Sign in to follow this  
Block Y Seat 176

Tzolis loan

Good loan, that. Should be on the front foot in a strong team by Dutch standards, and European football to boot. It worked for Cantwell, albeit in the division below.

Must say we've been VERY good at moving players on this window, whether it were players who weren't quite going to make it with us (Adshead, Famewo, Bushiri) or getting loans for those who are still fighting (Mumba, Placheta, Tzolis). Granted, only the season's performances will really highlight if it was great or not, but it's clear to see what they're trying to do.

Will be good to see what he can do hopefully playing football week in week out, clearly the club have high hopes for him

5 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

The end of an error.

Maybe. Or it could be the start of a Rocky-movie-like return. If he does well at Twente, hopefully he comes back ready for better times, or maybe with a few sides willing to pay us to keep him longer. 

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Maybe. Or it could be the start of a Rocky-movie-like return. If he does well at Twente, hopefully he comes back ready for better times, or maybe with a few sides willing to pay us to keep him longer. 

I hear you, but he was heralded as a key signing in a promotion season and off the back of the sale of our most important player.

Whether he comes into his own for us or not (highly unlikely) he was a waste of £9m when we signed him.
  • Like 5

This club drives me nuts. 

What's the point of investing in "exciting" young players if we don't give them the chance? Could have been a difference maker this season at Championship level. 

I will be amazed if he ever puts on a Norwich shirt again. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

This club drives me nuts. 

What's the point of investing in "exciting" young players if we don't give them the chance? Could have been a difference maker this season at Championship level. 

I will be amazed if he ever puts on a Norwich shirt again. 

Sometimes they need to be developed elsewhere, Tzolis clearly wasn’t mentally or physically ready so go somewhere where he’ll get some game time and come back a better player 

it worked for James Maddison and Cantwell, I’m sure Tzolis will also benefit 

• Like 1

I think the level of clubs that were looking to take him on loan should tell you a lot about his ability and potential. If he can come back with more confidence next summer then we could absolutely still have a player on our hands. 

I'm basing this purely off the pre season training vids but he didn't appear have the conviction of the others in his position. As Yobocop has mentioned, we all know what a year in Holland did for another of or young wingers.

Doesnt say much for him when the club 'doesnt thnk he'll make an impact in the championship this season' or words along those lines

The championship!...

So we spent £10m on.a.player who they dont even think good enough for that level!

The most reprehensible piece of transfer business this club has ever done, when that money could so blatantly have been spent elsewhere last summer

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Doesnt say much for him when the club 'doesnt thnk he'll make an impact in the championship this season' or words along those lines

The championship!...

So we spent £10m on.a.player who they dont even think good enough for that level!

The most reprehensible piece of transfer business this club has ever done, when that money could so blatantly have been spent elsewhere last summer

It’s one of the toughest leagues in Europe, they clearly don’t think he is mentally or physically ready for it 

1 minute ago, Yobocop said:

It’s one of the toughest leagues in Europe, they clearly don’t think he is mentally or physically ready for it 

Toughest leagues in europe?

This is a league that Luton and Huddersfield finished in the top 6 of last season

...a league that we've won the ladt 2 times we've been in it with 94 and 97 pts

If they dont think.he's good enough to have played a part next season, its more than a little worrying

Heads should roll for this signing alone

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

The championship!...

Get a grip.

• Like 1

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Toughest leagues in europe?

This is a league that Luton and Huddersfield finished in the top 6 of last season

...a league that we've won the ladt 2 times we've been in it with 94 and 97 pts

If they dont think.he's good enough to have played a part next season, its more than a little worrying

Heads should roll for this signing alone

Toughest physically rather than quality wise 

we’re talking about a young player (not an experienced pro) who desperately needs a run of games, he is probably good enough but it’s best for him to go out and play regularly rather than a sub appearance here and there 

itll be better for his development in the long run, many a player of his age bracket have gone out and really benefited from this type of move, its all about having a bit of patience (in my best gary Barlow impression 😂

Go on then...name another

Top of my head - Naismith.

Do we have to have this over reaction all the time? 

Jason Jarrett…

At least he actually played some games

And cost us a fortune for years. While playing for someone else.

Edit: and at a lower level than the Championship.

Edited by Nuff Said

Just now, Yobocop said:

Do we have to have this over reaction all the time? 

Jason Jarrett…

Jarret was a free transfer (I think?)...not someone we pi$$ed a 6th of our summer transfer budget up the wall on 

I think it's confidence  more than a talent thing with Tzolis. We want to build him up but with the number of more ready players we have (Rashica, Cantwell, Sargent, Hernandez). The Dutch league is a great place to go and rebuild that confidence.

He came in to a new country with massive expectations and obviously it hasn't worked. He's still very young so there's obviously time. Calling him one of the worst signings we've made is idiotic. Clubs competing in the Champions league wanted him even after last season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

I think it's confidence  more than a talent thing with Tzolis. We want to build him up but with the number of more ready players we have (Rashica, Cantwell, Sargent, Hernandez). The Dutch league is a great place to go and rebuild that confidence.

He came in to a new country with massive expectations and obviously it hasn't worked. He's still very young so there's obviously time. Calling him one of the worst signings we've made is idiotic. Clubs competing in the Champions league wanted him even after last season.

Well it is one of the worst signings

There were areas of the team that clearly needed strengthening last summer and a club with a sizeable /yet limited budget simply cant afford to get something wrong of that expendidture.

Taking £10m punts on 'promising' youngsters is something the likes of man city and chelsea do and can afford to do.

We cant. .not when there were other areas of our first team that needed that money invested in first

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think this is an interesting move , he could absolutely rip it up in the Dutch league and come back , amazing and full of confidence.😗

32 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Selling Chris sutton

16 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

I think this is an interesting move , he could absolutely rip it up in the Dutch league and come back , amazing and full of confidence.😗

Just don’t let him take a penalty when he is back 😉