rashica and Sargent. Additional £20 if Norwich win the league.

Good luck everyone….

8 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

These threads our now in memory of our great friend Lapps who we lost a year ago today. It’s great to keep his memory alive on these threads and on the PUPs totals.

There’s been some great pledges over the years. No pledge is too little (or too much) and all the money goes directly to the PUPs presentation pot for the CSF.

I'll get the ball rolling with £1 for every Norwich league goal scored by Josh Sargent, Jordan Hugill and Adam Idah.

Which day will you be putting the predictions for everybody up please? 

For every point over 85, I will pledge £2

If Pukki scores more than 25 goals I will pledge £5

If Hayden plays more than 30 games I will pledge £5

Same thing I did last time we were in the Championship (as far as my patchy memory can recall):

10p per league point gained
10p per goal scored (including cup games)
An extra £10 if we reach the playoffs, or £20 for getting promoted, or £30 for going up as champions.

Will also throw in another tenner if the binners fail to get promoted.

£1 for every Pukki goal. 
£2 for every Hayden booking

£50 if we get promoted and an extra tenner if we go up as champions  

£20 if Ipswich don’t have the same manager at the end of their season  

I have predicted that we will be Champions again so my first pledge is a challenge to the miserabilists who have said that we will finish mid-table etc.

Champions-£5

Second-£10

Promoted through play-offs-£15

Play-offs but not promoted-£20

Positions 7th to 12th-£25

Positions 13th to 21st-£30

Relegated but not bottom-£40

Bottom-£50

Perhaps others who are so sure that we are going to fail could put their money where there mouth is and make a similar pledge offering more the higher we finish?

My second pledge-

£1 for each league goal or assist by Rashica or Sargent. Would have included Tzolis in this, so £1 for each league goal or assist he gets for Twente.

Edited by Mr Angry

Parma Ham's gone mouldy

Very reliant on Pukki.

Farkeball well suited to Championship.

Prem lite football not special in the Championship. Though a better version of it might keep you up a year. 

Buendia a rare gem. No obvious difference-makers now. Buendia plus Pukki gold dust. Everybody else looked and felt better as a consequence.  

At least somebody will play the Skipp role this year. That facilitates everything else. 

Squad is deep, though not special. Asking players to ‘go again’ when they know - deep in their hearts - that the premier goal that they are asked to chase won’t include them next time is a tough sell…

We have proved we come up top level short. Most have proved they are not good enough. A massive overhaul is not financially viable.

Better players than others have are nice, though weapons remain key. It’s all on Pukki really. Smith has quite a tough job - and he’s a bit of a mercenary journeyman (which is football normal). 

Farke somehow wasn’t and we knew it. So did the players.

The club failed at the top level. The recruitment failed at the top level. The finances failed at the top level. So what does Smith now sell them differently that sticks?

A disappointing 8th. Or anything up to 1st if Pukki stays (fit and not-just-world-cup keen).

I’ll pay £5 to Rays Funds for every place Norwich finish above that… @nutty nigel 👍🏽✨

Parma 

Edited Monday at 22:45 by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
  •  
Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
I have large hand and heart ❤️
  • Thanks 1

It's that time of the year again. Here are my City pledges and the usual, and surprisingly profitable, top bants pledges from the depths of Ligue 1.

City pledges 💪🏆

Top two finish - £5

Play-off finish - £5

Each Norwich player that scores 5 or more goals - £5

Sarge >10 goals - £5

Every clean sheet (all competitions) - £1

Mind the Gap special pledges...🤭🤪

Don't even make the play-offs - £10

Retain status in Ligue 1 - £10

Each manager sacked in the season - £10

Goals conceded (all competitions) - £1 per goal

Apples

• Like 1

£5 per league goal scored by a recognised defender (ie, Hanley, Aarons, Gibson, Omibamidele, McCallum, Giannoulis, Byram)

£30 for promotion however it comes, £20 bonus for the title and another £20 if those down at the southern end of the A140 remain in Division 3.

I got on us to win the league as soon as the odds came out . I got 8/1 so I’ll pledge £10 of my stake .

Come on City ! 💚💛

OTBC

£10 if we get promoted and Ipswich Town do not.

£20 if we both get promoted.

£5 for every Sara League goal.

£1 for every League clean sheet when Hayden starts and finishes the match.

I was going to go £1 for every time Chris Goreham excitedly* mentions particular forms of clothing worn by players - notably gloves, snoods, sleeved underskins, exotically-coloured footwear (non-black) with a strangely erotic twang to his Norfolk dialect….🤣🤣

I may just make it a straight grand… 💰💰💰

Parma 🤣

*yes

Great to see this Nutty

I'll go for

50p for every Hayden start in the League

50p each time either Rowe/Tompkinson/Gibbs/McCallum start in a League game

£1 for every Sara goal in the League

£1 for every Sargent goal in the league

£1 for every Hanley goal in the League

£10 if we finish in the top 2

£1 for every penalty not scored against us in a League game

Nutty, it's MIND THE GAP for me please

£10 if we keep more clean sheets than Ipswich over the whole season

£10 if we score more penalties 

£10 if we concede less goals

£10 if we score more goals

£25 if we go up and they don't

£25 if we finish top two and they don't

• Like 1

On 27/07/2022 at 13:32, Mr Angry said:

I have predicted that we will be Champions again so my first pledge is a challenge to the miserabilists who have said that we will finish mid-table etc.

Champions-£5

Second-£10

Promoted through play-offs-£15

Play-offs but not promoted-£20

Positions 7th to 12th-£25

Positions 13th to 21st-£30

Relegated but not bottom-£40

Bottom-£50

Perhaps others who are so sure that we are going to fail could put their money where there mouth is and make a similar pledge offering more the higher we finish?

My second pledge-

£1 for each league goal or assist by Rashica or Sargent. Would have included Tzolis in this, so £1 for each league goal or assist he gets for Twente.

Good for Josh to get things rolling, doesn’t look like he was given the assist for the second goal though.

On 27/07/2022 at 13:32, Mr Angry said:

My second pledge-

As Rashica is now on loan too, I’m going to give £1 for each league goal or assist he gets for Galatasary.

So far, I think the total is £8:

Sargent 5 goals, 1 assist;

Rashica 1assist;

Tzolis 1 goal.

• Like 1

On 27/07/2022 at 00:09, nutty nigel said:

Just going to pay this up to 08/01/23
Sargent £9
Idah £2
So that's £11
Here's hoping for loads more before the end of the season.1942390103_Signaturetotals-temp.jpg.af57dcfcd841f33283b191a8762716ca.jpg

On 27/07/2022 at 08:25, Fuzzar said:

£2 if we finish bottom, £48 if we're champions, sliding scale. Plus an extra tenner if the binners remain in League 1, an extra £20 for League 2.

Will transfer the lolly today, Nutty. 

• Thanks 1

On 27/07/2022 at 22:00, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Parma Ham's gone mouldy

Very reliant on Pukki.

Farkeball well suited to Championship.

Prem lite football not special in the Championship. Though a better version of it might keep you up a year. 

Buendia a rare gem. No obvious difference-makers now. Buendia plus Pukki gold dust. Everybody else looked and felt better as a consequence.  

At least somebody will play the Skipp role this year. That facilitates everything else. 

Squad is deep, though not special. Asking players to ‘go again’ when they know - deep in their hearts - that the premier goal that they are asked to chase won’t include them next time is a tough sell…

We have proved we come up top level short. Most have proved they are not good enough. A massive overhaul is not financially viable.

Better players than others have are nice, though weapons remain key. It’s all on Pukki really. Smith has quite a tough job - and he’s a bit of a mercenary journeyman (which is football normal). 

Farke somehow wasn’t and we knew it. So did the players.

The club failed at the top level. The recruitment failed at the top level. The finances failed at the top level. So what does Smith now sell them differently that sticks?

A disappointing 8th. Or anything up to 1st if Pukki stays (fit and not-just-world-cup keen).

I’ll pay £5 to Rays Funds for every place Norwich finish above that… @nutty nigel 👍🏽✨

Parma 

Edited Monday at 22:45 by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
  •  

Ouch. Frighteningly accurate.

Will send some money anyway for being such a ****ing’ know-all…😂😂😂

Parma 

😂😂
  • Thanks 1

On 08/01/2023 at 22:41, nutty nigel said:
Just going to pay this up to 08/01/23
Sargent £9
Idah £2
So that's £11
Here's hoping for loads more before the end of the season.

It only went up by another 6 so I'll add 3 to make it 20 with 9 left to pay.

Thanks @Fuzzar @Parma Ham's gone mouldy @PurpleCanary @TIL 1010 for the pledges I received in the last day.

That's £104 to be added to the pot.

@Disco Dales Jockstrap and @Kathy  had been added in earlier.

• Like 3

Thanks Nutty, I make that Sargent 13 f& or Rashica 4 so that's £34 but I'll round it up to £40. I'll Paypal you.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Indy you star. 

So that's £144 I can add to the pot tonight for our wonderful ds guys and in memory of top PUP and great friend Lapps.

Here are the latest totals...

1208518868_Signaturetotals-09May23.jpg.e395bfe9e093732c512378cb4fb2a421.jpg

• Like 1

On 29/07/2022 at 07:22, Hissing Sid said:

£5 per league goal scored by a recognised defender (ie, Hanley, Aarons, Gibson, Omibamidele, McCallum, Giannoulis, Byram)

£30 for promotion however it comes, £20 bonus for the title and another £20 if those down at the southern end of the A140 remain in Division 3.

Hoped it might raise a touch more than £20!

Sent it over Nutty, with a little extra.

• Thanks 1

On 30/07/2022 at 14:51, ......and Smith must score. said:

Nutty, it's MIND THE GAP for me please

£10 if we keep more clean sheets than Ipswich over the whole season

£10 if we score more penalties 

£10 if we concede less goals

£10 if we score more goals

£25 if we go up and they don't

£25 if we finish top two and they don’t

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
Text edited in error

7 hours ago, Hissing Sid said:

Hoped it might raise a touch more than £20!

Sent it over Nutty, with a little extra.

That's amazing! Thanks Sid you star. 

Massive thanks as well to @Mr Apples who is unable to get on the site today but he sent me his pledges too.

So I get to add another £130 to the pot today...

25154441_Signaturetotals-10May23.jpg.5b2d4a993e5ebca1a2841ad6496d98cd.jpg