Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari

Team for Cardiff

On 24/07/2022 at 17:38, CANARYKING said:

Can’t see anything else except a 1 - 0 win for Cardiff, who’s going to score the goals and our defence always has a ****-up unit.

If only we had someone who has scored 55 goals in his last two Championship seasons...

GK: Tim KRUL
RB: Max AARONS
CB: Andrew OMOBAMIDELE
CB: Grant HANLEY
LB: Dimitris GIANNOULIS
CM: Jakob SÖRENSEN
CM: Kenny MCLEAN
LAM: Milot RASHICA
CAM: Todd CANTWELL
RAM: Josh SARGENT
CF: Teemu PUKKI

Subs: Gunn (GK), Tomkinson, Sara, Dowell, Rowe, Hugill, Idah, McCallum, Gibbs

Assumed Gibson, Byram and Hayden won't be fit and suspect Sara would be readied for a last 20 stint.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

GK: Tim KRUL
RB: Max AARONS
CB: Andrew OMOBAMIDELE
CB: Grant HANLEY
LB: Dimitris GIANNOULIS
CM: Jakob SÖRENSEN
CM: Kenny MCLEAN
LAM: Milot RASHICA
CAM: Todd CANTWELL
RAM: Josh SARGENT
CF: Teemu PUKKI

Subs: Gunn (GK), Tomkinson, Sara, Dowell, Rowe, Hugill, Idah, McCallum, Gibbs

Assumed Gibson, Byram and Hayden won't be fit and suspect Sara would be readied for a last 20 stint.

Agree - that is exactly what the team will be. However, surely Sinani should at least make the bench after the hype from Smith and some of his performances pre season? I would see him ahead of Dowell at the moment.

The players in CAPITALS I am quite happy with, the others have alternatives who may play.

KRUL

AARONS OMOBAMIDELE HANLEY Gianoullis

Sinani Gibbs McLEAN CANTWELL

PUKKI Idah

This is a more compact 442 which I feel we will need until Hayden and Sara are up to speed. Sorensen, Sargent and Rashica do little to make the team a compact, efficient unit.

To be honest, midfield will be a problem. Where is the balance? Its unbelievable we are going into our opening game makeshift at best.

39 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Agree - that is exactly what the team will be. However, surely Sinani should at least make the bench after the hype from Smith and some of his performances pre season? I would see him ahead of Dowell at the moment.

Sinani on the bench is definitely possible.

Smith will not want to lose the opening game.  Suggest need 4 0r 5 in midfield.  Pukki up front, Cantwell just behind with Rashica, Sorensen, McLean and Gibbs/Sinani in the engine room.  Need extra man to compensate for the poor output from the midfield.  NeedTodd and Milot to have legs to get up and down to help out others in midfield.

Think the only decisions apart from who is on the bench will be Sargent or Sinani given its away from home Josh will probably get the nod. Maybe McCallum or Giannoulis or even Gibbs or Sorensen.

1 hour ago, greggp27 said:

I'm assuming there is no stream broadcasting anywhere for this game?  

Why do you assume that? All available to purchase from club website I think?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not sure about that. Canaries TV is not advertising live matches as part of its offering. Maybe there are further updates to come but as of now there is no stream of the Cardiff game - unless I'm looking in the wrong place!

https://www.canaries.co.uk/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not sure about that. Canaries TV is not advertising live matches as part of its offering. Maybe there are further updates to come but as of now there is no stream of the Cardiff game - unless I'm looking in the wrong place!

https://www.canaries.co.uk/

There was an email recently saying that their own offering will be replacing iFollow I think?

Unless that's only for certain games, my bad if so.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

There was an email recently saying that their own offering will be replacing iFollow I think?

Unless that's only for certain games, my bad if so.

unlikely to be for 3pm saturday games even if they do do it. 

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Just been announced that its been selected for international broadcasting so not available on canaries TV this weekend.

I'm hoping future games are available for UK subscription rather than before when you needed to be abroad to watch any live games!

18 minutes ago, greggp27 said:

Just been announced that its been selected for international broadcasting so not available on canaries TV this weekend.

I'm hoping future games are available for UK subscription rather than before when you needed to be abroad to watch any live games!

Should be able to find a dodgy stream on the day if its being broadcast overseas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lots of people here putting Cantwell in a Central Midfield role instead of an attacking one.

Is that how he's been playing Pre-Season?

What kind of Midfielders are Sinani and Gibbs (defensive, creative,?????)

I see that an old City academy player Ebou Adams is now plying his trade at Cardiff. Let's hope he doesn't prove a point.

6 hours ago, KennyMonster said:

Lots of people here putting Cantwell in a Central Midfield role instead of an attacking one.

Is that how he's been playing Pre-Season?

What kind of Midfielders are Sinani and Gibbs (defensive, creative,?????)

I from what I’ve seen pre-season I believe Gibbs is a defensive midfielder. Sinani is more of a winger/no 10, but like Cantwell has also been playing as a central midfielder in a 4-3-3 in pre season

8 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I would love to see Gibbs start and score. I have a new TWTD account just in case 😂

Judging by Smith's comments as reported in the Pink Un, your wish may come true and Gibbs plays instead of Sorensen.

2 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Judging by Smith's comments as reported in the Pink Un, your wish may come true and Gibbs plays instead of Sorensen.

There is a new youth team player in my street who thinks Gibbs is extraordinary in training when he gets a chance to watch. But he's not that big. 

On 24/07/2022 at 16:34, Capt. Pants said:

Glad we've got this thread over with nice and early, what else can we talk about?

Only 2 more days and we can have a really good moan 😂

• Haha 1

On 26/07/2022 at 18:18, greggp27 said:

Use a VPN and you can watch it via Canariestv

38 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Use a VPN and you can watch it via Canariestv

I thought canaries TV couldn't show it because ESPN has the rights. May be wrong, I often am. 

29 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I thought canaries TV couldn't show it because ESPN has the rights. May be wrong, I often am. 

Its an away game so probably out of the club's hands but worth a try.

4 2 3 1

Gunn

Aarons
Hanley
Omabamidele
Giannoulis

McLean
Sara

Rashica
Cantwell
Sargent

Pukki