Sign in to follow this  
Block Y Seat 176

“Independent” forecast of Championship positions.

This was actually a good summary. Does provide good overview of the competition which I would’ve spent hours researching to get the same info (obviously I would have bothered) 

1st eh with saying we don't have buendia and smith with promotion in his cv doesn't have grealish, but we should have enough

Edited by KiwiScot

16 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

1st eh with saying we don't have buendia and smith with promotion in his cv doesn't have grealish, but we should have enough

Doesn’t he know that since we lost to Celtic and Hibs we have the worst manager ever?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting that a s(ummer tips us for top spot when some on here are telling us Smith will deserve a pat on the back for finishing top 6.

42 minutes ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

Balanced view from our friend down the road of the coming season and possible end of season positions.

Thanks for posting, very good summary. If his predictions are right, I have a good chance of winning the Canaries Trust’s Canary Challenge 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Aside from being a binner Benjamin is a decent bloke and does make some good videos from time to time, credit where credit is due

He's also a pretty solid musician 

36 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Doesn’t he know that since we lost to Celtic and Hibs we have the worst manager ever?  

The appointment of Smith was questionable from Day One for an awful lot of fans not just Pinkun posters.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 2

My only concern is he's deliberately put some sort of binner hex on us with this prediction. 

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

My only concern is he's deliberately put some sort of binner hex on us with this prediction. 

Don’t worry about it, it’s cancelled out by our own supporters hexes who are willing us to finish mid table or skirting relegation 😁

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

The appointment of Smith was questionable from Day One for an awful lot of fans not just Pinkun posters.

So was Farke, and then even more so after a season in the CHAMPIONSHIP. Just shows there's an awful lot of inpatient, glory hunting fans that don't actually look at the whole picture.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fiery Zac said:

So was Farke, and then even more so after a season in the CHAMPIONSHIP. Just shows there's an awful lot of inpatient, glory hunting fans that don't actually look at the whole picture.

You must tell me what the whole picture is then because i am struggling with the identity and phylosophy of what i have been watching since Smith came on board. At least with Farke you could see what he was trying to do right from the outset.

Please don't bracket me in that ' impatient, glory hunting fans ' you mention by the way because my CV will stand up to any scrutiny with regard to my support of Norwich City.

Edited by TIL 1010

2 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

He predicted us to win it last time as well (or at least I'm pretty sure he did), so no problem there.

1 hour ago, Fiery Zac said:

Just shows there's an awful lot of inpatient, glory hunting fans

this is a brilliant typo. Other readers can decide which posters should be admitted to some kind of facility immediately.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Please don't bracket me in that ' impatient, glory hunting fans ' you mention by the way because my CV will stand up to any scrutiny with regard to my support of Norwich City.

I don't doubt for a minute that you attend as many games as you can Tillo, but that statement Is risible , I am not saying it's untrue, but it's a very overblown statement to make.

....about ones self. It's the kind of thing less self important people leave for others to recognize. Borderline Ethics Territory. This is not personal, I'd have said the same to anyone

😇

Edited by wcorkcanary
Get out clause emoji attached 😜
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You must tell me what the whole picture is then because i am struggling with the identity and phylosophy of what i have been watching since Smith came on board. At least with Farke you could see what he was trying to do right from the outset.

Well if you say I must...

Smith took over in the PL, and took over one of the worst PL squads ever. What philosophy did you expect? And do you seriously expect the philosophy to be the same in the PL as this season in the championship?? We'll rightly be one of the favourites for promotion so won't play the same way we played last season. Pland change, I'm sure you've noticed the difference in quality between the championship and PL.

Getting a tune out of the squad last season was beyond virtually all managers but Smith did what was sensible. Bypass the non existent midfield to where we had any semblance of talent in Pukki, Rashica and (for the time he was fit) Idah. Any time we tried to play our way through a team we looked hopeless. The lack of midfield was down to Webber and Farke.

And to address your second point, you could see what Farke was trying to do from the outset....you must explain what he was trying to do last season then as all I saw was a bunch of headless chickens playing a new formation and often a completely different philosophy to what he spent 4 years setting up. We were an embarrassment (more so than the rest of the season which is saying something) and heading for a record low points total.

It's tiring that Smith has been a scapegoat before he even started and that fans can't give him the benefit of some patience.

His first season was in the PL and making do. Its a write off. Farkes first season was in the championship where he had the season to set out the direction the club and philosophy would go and what he would continue playing. Smith will be different this season and deserves time to show it. Farke got 3 transfer windows before any real progress was made. Smith has had 2.

I'm playing the post, not the poster so don't know what your 'CV' is, but I know plenty of ST holders that have been for decades that are woefully impatient and pathetic in their support. 

• Like 2

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that Smith and Shakespeare will be trying to make sure that in every game we score more than the team we are playing and that if we can't do that we at least score the same number. I think that's their system in a nutshell.

34 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Well if you say I must...

Smith took over in the PL, and took over one of the worst PL squads ever. What philosophy did you expect? And do you seriously expect the philosophy to be the same in the PL as this season in the championship?? We'll rightly be one of the favourites for promotion so won't play the same way we played last season. Pland change, I'm sure you've noticed the difference in quality between the championship and PL.

Getting a tune out of the squad last season was beyond virtually all managers but Smith did what was sensible. Bypass the non existent midfield to where we had any semblance of talent in Pukki, Rashica and (for the time he was fit) Idah. Any time we tried to play our way through a team we looked hopeless. The lack of midfield was down to Webber and Farke.

And to address your second point, you could see what Farke was trying to do from the outset....you must explain what he was trying to do last season then as all I saw was a bunch of headless chickens playing a new formation and often a completely different philosophy to what he spent 4 years setting up. We were an embarrassment (more so than the rest of the season which is saying something) and heading for a record low points total.

It's tiring that Smith has been a scapegoat before he even started and that fans can't give him the benefit of some patience.

His first season was in the PL and making do. Its a write off. Farkes first season was in the championship where he had the season to set out the direction the club and philosophy would go and what he would continue playing. Smith will be different this season and deserves time to show it. Farke got 3 transfer windows before any real progress was made. Smith has had 2.

I'm playing the post, not the poster so don't know what your 'CV' is, but I know plenty of ST holders that have been for decades that are woefully impatient and pathetic in their support. 

Smith took the job because he thought he could get a tune out of that squad with 27 games to go and i am sure he did not accept it on the basis it was a write off. If anything we looked as bad if not worse in those last games of the season as we ever did before he arrived. The damage had been done but i am at a loss at to what has changed anywhere .

This blind faith that he will sort out a squad made up as of now with virtually the same players save for Hayden and Sara who are both injured and won't be anywhere near fit for a few weeks mystifies me because i see no basis for it.

Do i blame Smith for what he inherited, no of course not but i am not inspired by anything he has said so far and that includes going to the NCFSC forum last week.

Opinions hey ? The rightful scapegoat is higher up the tree but he has engineered himself a bullet proof position.

When Saturday Comes mag predicts us to win League followed by Sheffield United, Watford and Middlesbrough.  Predict Ipswich to come second behind Sheffield Wednesday.

Also cartoon saying our new badge is Two Yo Yo’s.

6 hours ago, BurwellCanary said:

Liked him in the Foo Fighters

Like the essence of the joke, but made me slightly sad you didn't go with Nirvana instead.

On 25/07/2022 at 17:26, Fiery Zac said:

Technically he’s had 2 transfer windows but as we didn’t sign anyone in January as I recall, I’d say he’s still on his first one.

On 25/07/2022 at 13:07, Branston Pickle said:

We had the worst manager most of last season and he's still here.