KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Celtic v Norwich****

Cantwell was better in the first half but yeah, we need our midfielders back from injury asap. Counterproductively Sinani was pretty decent but clearly not what we need in this system.

1 minute ago, chicken said:

You are a troll. As are several on this thread. Very few of you commenting anywhere near as regularly in the preseason games where we won were you? 

Only turn up to pile on other posters and a pre-season defeat. Pathetic. 

This was the first game against decent opposition who looked like they were up for it. If we hadn't beaten Kings Lynn, Dereham or Cambridge there'd have been a riot on here. The Marseille game was like a training excercise for them so that means sod all.

We've got a sh1te manager and a p1ss poor squad.

You keep clapping away if you're happy with this crap.

We're finishing 8th at best this season.

Mid table mediocrity is seriously beckoning.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Virtual reality said:

Didn’t say we did, did I? I just said that Sargent shouldn’t be anywhere near it come next week

You very much did. Suggesting players that started shouldn't be "near the starting 11" when at this point, we don't know what Smith's starting 11 will be.

Some folks need to put down the keyboard and get outside for some Vit-D. Hilarity that so many of you are collecting bed sheets and felt tips already. 

7 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Up at Old Hunstanton for the afternoon, seems like I didn't miss much? 

Pick any game from last season against mid table opposition rinse and repeat

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Sinani's not given up the goat in terms of getting a first-team shirt.

Well he should leave the goat alone and get on with playing football then.

• Haha 1

Just now, chicken said:

You very much did. Suggesting players that started shouldn't be "near the starting 11" when at this point, we don't know what Smith's starting 11 will be.

Some folks need to put down the keyboard and get outside for some Vit-D. Hilarity that so many of you are collecting bed sheets and felt tips already. 

👏👏👏

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Well, there was no need to get high after tonking Marseille, and there's no need to get too despondent about a defeat to the reigning Scottish champions when we had a midfield best described as experimental due to the lack of a ball-winner as a result of injuries.

Sinani's not given up the goat in terms of getting a first-team shirt.

It’s bizarre isn’t it - last weekend people were creaming themselves, now it’s all we’re awful/Smith is crap.  The kneejerkers are really playing to type.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Unhinged Canary said:

This was the first game against decent opposition who looked like they were up for it. If we hadn't beaten Kings Lynn, Dereham or Cambridge there'd have been a riot on here. The Marseille game was like a training excercise for them so that means sod all.

The Marseille game is a training exercise, but this Celtic loss is obviously the end of the world so we're finishing 8th? 

Do **** off and let the door hit you on the way out. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

My fear about the bedsheets is that people’s patience after last season won’t last long if we start poorly. Primark had better brace itself… that’s all I’m saying…

Agree monty entirely. I was pilloried for saying we need another CB earlier this week- but there is no depth there for a long campaign. 

And CM is just not good enough/ still! The urgent need was for new players there and we have two injured signings and not much else for next week. It’s going to cost us. We need another as a bare minimum- and someone with some actual fight 

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

You’re itching for an argument from anyone that will engage and are creating statements that aren’t there. Pretty pathetic really. Perhaps you should take your own advice…

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pete said:

Smith performing to expected standards unlikely to see Xmas

He gets 10 games from me, if he hasn’t sorted it by then he can sod off

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Don't be an absolute penis all your life. Take a day off.

Thank you  👍

1 minute ago, Unhinged Canary said:

I mean I know it's hot out there, but what a meltdown! 
Laughing Hysterically GIFs | Tenor

So predictable... 

aLl tHe OthEr GaMEs MeAn NoTHIng, ThiS gAmE meANs lOTs mOre!

Yeah, lets forget that Celtic don't have a game tomorrow but we do. Carry on, don't want to disturb one's bubble. As for Marseille - Celtic and Marseille will be in the Champions League... wonder which will do better. But by all means, feel free to throw your toys out of the pram, it's your freedom of expression to do with as you will. 

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

The Marseille game is a training exercise, but this Celtic loss is obviously the end of the world so we're finishing 8th? 

Do **** off and let the door hit you on the way out. 

The Marseille game was a training exercise FOR THEM. You really thing that lump Hugill will get that much freedom in an actual football match?

Get real.....

1 minute ago, chicken said:

I mean I know it's hot out there, but what a meltdown! 
Laughing Hysterically GIFs | Tenor

So predictable... 

aLl tHe OthEr GaMEs MeAn NoTHIng, ThiS gAmE meANs lOTs mOre!

Yeah, lets forget that Celtic don't have a game tomorrow but we do. Carry on, don't want to disturb one's bubble. As for Marseille - Celtic and Marseille will be in the Champions League... wonder which will do better. But by all means, feel free to throw your toys out of the pram, it's your freedom of expression to do with as you will. 

👏👏👏

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Agree monty entirely. I was pilloried for saying we need another CB earlier this week- but there is no depth there for a long campaign. 

And CM is just not good enough/ still! The urgent need was for new players there and we have two injured signings and not much else for next week. It’s going to cost us. We need another as a bare minimum- and someone with some actual fight 

You were pilloried for the way you said it and because you said we had three... when we have four.  Which is odd because on that basis we've managed two promotion campaigns as champions with 3 CB's.

And as for CM, you keep banging on about it like there has been no official statement. There has, Smith has said he is looking to bring in a replacement for PLM. As it says in every article. 

Just chill and go get an iced tea or something.

16 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

We had the summer to sort things and on this showing it hasn’t been done. All the ghosts of last season on display- still no creativity or bite in midfield. Cardiff won’t be quaking in their boots 

I'm quaking with laughter in my boots at the state of yours and others posts on here.

If anyone think a friendly against Celtic is in any way relevant to our opening game against Cardiff then you're living in a deluded world where you've never actually followed football.

If we won 3-0 it wouldn't mean we were any more likely to beat Cardiff. Pre season results throughout the entirety of history show this. Not just at Norwich.

As for the game itself we had the better chances in the first half. We conceded a goal that was offside.

Anyone who's using this to measure our chances for next season need to give their heads a wobble but when you see the posters names it's not exactly surprising.

• Like 2

Celtic looked lower/mid table PL standard to me. Good quality interplay up front & non-stop pressing.

Given the gap between the Champs & the PL I'll be very surprised if we come up against that sort of opposition very often.

All that said, it shows how far off we are from survival in the PL. A lot of work to do if we do get promoted.

Is Gibson injured BTW?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s bizarre isn’t it - last weekend people were creaming themselves, now it’s all we’re awful/Smith is crap.  The kneejerkers are really playing to type.  

It's grown men as well, how they function in day to day life really is beyond me.

Never read anything into any pre season games, we've had unbeaten pre seasons before then had the worst seasons imaginable, likewise shocking pre seasons and then good seasons! The proof will be when the seasons up and running. Until then, I'll save my judgment 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AJ said:

Spot on. The second half was so reminiscent of games against the likes of Palace last season. We tried hard, but we just weren't good enough. Sorry to bang my old drum, but I cannot see how Smith has moved us an inch forward since he arrived.

The good news is that we don't have to beat Celtic; we have to beat Rotherham and Bristol City and Preston.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

You talk alot of old crap are you on here because you such a lonely person and has well has the so called  person called Chicken whos name is really appt on here-  now you all put  that in your pipe and smoke it- never I love the challenge to take on  Me I was only making my comment based on  comment made on here

Not lonely at all mate, but thanks for highlighting what a horrible little human you are for going down the route of bullying.

At least I know what punctuation is (though freely admit I am not the pinnacle of perfection in that regard). 

The thing about my username is that it actually originates from a bit of banter some 23 years ago when playing football. I used to tuck my arms in when dribbling so someone on my team said I looked like a chicken. It stuck, so I have used it on here ever since.

I have said many a time, I am more than happy to meet folk up over a pint (cider for me tah) and talk footy, whether you like my view or not. I'm too old, and care too little to be scared or worried about a silly little forum troll.

• Like 2

Didn't see the game but by the sounds of it Sargent continues as per last season, in that he runs around a lot, outs in a good shift, but doesn't have skills, pace or threat to be a winger or a striker. Would you have him in your starting 11?

Will be interesting to see tomorrow's lineup and midfield. Know we have Sara & Hayden to come in, but midfield continues to be lightweight. Lets hope with PLM allowed to go (& some cash generated) they've got someone lined and move quickly to beef up midfield for cardiff  

9 minutes ago, Unhinged Canary said:

The Marseille game was a training exercise FOR THEM. You really thing that lump Hugill will get that much freedom in an actual football match?

Get real.....

That wasn't the point I was making.

You can't write off one performance that doesn't fit your narrative and draw sweeping conclusions from another performance that does. 

It just shows your opinion to be illogical and undermines your credibility entirely.

17 minutes ago, AJ said:

Great 🤣

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Never read anything into any pre season games, we've had unbeaten pre seasons before then had the worst seasons imaginable, likewise shocking pre seasons and then good seasons! The proof will be when the seasons up and running. Until then, I'll save my judgment 

Exactly this... I used up all my responses laughing at people, sorry. But spot on.

People suggesting the 2nd half was like games last season... I don't remember teams making wholesale changes in those numbers last season... shocking. Still, what the hell do I know? Who'd be a football coach / manager eh? 

• Like 1