With the sale of Zimmermann, Lees Melou, potential loan fees for Tzolis, Placheta etc. I was wondering how much cash we have manged to realise as part of these deals?

1 minute ago, Jersey Canary said:

With the sale of Zimmermann, Lees Melou, potential loan fees for Tzolis, Placheta etc. I was wondering how much cash we have manged to realise as part of these deals?

£3.00

• Haha 2

Considering we've dropped a league, I think it's reasonable enough to say we'll try to cut our wage bill considerably so that less is going out, especially if we don't get promotion and also not to put as much strain on the parachute payments.

We've got two new midfielders in, sold off a fair few players who seemed to be falling a bit short, and got a couple of promising looking loans for players to develop. Most importantly, we've got arguably the two most important ones in first, namely a defensive midfielder and a genuine box-to-box one.

We also know we spent more upfront than ideally wanted when getting Sara in. So unless one of the major assets goes, I wouldn't expect to see much more spending unless it's a small fee on a promising youngster.

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Considering we've dropped a league, I think it's reasonable enough to say we'll try to cut our wage bill considerably so that less is going out, especially if we don't get promotion and also not to put as much strain on the parachute payments.

We've got two new midfielders in, sold off a fair few players who seemed to be falling a bit short, and got a couple of promising looking loans for players to develop. Most importantly, we've got arguably the two most important ones in first, namely a defensive midfielder and a genuine box-to-box one.

We also know we spent more upfront than ideally wanted when getting Sara in. So unless one of the major assets goes, I wouldn't expect to see much more spending unless it's a small fee on a promising youngster.

You are Stuart Webber and I claim my £5.

• Haha 1

Zimbo was nominal, wouldn't be surprised its a free. Lees Molou is £3.5m (€4m euros). For Tzolis, my hunch is the fee is the amount Enschede will contribute to his salary rather than a fee per se. Placheta will be a six-figure fee at best, which again could be lower dependent upon what element of his salary Brum pays.

So c. £4m to transfer coffers, maybe £5m off the salary bill.

Edited by shefcanary

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

You are Stuart Webber and I claim my £5.

Sorry, we couldn't afford it. 😉

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

I heard no cash changed hands, but Webber accepted the payment in Nepalese Luncheon Vouchers 😉

• Haha 3

Maybe the club is really in a financial mess big time after selling so many but bringing only 2 in? It will be interesting to see if we actually spend anymore this Summer, or just get loans and freebies

Just now, TheBaldOne66 said:

Maybe the club is really in a financial mess big time after selling so many but bringing only 2 in? It will be interesting to see if we actually spend anymore this Summer, or just get loans and freebies

Hearsay your honour! 

The key fact was that a lot of last year's squad were ****ing useless - a sea change was required!

2 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

We've sold 2 first team players and have spent more on a single player than the 2 outgoing fees combined.

4 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Honestly, the **** you people come out with. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Enough for a Tesco Meal Deal. Score. 

Not if you dont have a club card - £3.50

The clubs been pretty transparent in the respect that to expect more out than in. Trimming of the squad was necessary, with only a couple (2/3) incoming quality first team players. Not many more unless a big money out was made.

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Honestly, the **** you people come out with. 

Whereas people like you only speak the truth don’t you 🤣🤣🤣

Definitely more about cutting costs rather than creating room for investments. We appear to have put all our eggs in one basket with Sara. Admittedly we didn't spend any money in January so maybe we did have a little left over from last seasons budget

2 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Whereas people like you only speak the truth don’t you 🤣🤣🤣

My opinions are based on what I know. 

I know (because it's a well established fact, you can read the accounts released yearly yourself) we are (external) debt free, one of very few clubs to be so. 

I also know (because it's been said by numerous officials at the club) that we follow a self funded model. We spend what we make. The budgets are set accordingly.

So to see someone come on here and suggest we're in "a financial mess big time" leads me to the opinion that either you don't read a ****ing thing about the football club you invest your free time into writing on a football forum about or you're too ****ing thick to understand the basics about how this club is run.

Which is it?

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

I think we paid both more than we wanted to as a basic fee (especially given that apparently we fancied an initial loan with a buy option/obligation) and more than we wanted to as an immediate first instalment! The question is whether we cash in - if we get an offer - on Aarons, since I assume now we will hold onto Rashica.

42 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I know (because it's a well established fact, you can read the accounts released yearly yourself) we are (external) debt free, one of very few clubs to be so. 

I also know (because it's been said by numerous officials at the club) that we follow a self funded model. We spend what we make. The budgets are set accordingly.

So to see someone come on here and suggest we're in "a financial mess big time" leads me to the opinion that either you don't read a ****ing thing about the football club you invest your free time into writing on a football forum about or you're too ****ing thick to understand the basics about how this club is run.

Which is it?

Or he's just **** stirring, following the BoJo theory of chaos - keep on telling lies often enough and some of the other idiots out there start to believe it as the truth!

7 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Or he's just **** stirring, following the BoJo theory of chaos - keep on telling lies often enough and some of the other idiots out there start to believe it as the truth!

Cheer up, we’ll soon have Bizzy Lizzy running the country. A Norflok constituency PM 👏👏 - you know it makes sense.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Which is it?

Or Option 3 = Trolling

5 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

Very dangerous question to come here and ask... in that you're likely to get a lot of rubbish responses making up how we get virtually nothing for loans and they barely cover any wages etc.

I think it depends upon the level and level of player. It was rumoured we paid out around £2m in a loan fee for Fahrmann when he came here on loan. Some folks on here will say we get a couple of grand for our own loans.

Wouldn't surprise me if Placheta's loan was hundreds of thousands. Rumour is that Lees-Melou's sale will recoup most of what we paid for him which I believe was £3.75m, the suggestion I have seen is £3.5m. Zimmermann is likely to be hundreds of thousands I suspect.

At the end of the day though, it raises funds in two ways, if players are off the wage bill altogether, those contracts are gone. So a £40k pw contract for two seasons in terms of a financial commitment is taken out of the equation. PLM would have been on half decent wages even after relegation I suspect, he had a good pedigree in France which is why a move for him has, perhaps, been easier to find.

3 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Which is it?

Ooh hark at you, I don’t read accounts no, I only go on what I see happening, I see lots of players going and few coming in, it was a question not a fact so don’t be too ****ing stupid as to say I stated it as a fact ok, don’t get your blue and white knickers in a twist ok! The big clue it was a question is this thing at the end of the first sentence , ?, it is after all called a QUESTION mark 🤣🤣

Edited by TheBaldOne66

How the hell has this club no money

Maximum gates

2 lots of Parachute payments 

7 minutes ago, daly said:

Maximum gates

I feel like if you really wanted to know the answer to this you'd go and look at previous breakdowns of recent accounts.

We clearly do have SOME money btw or we wouldn't have committed to spending £12m on Sara.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, daly said:

Maximum gates

I doubt a season worth of season tickets and casual tickets sold don't cover much.

Parachute payments are not designed to give you a load of money to spend. It's to help you balance the wages of those players/staff you spent x amount on in the premier league.

As our wage bill now is obviously alot higher than last time out in the championship.

Don't get me wrong it does give you a little room for manoeuvre but not massively. For example if we don't go up this season expect the wage bill slashed and sales to increase rapidly.