KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Celtic v Norwich****

30 minutes ago, chicken said:

Not at all. The majority of chances were for us. Even Sutton said it was against the run of play. If anyone deserved it we did. Bar one or two "breaks" I've felt Celtic look rather average. 

I agree with the 442 though. Put a target in the middle. 

We had one chance in the first half, Rashica's shot. Neither side had done a good job at fashioning chances.

McCallum hasn't played much for us but he has quickly settled into the Norwich City ethos of giving away posession cheaply, resulting in a goal.

• Haha 2

Because the full back position has changed dramatically since then, it's more concentrated on being a winger hybrid now. 

All good and well but only really works if your Man City or Liverpool.

Why are we still not playing the balls through for Pukki.  He's making the runs, but choose bot to play the ball he wants. 

1 minute ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

McCallum hasn't played much for us but he has quickly settled into the Norwich City ethos of giving away posession cheaply, resulting in a goal.

Been doing his homework over the summer

1 minute ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

He's far from the only one though, is he?

Just now, overthebordercanary said:

Because the full back position has changed dramatically since then, it's more concentrated on being a winger hybrid now. 

All good and well but only really works if your Man City or Liverpool.

Or us in the championship where you get away with it more often than not. 😉

2 minutes ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

I actually think he’s looked half decent. He’s got a nice first touch. He’s certainly looked better for my money than many others. 

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

Not looking top two on this showing 

I totally agree. You might as well save yourself the bother and **** off for the year.

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I actually think he’s looked half decent. He’s got a nice first touch. He’s certainly looked better for my money than many others. 

Really ???

Same old,

Weak,

Give the ball away too easily

Offered nothing in attacking threat

Was always going to be the case without recognised CMs playing.

Daniel Sinani has impressed me though

2 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Where would you put Celtic in the English leagues? Would they survive in the Prem? Probably, but I'm not sure. Not looking good to me, there doesn't seem to be much understanding or cohesion out there.

Top 6 championship on this showing.

Hilarious that same folks on here are slating the team again, were the same ones saying not to take pre-season too seriously when we beat Marseille and Cambridge.

It's the same again right now. How you can read too much into this game I'm not sure. We're not making huge numbers of subs, the goal that would stand in a competitive game came after a bunch of fresh legs were thrown onto the pitch. 

We're playing with a midfield three, or have been, consisting of a CM and two AMs. Considering before pre season two of them hadn't played that role for us I think they've done well with what they've been asked to play. Sinani reminds me a tad of Surman, who was also not blessed with pace but had a very nice touch and some good passing.

In the first half especially, I think Celtic didn't look too special, Norwich shaved the first half. Take out the offside goal, which was ridiculous, on the 2nd half showing Celtic deserve the lead. However, like I say, a lot of changes combined with losing Hanley seemed to have that impact.

5 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Not looking top two on this showing 

Oh good. I was only counting the Marseille showing so that's fine isn't it? 

I really really do not like how much time and space we are giving the opposition. Our press on the second phase of play from nock downs and rebounds is woeful. Multiple times Celtic’s midfield have been able to bring the ball out with no yellow shirt with 15 years either side: 

10 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

We had one chance in the first half, Rashica's shot. Neither side had done a good job at fashioning chances.

Pukki had a header in front of goal that he glanced over. There were other shots on target blocked by their defenders. Celtic had less of the ball from what I could see, and were less progressive with it unless they caught us on the break. 

2nd half has been a different matter. 

It will be interesting to see what the rest of the squad can do against Hibs tomorrow. Hopefullys todays lineup could out play them, but I'll want tomorrows to slug it out against them.

Sounding like a lot of negatives still wearing us down from last season(negative posts and posts attacking the negative posts). At least we'll get some wins soon to cheer us up.

3 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I’d say Watford probably better to be fair. 

Possibly.

But here we are week before the season starts and we really look disjointed, lack of cohesion and no real confidence flowing through the team.