Sign in to follow this  
By Hook or Ian crook

Pay per view friendlies

Why are the club so hell bent on putting these friendlies behind a pay wall? Do they not know there is a cost of living crisis going on at the moment? Seems a bit out of touch for a so called community club to be charging £10 to watch two friendlies.  Us season ticket holders are already paying £50 a month during the summer when there’s no football on. 

• Like 2

Completely agree these things should absolutely be free for season ticket holders 

Seriously ? 

Entitlement. 

your season ticket is for attendance to HOME league matches, no more. 

putting on a stream costs the club money too - so they rightly charge, then people can make a choice. Its not rocket science. 

• Like 4

I imagine that this would be impossible as Premier Sports have the rights to the game. My guess is that we have done a deal with them but that they will get the majority of the revenue - they probably offer the same deal to all away teams with Celtic friendlies..

Cost of living crisis doesn't give you some free right to watch pre-season games and I would suggest developing an understanding of priorities.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Seriously ? 

Entitlement. 

putting on a stream costs the club money too - so they rightly charge, then people can make a choice. Its not rocket science. 

I can put a camera up in my garden connect it to the WiFi and watch it from work for pretty much free.

thanks for the sarcasm i do know how a season ticket works but remind me again why we all have to pay for it when there isn’t any actual football on? Let alone getting relegated and continue to pay the same price? Remember when we got relegated to league one and they actually drop the price based on the league they were in? 

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Cost of living crisis doesn't give you some free right to watch pre-season games and I would suggest developing an understanding of priorities.

Where did I say it was a right don’t put words in my mouth. What I am saying is Scotland is a long way from Norwich so not all of us can go for various reasons. Rather than trying to make what a few grand off a friendly through a pay wall, be a true club of the people and show it for free. If there’s a stream people will find it online for free anyway no doubt. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I can put a camera up in my garden connect it to the WiFi and watch it from work for pretty much free.

thanks for the sarcasm i do know how a season ticket works but remind me again why we all have to pay for it when there isn’t any actual football on? Let alone getting relegated and continue to pay the same price? Remember when we got relegated to league one and they actually drop the price based on the league they were in? 

so the club does that - and get criticised for the poor quality (not to mention commentary). You are not comparing like with like. 

Thats before we get into licencing laws etc. 

It wasnt intended as sarcasm, just a statement of fact. Apologies you read it that way. 

I dont  get why ST holders think they have a right to everything that goes on in the club, and for free. They are a business. end of.  

You pay for it now as the club have kindly made you able to spread the cost to make it more affordable to you, which is also interest free. Its like the Gas / Electric, you have to build up a credit. Say you paid £50.00 for the first month of the season and we had two home games, the club would be out of pocket! You theoretically could cancel you direct debit at that point! 

Its also your choice to have a season ticket, no one is forcing you, and you chose to pay how it suits you. I have already paid in full for mine - maybe you should get a discount for that ? but they dont offer it, so I pay the same. 

The pricing of the ST is a different argument, and has already been discussed. However the club will also be impacted by the increase in utilities etc. 

13 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Where did I say it was a right don’t put words in my mouth. What I am saying is Scotland is a long way from Norwich so not all of us can go for various reasons. Rather than trying to make what a few grand off a friendly through a pay wall, be a true club of the people and show it for free. If there’s a stream people will find it online for free anyway no doubt. 

But then we'll refuse to sign someone who wants 10k a week more than we are willing to pay and fans will shout no ambition. It seems ambition and spending money is what we need to do, as long as it isn't our money in any way shape or form.

Isn't it £10 to watch two 90 minute matches? Seems pretty good value to me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

so the club does that - and get criticised for the poor quality (not to mention commentary). You are not comparing like with like. 

Thats before we get into licencing laws etc. 

It wasnt intended as sarcasm, just a statement of fact. Apologies you read it that way. 

I dont  get why ST holders think they have a right to everything that goes on in the club, and for free. They are a business. end of.  

You pay for it now as the club have kindly made you able to spread the cost to make it more affordable to you, which is also interest free. Its like the Gas / Electric, you have to build up a credit. Say you paid £50.00 for the first month of the season and we had two home games, the club would be out of pocket! You theoretically could cancel you direct debit at that point! 

Its also your choice to have a season ticket, no one is forcing you, and you chose to pay how it suits you. I have already paid in full for mine - maybe you should get a discount for that ? but they dont offer it, so I pay the same. 

The pricing of the ST is a different argument, and has already been discussed. However the club will also be impacted by the increase in utilities etc. 

Did you listen to the kings lynn stream?  I’d of rather silence than the guy who was doing that! 

I don’t feel I have a right to everything that goes on at the club and I certainly am not getting anything for free the amount clubs charge for season tickets and away games these days. My point is Scotland is a long way away and pretty hard for most fans to get too and justify the cost at this moment in time with inflation at 50 year highs, rail strikes, petrol at silly money. Some people are struggling to pay for food, so if they club truly wish to be an inclusive community club let as much of the community watch it as possible which would be for free. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

My point is Scotland is a long way away and pretty hard for most fans to get too

Although its sold out! 

My son has gone, his initial flight was cancelled - but he managed to transfer to another - which was also delayed. 

A friend of mines son has also gone, his flight back was cancelled - so he booked a train, which has now been cancelled so hes having to stay another night. His flight up was also delayed too. 

but they aren't moaning, demanding things from the club to ' compensate then for things out of the clubs control, as you are demanding.  

I keep saying it - entitled much? 

Football is a luxury item, not a right, you decide if you can justify to pay or not. 

I thought @hogesar 's response was a little sharp initially, although I agree with his comments, i think he was spot on. 

Did you have a problem paying for the season ticket in the close season in previous seasons, or is this a new gripe?

15 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Did you listen to the kings lynn stream?  I’d of rather silence than the guy who was doing that! 

Kind of proves the point doesnt it ? when they give you a free one, you still complain. why would they bother?

I Want to watch the match

I Want it for free

I Want it to be decent quality 

I Want it for free

I Want a decent commentary.

I Want if for free

I Want a decent pundit for analysis

I Want it for free. 

Get real! 

Edited by Greavsy
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Although its sold out! 

My son has gone, his initial flight was cancelled - but he managed to transfer to another - which was also delayed. 

A friend of mines son has also gone, his flight back was cancelled - so he booked a train, which has now been cancelled so hes having to stay another night. His flight up was also delayed too. 

but they aren't moaning, demanding things from the club to ' compensate then for things out of the clubs control, as you are demanding.  

I keep saying it - entitled much? 

Football is a luxury item, not a right, you decide if you can justify to pay or not. 

I thought @hogesar 's response was a little sharp initially, although I agree with his comments, i think he was spot on. 

Did you have a problem paying for the season ticket in the close season in previous seasons, or is this a new gripe?

Am I imagining it or didn’t you only used to pay for your season ticket for 10 months of the year? Or maybe I’m getting confused with council tax 🤷‍♂️ But I have a recollection of it not previously being a year round debit?

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Kind of proves the point doesnt it ? when they give you a free one, you still complain. why would they bother?

I Want to watch the match

I Want it for free

I Want it to be decent quality 

I Want it for free

I Want a decent commentary.

I Want if for free

I Want a decent pundit for analysis

I Want it for free. 

Get real! 

At no point have I commented saying about quality, I’ve already said I’d rather crowd noise that bad commentary, I couldn’t care about pundits at all. Start the stream at the whistle close it at the end. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Am I imagining it or didn’t you only used to pay for your season ticket for 10 months of the year? Or maybe I’m getting confused with council tax 🤷‍♂️ But I have a recollection of it not previously being a year round debit?

I have no idea - as ive always paid up front in one sum.

I paid for next season in February, but I dont expect the club to provide anything more than I paid for - just because things are a bit tough. 

3 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

At no point have I commented saying about quality, I’ve already said I’d rather crowd noise that bad commentary, I couldn’t care about pundits at all. Start the stream at the whistle close it at the end. 

Who do you suggests does that ? Delia? 

Oh and the kit needs to be set up / taken down etc. Its all takes planning and work to get to the point of 'starting the stream' 

Would it be free for all - or just (entitled) Season ticket holders - in which case there would need to be authentication / validation.

As long as they provide what you want - thats ok is it? 

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Seriously ? 

Entitlement. 

Calm down, these are pre season friendlies which people are very unlikely to attend anyway given the location of the game. The club has openly provided a free stream in the past. I don't mind charging in principle but season ticket holders getting a little something such as one free stream or a discount doesn't take much effort from the club but would go a long way. The bigger issue for me was in France when one of the games was free to watch via the home teams channel but Norwich were charging to watch it

5 minutes ago, AJ said:

Calm down, these are pre season friendlies which people are very unlikely to attend anyway given the location of the game. The club has openly provided a free stream in the past. I don't mind charging in principle but season ticket holders getting a little something such as one free stream or a discount doesn't take much effort from the club but would go a long way. The bigger issue for me was in France when one of the games was free to watch via the home teams channel but Norwich were charging to watch it

My point is - if the club wants to put on a free stream that is their choice obviously - but STs dont have a right to it. its not hat they have paid for. 

People unlikely to attend - the away end is sold out I understand

What about people who live away, so dont have a home ST but watch ALL our away games in the midlands for example? dont they deserve a treat too? 

I dont know where this setting up a stream doesnt take much effort comes from - its a lot of effort. You cant just connect to the home teams free wifi and away you go! 

Clubs charging for streams when the other is providing one for free is questionable ill agree - but is that any different to Sky charging for matches - when others pick up a stream for free? surely thats the same principle?  

Edited by Greavsy

Celtic TV are doing a live stream. It costs £50 a year whether you are a ST holder or not. I assume NCFC are tapping into the same broadcasters of the match/stream.

I would imagine NCFC would have had to pay Celtic TV upfront to enable our fans to watch it for free. 

55 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Celtic TV are doing a live stream. It costs £50 a year whether you are a ST holder or not. I assume NCFC are tapping into the same broadcasters of the match/stream.

I would imagine NCFC would have had to pay Celtic TV upfront to enable our fans to watch it for free. 

Why aren't we Celtic? 

5 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Why are the club so hell bent on putting these friendlies behind a pay wall? Do they not know there is a cost of living crisis going on at the moment? Seems a bit out of touch for a so called community club to be charging £10 to watch two friendlies.  Us season ticket holders are already paying £50 a month during the summer when there’s no football on. 

Ironic that you are posting this on an Archant messageboard, as they have put the PinkUn's  matchday coverage behind a paywall too.

54 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

More streams than in the Lake District.....Haddock an' Chips again tonight with my saved tenner....

Will the tenner not get a large mushy peas too? 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Will the tenner not get a large mushy peas too? 

Curry sauce.....Mushy peas gives me Sunday morning Tuba syndrome...."PAAARP!".....

Just now, Mello Yello said:

Curry sauce.....Mushy peas gives me Sunday morning Tuba syndrome...."PAAARP!".....

You enjoy em, raise a glass to the club too for your free dinner. 

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You enjoy em, raise a glass to the club too for your free dinner. 

The Scottish friendly attending Club Hierarchy won't be feasting on a haggis supper and a couple of Tennents tinnys tonight....Will they?....

Me? I lives wivvin me means.....

45 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

Ironic that you are posting this on an Archant messageboard, as they have put the PinkUn's  matchday coverage behind a paywall too.

Less said about Archant the better probably 

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

More streams than in the Lake District.....Haddock an' Chips again tonight with my saved tenner....

I am watching trust me the fish and chips is much the better option we look carp 

Thought the quality wasn't great, obv lifted from premier sports, so cameras etc good , excellent choice of c Sutton as pundit. But stream quality was poor , ifollow was clearer. Footy, well just another pre season run out. Not particularly competitive unlike the Marseille game, but useful nonetheless. 

I prefer a preseason to include difficult games such as this, as it's a bit of a wake up for those in the squad that may be complacent about dropping down a level.

Todders looked sharp, and didn't play badly either😇

Edited by wcorkcanary
Get out clause emoji attached 😜

7 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

You get 4 more games in the Championship than Premier so your ST has gone down this season 

• Like 1