Sign in to follow this  
Top corner

Wildschut

Yanic has signed for Oxford United for a undisclosed fee, I remember him being quite quick, but that's about it.

He was a bit crap, one of those look down at your feet and run with the ball and hope for the best type of players that would just play averages with whacking a ball in the box or take pop shots and get lucky now and again.

But he was still better than Placheta, at least he'd run at people even if he'd sometimes trip over his own feet.

2 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Jimmy Bone without the Bone.

This is why I don't dismiss you as a trolling binner, but a former poster in a new guise. Just occasionally you give just a hint of real depth to your support. 🙂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

This is why I don't dismiss you as a trolling binner, but a former poster in a new guise. Just occasionally you give just a hint of real depth to your support. 🙂 

It’s Bill isn’t it?

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Wildschutt and then Ben Marshall were absolute dross. 

Was Marshall the one who said in an interview recently that he hated Norwich and nobody want's to move here and play for us? ****

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Was Marshall the one who said in an interview recently that he hated Norwich and nobody want's to move here and play for us? ****

You might be right it was something like that.

I can remember him unmarked in the right wingback position on numerous occasions and the players just would not pass to him. 

22 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Most of the childish 'binner' callers weren't even born before I had seen my first 100 matches at CR and in many cases nor were their parents.

I clearly bother them far more than they could ever bother me.

• Like 1

From memory Marshall said he had a really horrible time as he had to live in some castle thing in Norfolk. Tough life. 

2 hours ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Most of the childish 'binner' callers weren't even born before I had seen my first 100 matches at CR and in many cases nor were their parents.

I clearly bother them far more than they could ever bother me.

Binner 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Rivvo said:

It’s Bill isn’t it?

Probably, as Nora appeared when Fredherring stopped posting so much. 

An obvious Bill is obvious 😁

Just to throw another link, Karl Robinson threw a surprise to the Oxford fans when Josh Murphy came on for Oxford!

Edited by Indy

6 hours ago, Tumbleweed said:

From memory Marshall said he had a really horrible time as he had to live in some castle thing in Norfolk. Tough life. 

Castle Carvery? 

Pretty sure Marshall had some alcohol/mental health issues. I know he slagged us off but we probably shouldn't hold that against him.

On 22/07/2022 at 16:26, Capt. Pants said:

Wildschutt and then Ben Marshall were absolute dross. 

Add Naismith 

On 23/07/2022 at 18:24, Indy said:

Just to throw another link, Karl Robinson threw a surprise to the Oxford fans when Josh Murphy came on for Oxford!

I'm in year 2024 on Football Manager and he's in League Two, where he's not pulling up any trees.

Billy Gilmour hasn't played a single competitive game since returning to Chelsea from Norwich, I scouted him out of interest and the conclusion of my very talented scouts was "decent Championship player". Often Webber gets accused of playing a real life game of Football Manager, but perhaps he ought to use it more! 

• Like 1

On 23/07/2022 at 23:06, Peanuts said:

Pretty sure Marshall had some alcohol/mental health issues. I know he slagged us off but we probably shouldn't hold that against him.

Under The Cosh perpetuates dreadful early noughties "lad culture", and they find stories of binge drinking quite funny, but even that bunch thought Ben Marshall was pretty tragic, you could tell, awkward silence from Chris Brown (the former Norwich striker) when Ben Marshall slagged off Norwich. 

From the Grant Holt one you could tell Chris Brown liked it here and wanted to succeed, Unfortunately he was just sh*t at football.

28 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

City did a great job on Cardiff in retrospect. 

We’ve done a couple on Newcastle too!

4 hours ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

Oxford have signed Josh Murphy now!

My Bulls pal is now asking if we have any defenders available too

Edited by GenerationA47