KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Celtic v Norwich****

1 hour ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Not in this case, see my response to Chicken..............

Tbh that’s pretty Irrelevant. I saw over an hour of the game, I am happy to trust my own judgement: they were slightly better than us, but we aren’t meant to be the best side in our country and about to play CL football.

Edited by Branston Pickle

9 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Tbh that’s pretty Irrelevant. I saw over an hour of the game, I am happy to trust my own judgement: they were slightly better than us, but we aren’t meant to be the best side in our country.

Which assumes he said Celtic were great (which he did not), and your response just continues to ignore the fact I asked him about Norwich, not Celtic and I asked in the context of our performance in that one game only and is not a comment about us in general..........

Having been watching lots of music at a festival yesterday and having read this thread there is but one conclusion (which is one I've held from day one), Sargent is a bag of ill fitting rusty nuts, and makes The Wolf look like Messi. Get rid, soonest!

3 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Exactly, if they hadn’t had a clear offside not given for their first and then been gifted a second it would have been a dull 0-0.

They created more chances but weren’t significantly better than us, fine margins.

I think 2nd half yes, they were much better. I think Michael Baily summed up the game brilliantly in his youtube post game vid.

Playing two games in two days really put Celtic at an advatage and I think we saw that 2nd half. As our players tired they were able to make more possitive and committed substitutions.

1st half we edged the chances created really. The offside goal really was against the run of play.

For me, it felt like your average pre season game. 1st half a 'proper game' then all the substitutions 2nd half which becomes a bit of a mess and hard to take much from.

3 minutes ago, chicken said:

I think 2nd half yes, they were much better. I think Michael Baily summed up the game brilliantly in his youtube post game vid.

Playing two games in two days really put Celtic at an advatage and I think we saw that 2nd half. As our players tired they were able to make more possitive and committed substitutions.

1st half we edged the chances created really. The offside goal really was against the run of play.

For me, it felt like your average pre season game. 1st half a 'proper game' then all the substitutions 2nd half which becomes a bit of a mess and hard to take much from.

Arguing semantics. I said they weren’t significantly better, you are saying in one period they were much better.

End of the day they were gifted two goals, one by officials one by us.

I didn’t watch us get completely played off the park by a much better side personally, overall across the 90 they were marginally better but mainly because we didn’t play well. A better side would have carved us apart.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

That is something of a generalisation. In my case I was talking to somebody I have known for a few years, who I worked with and who is genuinely a good bloke. So I am happy that the opinion comes from somebody who is a fellow football fan who absolutely has no axe to grind with Norwich City FC. I have no doubt that had we played well and looked half decent my friend would have said so. 

My post was not meant to be positive/negative or a judgement of how Norwich City will do this season but an unbiased, honest view of how we performed in a particular game........

Having watched the game, objectively, it's hard to draw any conclusion. If Norwich were 'dire' I'm not sure what that makes a first choice Celtic 11 that struggled to take advantage of a weakened midfield and a dire team.

They struggled to hold posession in the first half.

IMHO, just an average preseason game. I wouldn't use 'dire' for either side.