****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Celtic v Norwich****

29 minutes ago, chicken said:

touchy with Kiwi?

Nobodies getting to pull my thread 😉

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

And with Zimmerman gone too

And no replacements coming in for him... 😱

23 minutes ago, Van wink said:

What is that beard style Todd is sporting, is it a little tushy?

We used to describe a beard like that as something to do with the female anatomy.

32 minutes ago, chicken said:

Nope, it was clearly a joke at his own expense... some of us enjoy a bit of self deprecating humour...

Also, apparently you gave match threads to me... shouldn't you be getting touchy with KiwiScott? Though you might want to ask first, he might not want you that close...

Not sure calling some something is self deprecating...... 

Threads aren't mine to give to anyone (as I think you pointed out in your reply too) but I think, from memory I said I preferred you doing them or brink back chicken. Tbh cba to search for it now. 

The game is on kiwiscott turf, so I wish him well on starting the match thread. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Nobodies getting to pull my thread 😉

Greavsy will go for anything with a pulse these days... I say "these days" but I don't know about his past... 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Not sure calling some something is self deprecating...... 

Threads aren't mine to give to anyone (as I think you pointed out in your reply too) but I think, from memory I said I preferred you doing them or brink back chicken. Tbh cba to search for it now. 

The game is on kiwiscott turf, so I wish him well on starting the match thread. 

Humour mate, humour, I was kidding... 

You should know me well enough on here now to know that if I am being serious, you know about it.

All's good mate, just relax and enjoy the sun. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wonder where McCallum was?🤔

I think most of the players think that about you....... ☺ 😂 

16 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

McCallum looks a level below for me. Strange that Smith isn't a fan if Giannoulis, he's clearly miles ahead of Sam. 

He looks better going forward than defending. Would imagine that Giannoulis will start tomorrow and I don’t think the fact that McCallum is starting today means he is first choice.

• Like 1

I really do worry about us creating this season, we don’t have that bit of magic to unlock a defence. 

• Like 2

There is still a massive lack of creativity in this team. Thankfully Cantwell looks up for this season because he’s the only one who looks to have any creativity in him. Mcacullum also looks decent at left back. Josh Sargent is completely lost on the right and has offered absolutely nothing 

Edited by Virtual reality
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CUSDP said:

I really do worry about us creating this season, we don’t have that bit of magic to unlock a defence. 

Its all eggs in the basket that Sara settles in quickly.

18 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It was offside, great finish but totally unmarked.

Because Hanley couldn't get to Maeda due to his ankle injury. You can see him go to ground immediately after the goal too. Doesn't excuse McCallum's's failure to mark the winger though, he instead got sucked inside to where Hanley was.

Edited by Surfer

16 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It was offside, great finish but totally unmarked.

Seeing the replay, Hanley got that knock which meant he couldn’t get to the scorer.

As above. Cantwell  making a difference, McCallam looks ok to me, Sargent same as last season, poor. 

Edited by ec-p

An interesting 45 minutes.

I think their goal was off side. But I think Celtic have probably deserved a lead. We look ok in patches, but I think we lack a physical presence in central midfield right now and I'm still concerned where the goals are going to come from - we need a creative presence. Everything seemingly coming through Cantwell.

Like to see Sinani pushed out into Sargent's position and Sargent take a more central role, in a more 4-4-2.

5 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

There is still a massive lack of creativity in this team. Thankfully Cantwell looks up for this season because he’s the only one who looks to have any creativity in him. Mcacullum also looks decent at left back. Josh Sargent is completely lost on the right and has offered absolutely nothing 

I don't think that's the main issue today.

I think the balance isn't quite there, but then you are playing a 4-3-3 with no defensively minded CM in there, and essentially two AM's alongside them. If anything, there are probably too many players trying to do something which can lead to us being too congested around their area. In turn that means we have to be that bit more intricate with our play and the balls have to be hit a little harder to try and get to their man.

Rashica and Sargent need to hold their runs a little and Sinani and Cantwell be a little less quick to dribble forward to allow for more movement into space from the front three, especially Pukki. 

OK, I have to admit that so far there has been no sign of hoofball and that Cantwell is working really hard, as if he cares. McCallum looks like yet another of our full backs who is much better going forward than defending. Where was he for the goal? Pukki not really getting into the game, Sargent totally anonymous. I suppose the good news is that Celtic are going to be far better than anyone we meet in the Championship this season. 

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

An interesting 45 minutes.

I think their goal was off side. But I think Celtic have probably deserved a lead. We look ok in patches, but I think we lack a physical presence in central midfield right now and I'm still concerned where the goals are going to come from - we need a creative presence. Everything seemingly coming through Cantwell.

Like to see Sinani pushed out into Sargent's position and Sargent take a more central role, in a more 4-4-2.

Not at all. The majority of chances were for us. Even Sutton said it was against the run of play. If anyone deserved it we did. Bar one or two "breaks" I've felt Celtic look rather average. 

I agree with the 442 though. Put a target in the middle. 

Sargent has gotten in the box a couple of times after picking the ball up wide and passing to Max or the midfield but the crosses haven't come in. He's obviously not the one that's supposed to be getting to the end and crossing for Pukki.