Sign in to follow this  
Danke bitte

Third kit

As much as I like the current offerings I’m still holding out for a wacky but sexy third kit..

Anyone “in the know” that can offer insight into a release date or if there even is one given how close we are to the season start?

They said there will be a third kit, but it’ll be mostly for the Women’s team who will use as their away kit.  I guess the men’s XI would only use it if necessary.

One annoyance last season was our use of the supposed ‘second’ kit - we used the Coral one more often.  I thought we could have used it several more times.

• Like 2

Just a thought, but we released the away kit on Saturday morning and then wore it against Marseille on Saturday afternoon... would the club be bold enough to do the same thing with the third kit on the opening day of the season? Given that the two kits released so far have been generally very well received, it'd be a bit of a gamble. I reckon they might go for it, though... Cardiff play in blue, and we know one colour that the kit absolutely will not be!

• Thanks 1

On the lastest Along come Norwich pod one of the guests said she knew in advance what the shirts would be due to connections and she's been told what the 3rd shirt is, didn't reveal anything other than "its out there" so if she if she is right id guess a wonderfully wacky monstrosity 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

8 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

didn't reveal anything other than "its out there" so if she if she is right id guess a wonderfully wacky monstrosity 

Hurrah! Batsh!t crazy is what the people want.

Edited by Pyro Pete
  • Like 1

Not sure why it would have to be a monstrosity. It would be quite a nice touch to have the 3rd kit associated with the womens team and might increase sales to female fans along with increased awareness in the women's team.

Heard it might be white and purple, from a friend of a friend of a friend.

Popped into the Jarrold's NCFC store to see what the away kit looked like in real life. It's nice.

Might have got one too, but they had nothing smaller than 3XL

1 hour ago, daisy said:

Heard it might be white and purple, from a friend of a friend of a friend.

image.png.e8b33df361e4a4863f3b12655bcb03a0.png.819d42cc3138bdef5473f623c2a602c1.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

On the lastest Along come Norwich pod one of the guests said she knew in advance what the shirts would be due to connections and she's been told what the 3rd shirt is, didn't reveal anything other than "its out there" so if she if she is right id guess a wonderfully wacky monstrosity 

Clare also used the word "psychedelic".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

Clare also used the word "psychedelic".

I am here for this. Hoping for something as trippy as the Spurs kit from last season... 😉

xq71to9rvg191.thumb.jpg.eb7ffcd305f2b6df7d5e6bd4ae8a81e7.jpg

15 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Should just be this!

Screenshot_20220722-111900.png

Tbf the players played with flip flops on last season so it would complete the “on the beach” vibe 😊

4 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Yet sponsored by a car leasing firm

Can you not lease electric cars? It's hardly as contradictory or jarring as an airline or an oil company or even a gambling company in regards to climate change. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Should just be this!

Screenshot_20220722-111900.png

I hadn’t seen that before. I’m not a regular football shirt buyer/wearer but that is tempting! Are they in the club shop?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I hadn’t seen that before. I’m not a regular football shirt buyer/wearer but that is tempting! Are they in the club shop?

They caught my eye in the fan hub in the city centre when I went in to buy my away shirt... £45 a pop, though, if memory serves, so I couldn't justify getting both.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

They caught my eye in the fan hub in the city centre when I went in to buy my away shirt... £45 a pop, though, if memory serves, so I couldn't justify getting both.

I am quite tempted by both the home and away shirts anyway. If the third strip is good too it will just be too difficult and I will never decide. 😩

I wonder if we will debut the third kit in a women's match (as supposedly it will be more an away kit for them than a third for the mens team)

Would almost certainly register a decent amount of interest from a wider-than-usual audience.

Their first fixture is the 21st August I believe 

I was suspecting/hoping for a morning launch today and then us wearing the kit at Cardiff today. Doesn't look like that's going to happen now.

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I was suspecting/hoping for a morning launch today and then us wearing the kit at Cardiff today. Doesn't look like that's going to happen now.

Didn’t the club say the third kit would be worn by the ladies as an away kit rather than the first team? 

14 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Didn’t the club say the third kit would be worn by the ladies as an away kit rather than the first team? 

They did say it would be worn by the ladies' team, yeah, but they didn't say that it wouldn't be worn by the first team. In fact, if the first team don't wear it at all, they're missing a trick to help publicise the ladies' team!

On 25/07/2022 at 12:10, Branston Pickle said:

They said there will be a third kit, but it’ll be mostly for the Women’s team who will use as their away kit.  I guess the men’s XI would only use it if necessary.

One annoyance last season was our use of the supposed ‘second’ kit - we used the Coral one more often.  I thought we could have used it several more times.

Yes, I thought that - the black 'away' kit was brilliant but for some reason we played more in the horrible coral attire -  really loathed that!

On 25/07/2022 at 18:21, Captain Holt said:

Can you not lease electric cars? It's hardly as contradictory or jarring as an airline or an oil company or even a gambling company in regards to climate change. 

You can indeed lease electric cars. There are occasionally some exceptional value deals depending on which models have an unexpected surplus to shift (usually cancelled fleet orders). I recall a lucky bunch of people picked up E-Niros for ~ £300 per month a couple of years ago; they're ~ £500 now.